[Game Update] - 480595

I know I'm terrible late to the party, but I just wanted to join in and rage against the heavens offer my two cents.

Cent 1: Regarding the Bone Helm and Bone Armor, getting 20 Bone Shards per Ancient Fuelweaver fight is... not a bad deal. It's not a great deal, but if you are late enough into the game that you are willing to deconstruct these items, I guess it's a decent option to have.

The problem is the change completely misses the point of the suggestions that inspired it. Most people were not looking for a way to get rid of excess bone helms/armors. Hell, most people do not have excess bone helms/armors and those who do can already get rid of excess items via lureplant. They were asking for a solution to the current unrenewability of Fossil Fragments and deconstructing the bone armor/helm was merely one suggestion of how this could be achieved.

Cent 2: The Shadow Thurible and Spider Hat deconstruction feels like change for change's sake. The only occasion in which these items are ever going to be deconstructed is when people want to find out what they deconstruct into. A single use of the Deconstruction Staff is infinitely more expensive than the small quantity of extremely common loot you get from deconstructing these items.

If deconstructing these is meant to have some actual, practical value, the Shadow Thurible and Spider Hat should give, say, a full stack (40) of Nightmare Fuel and Silk respectively. Definitely no less than half a stack (20). At least then, one could reasonably argue that using the Deconstruction Staff would save a significant amount of time vs grinding those resources manually.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2