Poll: How do you feel about the waterlogged update?

How do you feel about the waterlogged update?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Content:

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it
  2. 2. New Skins (Seaside Chest, Fresh Verdant Chest):

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it
  3. 3. Twitch Drops (Fishy Hambat, portrait frame, profile icon)

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it

I love most of it, but the leafy gator could use some rework.

It got great design but is a very boring mob. It basically a leafy koalephant. 

Here are some of my suggestions:

1. In Spring, It will lay a massive egg ( player has to carry it on the back), the egg is sunk in the sea

2. It will become hostile to anything approach its egg

3. The players can hammer the egg to yield 4 blue egg yolks and maybe some shells

4. The egg can hatch into 4 tiny gators to form a herd ( there should be a herd limit too) 

Where's the "it doesn't add enough" option? Recent patches have been common but lackluster, I don't see a reason to get back into the game with what has been presented. The only reason I found out anything from the update was actually valuable in some sense was thanks to Jazzy's guide on what the content actually does. For all I knew it's just a bland biome with nothing worth while in it.

3 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

Where's the "it doesn't add enough" option? Recent patches have been common but lackluster, I don't see a reason to get back into the game with what has been presented. The only reason I found out anything from the update was actually valuable in some sense was thanks to Jazzy's guide on what the content actually does. For all I knew it's just a bland biome with nothing worth while in it.

not enough with this update? boat tweaks and a new biome that looks better than any other biome in the game wasnt enough? new spider type for webber wasn't enough? honestly what tf do you expect? do you want an entirely ruins type biome as a monthly content update?

Just now, Dextops said:

not enough with this update? boat tweaks and a new biome that looks better than any other biome in the game wasnt enough? new spider type for webber wasn't enough? honestly what tf do you expect? do you want an entirely ruins type biome as a monthly content update?

Boat tweaks is changing numbers in a few lines of code, maybe adding a function to stop the boat after a while as well, that doesn't take much effort to do. The fact that it addresses an issue that has been lingering for so long shouldn't be a highlight, it's something to regard as "about time" if anything. Go back a few months, a year maybe and check what was added. Every other update during the A New Reign update saga had entire bosses added.

2 minutes ago, Dextops said:

ah yes bosses everyone loved such as beequeen as toadstool

Those are the reaseon why I got into dst. Previously I thought it was just ds with multiplayer.

You (and other forumites) really need to stop trying to make those 'witty' replies. They just end up stirring up passive-agression in the thread.

7 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

Boat tweaks is changing numbers in a few lines of code, maybe adding a function to stop the boat after a while as well, that doesn't take much effort to do. The fact that it addresses an issue that has been lingering for so long shouldn't be a highlight, it's something to regard as "about time" if anything. Go back a few months, a year maybe and check what was added. Every other update during the A New Reign update saga had entire bosses added.

yeah ik right it should've taken an entire rewrite in all of the code for klei to be worthy of anything. 64 bit? new mechanics? content that fills the ocean and is fun to figure out? new stuff? forget all that stuff it isn't enough

Just now, Szczuku said:

Those are the reaseon why I got into dst. Previously I thought it was just ds with multiplayer.

You (and other forumites) really need to stop trying to make those 'witty' replies. They just end up stirring up passive-agression in the thread.

im stating my opinion and i could write an essay on why i loathe beequeen i do not think anr bosses are better than RoT bosses thats my opinion but to say this update was bad because a new boss wasn't added yet a lot of people don't like bosses (beequeen crab king ect) just makes no sense to me

Bosses are an overdone piece of content, I'm very glad Klei has been focusing on literally entire new lands and oceans to explore instead of another raid boss.

(I really dislike Eye of the Storm though because literally the only useful piece of content in that update was a boss, an entire new weather caused by the moon was added and the only thing it's good for is spawning another raid boss... but that's a topic for another day.)

16 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

Boat tweaks is changing numbers in a few lines of code, maybe adding a function to stop the boat after a while as well, that doesn't take much effort to do.

That's interesting, cause I seem to recall one of the devs saying that it was much closer to a "complete overhaul", what with them moving all the boat physics calculations from the LUA side to the C++ side and giving a big performance boost to servers with lots of boats in the process.

... How many years did you say you've been coding again?

16 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Bosses are an overdone piece of content, I'm very glad Klei has been focusing on literally entire new lands and oceans to explore instead of another raid boss.

(I really dislike Eye of the Storm though because literally the only useful piece of content in that update was a boss, an entire new weather caused by the moon was added and the only thing it's good for is spawning another raid boss... but that's a topic for another day.)

Yes!! This, I loved the Forgotten Knowledges new lunar Mush biome with the cute Mole Bats and the new Sea Biome, this is the kind of content I beg for more and more of (Klei can even get lazy and just create new mobs for pre-existing areas with empty space if they want..) I would love to see 1 new mob of some sort being added to their “to do list” per Month.

Less focus on raid bosses, more fun areas to explore and common mob types to fight.

When are we going to get actual Puffer Fish? That float around in the water like homing land mines- they see you they puff up and start floating close & explode out hazardous needle projectiles.. There is actually a goofy looking mob similar to this in DS NewHomes unimplemented mobs page on the DS Wiki… WHY are these ideas being scrapped instead of actually put to good use? 

Personally I don’t like the look of the goofy looking DS NewHome version of him.. and would instead prefer him to have the colors of the new Fishy Bat twitch skin.. 

(less cheerful goofy Pokémon vibe, more darker grimmish DS as another mob that hates you and wants you dead.)

Before I stray too far off topic talking about the unimplemented mobs, let me just state that the new Sea-Biome is Awesome and I hope Klei continues to do more content like this, and less raid bosses Please? <3

It was a good update. Not amazing, but really good overall.
I still have trouble foreseeing where the 64 bits thing is going but most people that knows their stuff agreed that it acts as the ground for expanding the game a bit more (be it in map's size or just skins) and with better performance overall. So it's probably a very good thing too, even though we can't see it fully unfolded yet.

I really rather having smaller constant updates as it is, that slowly but steadily keep adding stuff, than a once a year mega update and then no news until next year.

8 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

ngl I think with any update you will get this exact same response, I feel like no matter what the update is almost everyone is gonna be like "yay new stuff" unless its actually poopoo **** tier 

Maybe, but I for one like seeing bars with different lengths. They’re fun to look at

8 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I still have trouble foreseeing where the 64 bits thing is going but most people that knows their stuff agreed that it acts as the ground for expanding the game a bit more (be it in map's size or just skins) and with better performance overall. So it's probably a very good thing too, even though we can't see it fully unfolded 

I’m not a tech person but 64 bit from my understanding is supposed to help with the game’s performance. I’m just hoping it’ll help with host related lag. 

43 minutes ago, Szmorcsz said:

I’m not a tech person but 64 bit from my understanding is supposed to help with the game’s performance. I’m just hoping it’ll help with host related lag. 

It does not generally help with the game's performance, for most it likely won't make a difference on performance.

26 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I don't get people who are always dissatisfied with how much we receive in an update. Go play a game that doesn't get updates anymore, then you won't be disappointed. 

I don't think people check out the Instant Noodle posts where he posts all the game animation assets. The devs put a ton of effort in this.

18 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I still have trouble foreseeing where the 64 bits thing is going but most people that knows their stuff agreed that it acts as the ground for expanding the game a bit more (be it in map's size or just skins) and with better performance overall. So it's probably a very good thing too, even though we can't see it fully unfolded yet.

I really rather having smaller constant updates as it is, that slowly but steadily keep adding stuff, than a once a year mega update and then no news until next year.

In terms of XBOX I was hoping that the 64 bit transition meant Klei could give us those larger worlds & Tons more options only PC is currently capable of, Because I read somewhere from someone stating with 64 Bit the game can jump from being a smaller 4gb or less game to being able to be much larger. However those hopes were completely dashed on some jagged rocks like my boat cookie hitting a sea stack in the black of night when an actual Klei Dev informed me the console versions were always in 64 Bit. 

So really it’s ANYONE’S guess what the transition to 64 bit (which seems to only effect PC) does. 

If I use my brain (which I don’t do very often) maybe it means they can do updates & have two different versions of the game (think GTA V on Xbox 360 vs GTA V on Xbox One and soon GTA V Xbox Series X/S- Same game… but MAJOR Differences in content)

On 8/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, Hornete said:

That is a fair point. What I tried to point out however is the fact that a boss is an obvious substantial piece of content, at least to an extent. You don't have to have a boss, just substantial enough to warrant appraisal. Whatever this was is not it certainly.

You could put forward the idea that the 64 bit transition was taking up a lot of time and effort to do so this being all we get from a seemingly significant update is a bit more understandable. I don't know what effect that will have though because I'm not educated enough on the subject to make any particularly informed points, so eh.

46 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

That is a fair point. What I tried to point out however is the fact that a boss is an obvious substantial piece of content, at least to an extent. You don't have to have a boss, just substantial enough to warrant appraisal. Whatever this was is not it certainly.

We have different ideas of what substantial content is then, a giant tree to protect from the elements that covers quite a good area, sources for logs, silk, leafy meat, a new fruit out on the ocean are extremely substantial to me, and I much prefer these over another silly raid boss. But to each their own.

Archived