[Game Update] - 480595

• Developer

Beta Hotfix

Changes:

• The Bone Armor, Bone Helm, Shadow Thurible, and Spiderhat can now be deconstructed.
  • Growth Formula Starter and Composting Bin now require an Alchemy Engine to prototype.
  • Tweaked the Cookbook crafting recipe to use items that can be placed in the Crockpot
  • Added profanity filtering for chat.
    • Filtering will also apply to naming Beefalo and writable Signs.
    • Filtering can be toggled in the options menu via “Steam Chat Filtering”. 
    • Filtering can also be configured with various options in your Steam Community Content Preferences. (https://store.steampowered.com/account/preferences#CommunityContentPreferences)
    • Why is DST’s own text getting filtered? This would be a bug, please report the issue in the bug tracker.
    • Why am I seeing some people’s chat messages filtered but not others? Steam’s default settings are to not filter messages from people on your Steam friends list. 

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a save/load issue with the Fire Staff and Ice Staff projectiles.
  • Fixed the character stuttering while hopping on or off a boat while lag compensation is enabled.
  • Fixed a movement speed bug when amphibious creatures are in the water and fail to jump onto a boat.
  • Fixed a bug where Wanda’s aging sound effect kept playing repeatedly if you paused the game during it.
  • Fixed a bug that would immediately disconnect you from a server for idling upon joining a server.

View full update

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

41 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

• Added profanity filtering for chat. 

is there a way to completely disable it?

edit: im not asking for disabling it only for me there is no point with that 

maybe we could do it a server setting and whatever other people has as option im able to see what they are swearing about

and they can see me what im saying even though they have option on or something?

Edited by HellHeater
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The Bone Armor, Bone Helm, Shadow Thurible, and Spiderhat can now be deconstructed.

That’s super cute and all but we were looking for renewable fossils mostly :( 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • Sad Dupe 1

15 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The Bone Armor, Bone Helm, Shadow Thurible, and Spiderhat can now be deconstructed.

Can the bone armor and/or bone helm please give fossil pieces? The only way you can get more fossil pieces for skeleton decoration is making a loot world, which isn't something that everyone can do.

It would be greatly appreciated, especially given how amazing deconstructing the Bee Queen Crown is in comparison :love_heart: 

For others, this is what each piece deconstructs into:

Recipe("armorskeleton",	{Ingredient("boneshard", 10), Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 6)}, nil, TECH.LOST, nil, nil, true)
Recipe("skeletonhat",	{Ingredient("boneshard", 10), Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 4)}, nil, TECH.LOST, nil, nil, true)
Recipe("thurible",		{Ingredient("cutstone", 2), Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 6), Ingredient("ash", 1)}, nil, TECH.LOST, nil, nil, true)
Recipe("spiderhat",		{Ingredient("silk", 4), Ingredient("spidergland", 2), Ingredient("monstermeat", 1)}, nil, TECH.LOST, nil, nil, true)

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

I’m fairly interested on why fossil fragments are not in the bone helm/armor drops. A lot of people specifically wanted those pieces in particular to drop them, and it’s a bit confusing they don’t drop any at all.

As for the spiderhat, the loot from it is a bit underwhelming for a deconstructable target. I would say 2X or maybe even 3X the loot it currently drops would make it more tempting, as it’s pretty common loot you can farm otherwise : P

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

While I think fossils might as well drop from the bone armor/helm, I must admit it would be super super weird if the only renewable way to get fossils required... being able to summon the fuelweaver, which takes fossils.

If it's changed also I hope the bone shards stay, 20 of them from deconstructing the armor and hat seems pretty nice!!

• Like 8

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have talked about wanting fossils from those drops especially looking at the comments at this thread. I doubt Klei completely missed those suggestions on the forums especially if they were that supported so this seems intentional. My presumption is that if they are going to add renewable fossils in some sort of way, deconstructing is not the avenue they're aiming for. :ghost:

Edited by l0rdgumby
missed a word
  • Like 5
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, l0rdgumby said:

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have talked about wanting fossils from those drops especially looking at the comments at this thread. I doubt Klei completely missed those suggestions on the forums especially if they were that supported so this seems intentional. My presumption is that if they are going to add renewable fossils in some sort of way, deconstructing is not the avenue they're aiming for. :ghost:

I hope not - you get AT MOST 50 bone shards and 30 nightmare fuel from deconstructing the FW drops with a green gem.  This cost doesn't  even factor in the fact you have to kill FW at least twice to fully utilize that decon staff, and unless you are just trying to farm FW drops you also need to clear ruins.   

Not.  Worth.  

Edited by I Heart Popcorn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1