Speculations about the October's content.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, JustAPineapple said:

I have a feeling it might be introducing something they previously said they would not ever be adding, such as possibly achievements or even big foot into dst 

I'd love for bigfoot to be ported but I believe Klei said they would never add achievements to the Steam version.  

Imagine being able to craft and place existing set pieces, eg: pay a huge amount of resources and clear a large area to be able to build a developers graveyard or basalt pig trap or even tallbird fort.

No more rerolling worlds non stop to get a good one or having to settle for a supbar world. Super late game you can simply build your own set pieces. Not sure how this would work lore wise though...

they'll make split screen better, I hope

Klei, please 

I just want to have a better experience when playing split screen with people 

but of course, it's most probably something content related I would guess 

so maybe Klei will add more than 1 biome to the ocean in the update, it's implausible but I'm a hopeful guy

Wanda update arrives September 9th, and with that hopefully we get actual details on what the October thing is going to be.. KLEI you KNOW me, You know #MeLikeyDaSpooky

Its Literally why after being absent from these forums for so many months I’ve mysteriously resurfaced now :wilson_evil: this is my time of year.. this is like my birthday as a child or Christmas to me.. (it’s not, My birthdays in May but anyway..) October is my FAVORITE Time of Year & You guys have me incredibly excited for whatever’s coming.

I won’t set my expectations too high- but some cool new spooky character/belonging skins I most defiantly expect.

And maybe when Wanda arrives on the 9th you guys will reveal the October thing!

I guess if I was being hopeful, I'd like to see some sort of "Dynamic" Biome implemented. Maybe something that moves around or forms in one season and disappears in another, and then when it comes back it's completely different with how the resources are spread.

It would go completely against the way the current world generation works, but that's why I want it!

But if I had to be realistic in my guess, I think it would be more of a community/not directly game-sided type thing.

5 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Still an ability even if somewhat bad.

Well maybe? But Wilson’s had that since 2013.. so he would be one who hasn’t had anything “new” added to/changed about them but I get what you mean, guess I should’ve worded my post differently.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

it seems its just goin to be a mod contest if anything wich like only like 10% or so are like people that are able to make some good mods just mods for halloween kinda stupid if you ask me no art contest no spooky storys just a mod showcase

A mod contest for halloween has been done before, I doubt theyll specifically say it was never done before if it was about the halloween mod contest.

59 minutes ago, Hornete said:

A mod contest for halloween has been done before, I doubt theyll specifically say it was never done before if it was about the halloween mod contest.

yes i know but why not have everything? in this way more is better actualy

12 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

it seems its just goin to be a mod contest if anything wich like only like 10% or so are like people that are able to make some good mods just mods for halloween kinda stupid if you ask me no art contest no spooky storys just a mod showcase

I think they deliberately chose to announce it only on discord because its not the thing. 

17 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

image.png.f05511ce35c7904651ea5dab49f395a4.png

its on steam too and people are alredy not happy to see this

Well yeah because it's for people on pc, whom can access mods. What I mean is that its not on this forum. This more like a community thing they do on the side.

Why would they announce the secret thing on this forum and then start it on different sites when some people don't have steam nor discord.

Something NEW Klei has never done before that fits the theme of October?? Well.. I know the number one thing I personally want.

15136529-A3D9-41E3-B3AF-2E298306FFAA.thumb.png.bb0a7d389a246c607f94aa746a8e8cdc.png

Klei has never given us a fire pit skin (the type capable of keeping the player warm) with bright green flame colors.

This image is from Harry Potter and as many references to Harry Potter that is ALREADY in DS/DST, I am shocked that there ISN'T A skin like this already

lime green happens to be my favorite color.. but these kind of fires or synonymous with Witches, Cauldrons & Halloween…

I already have Bewitching Wickerbottom, I already have the Creepy Cauldron skin, what I DON’T HAVE is a cool Harry Potter style green flames firepit skin.. to go with them.

Archived