Speculations about the October's content.

Probably way too optimistic, but if Return of them took ideas from Shipwrecked and made its own unique twist on it, maybe they'll do something similar to Hamlet and allow you to build vertically? Imagine being able to actually build a roof over your head.  Imagine how insane the game would become if they introduced verticality. Base building would become revolutionized and they could change the entire way the world is generated to incorporate stairs and such, which would make possible future areas amazing to explore.

25 minutes ago, cropo said:

Probably way too optimistic, but if Return of them took ideas from Shipwrecked and made its own unique twist on it, maybe they'll do something similar to Hamlet and allow you to build vertically? Imagine being able to actually build a roof over your head.  Imagine how insane the game would become if they introduced verticality. Base building would become revolutionized and they could change the entire way the world is generated to incorporate stairs and such, which would make possible future areas amazing to explore.

considering it is explicitly something they have never done before, i would not be surprised in the slightest if it was something to do with verticality, the engine already can support it to a degree after all.

8 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I'd love to see something with a Halloween event where you can do quests or something for candy and actually go Trick or Treating or somethin.

wurt being able to participate in the event she was added in? don't be so perpostrus 

After giving this some thought- this can literally mean ANYTHING.. (anyone remember begging for that Netflix animated TV Series? :lol:) It can literally be ANYTHING!!

However if we are sticking to their Roadmap schedule it’s either the 3rd Content update (Eye of Storm & Water-Logged are the first two of these 3) the 3rd character Rework (Webber and Wes were the first 2/3) that second QoL Update (we got 1 of 2 this year) or it’s something new under “Holiday Events.”

I’m not going to hold my breath on that Netflix animated series though :( 

Yea, the never done before part is pretty interesting. Of course there is no solid basis but assuming that Klei will keep their 2021 roadmap track, I have a feeling October will be the QoL update and thus the "new special thing" will not involve a specific character or additional content but rather the basic game mechanics. From all the suggestions, something unprecedented for DST like cross console play, community contest, certain mod integration (as much as they added quick drop, it can be more tangible content bods.) etc sound the most plausible to me.

On 8/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, Hornete said:

Who said its content? It was never specified to be content.

Tbh, I don’t think it’s content either. If it was content they probably would have shown a blacked out picture like they normally do. Curious to know what it is.

2 hours ago, X-lem said:

Tbh, I don’t think it’s content either. If it was content they probably would have shown a blacked out picture like they normally do. Curious to know what it is.

There’s still 1 Character Rework, 1 QoL update & 1 content update & “Holiday Events” left on the 2021 roadmap (this is subjected to change at any point.. but if Klei sticks to schedule there has to be a 3rd content update soon?)

21 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There’s still 1 Character Rework, 1 QoL update & 1 content update & “Holiday Events” left on the 2021 roadmap (this is subjected to change at any point.. but if Klei sticks to schedule there has to be a 3rd content update soon?)

Per Klei's post: It's almost time to introduce you to Wanda, the new character DLC that will come to the game in the first half of September. We also have a new special thing we have never done before that we're pretty excited about for October that is super secret

Hummm, it would be cool if it was content. If Klei's excited about it's probably something to be hyped over. I just don't want to get my hopes up :P

Couldn't it also be the QoL? If they are alternating then we would expect to see a QoL before another content update.

There’s many things it could be.. provided here are just a few examples-

The first one on my list (and sadly most unlikely to happen anytime soon) Elevations in land there was once a huge thread all about this that got a lot of attention so it’s still something I hope to see happen SOMEDAY It also fits the description of something new they have never done before.

5ADF6CC8-2676-47DB-A461-6076E7723CB2.jpeg.3040daa03c07897aa045994c191d8bbb.jpeg

The second thing I can think that it may be is that they will take cool PC Mods and incorporate a few of the most popular ones into the game for everyone to enjoy so us Console players can have just a bit of them, and Number one on my list for October Content Update is This One- “Haunted Houses Mod” 

416AC1A6-6556-425C-BA9C-E134309D0AE0.gif.1548c6a92e5e7f1a63a217f75d32a5f9.gif

Klei has never made mods a core part of the game (even if they just picked their top 10 favorites and add them) it would still be something new for console players.

Then Theres the thing I suggested last year- KLEI I still want an actual firepit skin (the type capable of keeping the player Warm) that uses GREEN FLAMES instead of the normal fire colors.. this would be an absolute perfectly spooky (yet still kid friendly) skin to have for the month of Halloween.

63B01DD2-06E5-47D8-B582-AB483E931312.thumb.jpeg.b7b0708d341c94ef486e0e732cd1542e.jpeg

Klei has Never changed the colors of the flames on a Firepit skin before so this would still fit the criteria (and it’s something I hope they’ll seriously do someday)

But aside from “Elevated Land” the things I’m suggesting here are probably small scale, and whatever exciting new thing they’re doing is actually going to be BETTER than anything we can imagine.

(I won’t get my hopes up too high.. but if the folks at KLEI are excited about it, Maybe we should be excited too? ;))

Archived