Poll: How do you feel about the waterlogged update?

How do you feel about the waterlogged update?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Content:

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it
  2. 2. New Skins (Seaside Chest, Fresh Verdant Chest):

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it
  3. 3. Twitch Drops (Fishy Hambat, portrait frame, profile icon)

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it

It isn't some epic game changer, but it is what it is, a small biome that helps diversify both methods of dealing with summer and ocean exploring. I have no strong feelings on the skins, but their alright. The Fishbat skin looks great! A wonderful free drop.

16 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Boat changes are fantastic. You can start with just a boat and an oar now, anchors aren't necessary anymore, one mast gives you reasonable speed.

Mega trees are pretty cool too.

Now if the anchor drop was just as fast- that'd be great. :wilson_dorky:

the 64 bit conversion so far did more harm than good, more than once I've been dragged backwards while running from a group of ten spiders into death, and the game just can't handle bee boxes anymore.

the figs are ok, but I hate that they need glommer, some can monopolize glommer by taking the flower to sea, and there's nothing you can do about it

1 minute ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

the 64 bit conversion so far did more harm than good, more than once I've been dragged backwards while running from a group of ten spiders into death, and the game just can't handle bee boxes anymore

You can keep using 32 bit, not everyone should use 64 bit.

i mean the new biom is what ever i guess not too much of a reason to do something there grassgators look cute for sure but they too dont realy do much literaly are koalepfhand reskins in a way and the figs pot food are ok or literaly worse then if you dont use them even more so for the frogsandwich one water spiders are well spiders i guess i mean now there on the water too and i dont know does growing a giant tree actualy protects from smoldering? and if so would you have actualy not choose to alredy turn that off? and i mean you have to have base close to the waters to actualy get some shade from it too and the progress of makin that tree takes alredy a very long time too but hey at least there less rocks in the water now so theres that

skins well there cool the character ones of course i like some more then others thats like whit any of us they may like verdand warly but dont like verdand wortox or maybe the other way around who knows while for the item skins the new ones like that lighttower one it kinda seems to make sense in a way i dont even know what the normal look is realy souposed to look like then theres the 2 tackle boxes wich ok i guess dont realy use them but sure others do and then 2 skins for giblet or what ever that pet was called? 2 at the same time? eh questionable chooice i think but ok would rather go whit one of them to be like a differend pet if it was fitting or just only 1 pet skin

and then theres boat speed upgrate in a way and thats cool and all

so yes those are opinions of me

I’ve been playing this update as Webber so… no opinion on the update outside of him (Yet) What I find MOST unique about this update is that It directly impacts Webber and his rework- What I mean by that is… Klei added new content that interacts with and adds onto the Webber rework- Something all previous reworks did not receive.

(not including Wurt & Wormwood but their upgrades through content updates were also equally amazing.)

I hope Klei continues this exact trend of content creating, if say for example.. they add a new biome with new Spider types, don’t forget to give Webber a second look over to interact with them, IF for example they add a murky moss covered swamp with Erie fog and wrecked pirate ships with restless ghost spirits- Give Wendy’s abilities to interact with them a little TLC.. etc etc..

The content Klei has added to the game and continues to add to the game: Should go hand in hand with their actual character reworks: Wes is supposed to have trouble staying alive so all enemies target him first right?? I want to see all mobs from all future and current updates reflect upon that..

As far as the new skin set goes (belongings) an absolute day one must buy for me: I love the beach (Aka Gypsy Tent).. I love the Lighthouse skin, the Chester skin, the Giblet skins, not too sold on tackle box skin but: I look at those as extra’s to all the other great skins I bought the pack for.

The TL:DR- Grass Gator need to see Wes as a threat and aggro on him ASAP. :wilson_evil:

1 hour ago, SomebodyRandom said:

@Dr.Medic Could you please use punctuation more often? I can barely understand what you're typing.

no i cant im sorry i never know when to use any of these things .,_:,.:;.,::;:_ i just dont know when to use them and i never needed them to read things that dont have any of those .;:.,_:_;..--,. things

My main complains are more on minor stuff, like how Trunks are only 1 meat value, Fig is only 0.5 fruit value and I don't like how silent Grass Gators are, their running sound is louder than the sound they make when they notice you.

I play a lot of games but Dst is one of the few games I know that month after month recieve an update. So I think is cool for a small game recieve this kind of updates.

If you are new player you have a lot of content to explore but if you are veteran, most likely will complain or dont like the update because are tend to be small.

In my humble opinion is great to have this kind of updates monthly.

Plus the update is so beatiful.

I am in love with this update.

Maybe its because my world is a donut and sailing to the mangrove is always a couple of seconds away. 

I can pop in and take my fill of figs, silk and monster meat and then go on my marry way to my original destination. 

Sure is a whole lot different when I don't have to go out of my way to interact with the new biome and instead its in my general path. 

Don't even get me started on how comfortable it is to have a mobile furnace OMG. I was having so much fun for the first time last night I actually forgot to kill klaus. At the edge of EVERY biome I have a furnace, a fridge and two chests. Im thinking of dropping the backpack and getting some clothes at this point. Feels like a whole different game with the new boat speeds.

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Maybe its because my world is a donut and sailing to the mangrove is always a couple of seconds away.

I love this. When you have thousands of hours in the game things like these keeps things fresh.

I just wish I offered a new convenience, something to acquire in the zone that would make something super basic less tedious or a structure with a QOL upgrade or even just a fancy unique new weapon or armour set with a special effect. Figs only go so far, and monster meat and silk isn’t exactly rare. 

The leafy meat crocodile things are neat but again, I wish there was something new to acquire from them.

It’s neat, but it’s more a cool new area to sail through than a destination I’m eager to farm something exciting in.

2 hours ago, SaphironX said:

I just wish I offered a new convenience, something to acquire in the zone that would make something super basic less tedious or a structure with a QOL upgrade or even just a fancy unique new weapon or armour set with a special effect. Figs only go so far, and monster meat and silk isn’t exactly rare. 

The leafy meat crocodile things are neat but again, I wish there was something new to acquire from them.

It’s neat, but it’s more a cool new area to sail through than a destination I’m eager to farm something exciting in.

Above average trees, their seeds specifically. They're exclusive to the biome and once fully grown prevent wildfires, while offering some protection from overheating, rain, and lightning.

I'd say it's one of my favorite content updates in recent years, along with Turn of Tides, Forgotten Knowledge and, last but certainly not least, Reap What You Sow.

The new and improved sailing mechanics have made boats much more accessible and "viable", even in the early game. Perhaps especially then.

I started a new world with Webber just this weekend and decided to rush a boat. And what do you know, I had one fully outfitted by day 7: Alchemy Engine, Think Tank, Firepit, Crock Pot, Ice Box, several chests and more than enough space to eventually add a Pinchin' Winch, Steering Wheel, Anchor and a couple of Masts. And sure, paddling with a driftwood oar is slower than walking, especially if you sail into deeper waters in search of sea weeds and the new biome, but the convenience of having a mobile base wherever you go is just too fricking good. No more lugging around 7 stacks of materials that you can't use yet cause you haven't decided where to base and thus haven't placed an Alchemy Engine yet.

(Also, early access to Sunken Chests for the potential cane or thulecite armor is great. As is early access to Seedshells, which let you stun Birds for your Bird Cage or Rabbits for the Prestihatitator, which has always been one of the most tedious tasks for me.)

Speaking of the new biome, it's actually great for early game fishing. Before you make a Tackle Receptacle and collect the materials for the various spoons and spinnerbaits, you're typically limited to Rot, Seeds and Berries for lures, which are not particularly great unless you are going for Popperfish, Corn Cods or Fallounders. Figs, however, have the highest base attractiveness you can get from a lure and they work on all but 4 fish (Deep Bass, Dandy Lionfish, Bitty Baitfish, Scorching Sunfish). What's more that same biome is home to the Sweetish Fish, which are absolutely crazy for Figs and give Fish Meat when killed; and since the biome has shallow water, you won't get harassed by Rockjaws or Gnarwails.

4 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'd say it's one of my favorite content updates in recent years, along with Turn of Tides, Forgotten Knowledge and, last but certainly not least, Reap What You Sow.

The new and improved sailing mechanics have made boats much more accessible and "viable", even in the early game. Perhaps especially then.

I started a new world with Webber just this weekend and decided to rush a boat. And what do you know, I had one fully outfitted by day 7: Alchemy Engine, Think Tank, Firepit, Crock Pot, Ice Box, several chests and more than enough space to eventually add a Pinchin' Winch, Steering Wheel, Anchor and a couple of Masts. And sure, paddling with a driftwood oar is slower than walking, especially if you sail into deeper waters in search of sea weeds and the new biome, but the convenience of having a mobile base wherever you go is just too fricking good. No more lugging around 7 stacks of materials that you can't use yet cause you haven't decided where to base and thus haven't placed an Alchemy Engine yet.

(Also, early access to Sunken Chests for the potential cane or thulecite armor is great. As is early access to Seedshells, which let you stun Birds for your Bird Cage or Rabbits for the Prestihatitator, which has always been one of the most tedious tasks for me.)

Speaking of the new biome, it's actually great for early game fishing. Before you make a Tackle Receptacle and collect the materials for the various spoons and spinnerbaits, you're typically limited to Rot, Seeds and Berries for lures, which are not particularly great unless you are going for Popperfish, Corn Cods or Fallounders. Figs, however, have the highest base attractiveness you can get from a lure and they work on all but 4 fish (Deep Bass, Dandy Lionfish, Bitty Baitfish, Scorching Sunfish). What's more that same biome is home to the Sweetish Fish, which are absolutely crazy for Figs and give Fish Meat when killed; and since the biome has shallow water, you won't get harassed by Rockjaws or Gnarwails.

That's actually such a good idea. I'm usually stuck on where to place my alch engine on day one. A server I regularly plan on is resetting tomorrow, I might try building a portable one instead. Thanks for the idea!

Archived