Poll: How do you feel about the waterlogged update?

How do you feel about the waterlogged update?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Content:

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it
  2. 2. New Skins (Seaside Chest, Fresh Verdant Chest):

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it
  3. 3. Twitch Drops (Fishy Hambat, portrait frame, profile icon)

• I love it
    • I like it
    • Meh
    • I don't like it
    • I hate it

I am in the crowd happy to see a shift of focus from bosses. I treat DST as a survival game, not a boss fight simulator. I haven't even SEEN most of the bosses because I don't care for fighting bosses. I care about the seasonal RoG bosses because of their unique world-interacting behavior, not because of 'big thing must kill'. Bearger is my favorite boss because of how Bearger is actually better alive than dead.

47 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I care about the seasonal RoG bosses because of their unique world-interacting behavior

Praise! Malbatross is unironically one of my favorite DST bosses because of this, it's an RoG-like boss that interacts with the world and goes after the player when they're angry at them! (stealing all her fish, etc)

If there had to be more bosses, I'd like to see more RoG-like ones.

26 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Praise! Malbatross is unironically one of my favorite DST bosses because of this, it's an RoG-like boss that interacts with the world and goes after the player when they're angry at them! (stealing all her fish, etc)

If there had to be more bosses, I'd like to see more RoG-like ones.

I almost want to say that behavior resembles the tiger shark in a way. The tiger shark spawns near the player but has some free roaming before engaging (or not) with the player. You can witness it hunting other sea life as it swims around. 

RoG bosses are more of a wave not unlike hounds. 

Tiger shark also has some extra ecology what with its nest and babies. I think tiger shark would be a really good addition to the game just for its unique interactions with the world (items may need repurposing). 

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I almost want to say that behavior resembles the tiger shark in a way. The tiger shark spawns near the player but has some free roaming before engaging (or not) with the player. You can witness it hunting other sea life as it swims around.

They're definitely similar and I love them both!! I think this is one of the benefits of the ocean: a creature can appear out of nowhere sometimes and it feels like an entirely natural part of the world, because yeah... it was just down there somewhere this whole time!

I originally voted "meh" on the update content, but it's grown on me. If I were able to change my vote, I would change it to "I like it." The waterlogged biome itself is very pretty and pleasant, the ability to grow new giant trees anywhere you want is fun, and boats were drastically improved, and I didn't appreciate any of that at first. So, not that it really matters, but subtract one "meh" an add one "I like it" to the poll, if you really care about the points on there. ^o^;>

Its very small & feels like just part of an update (there’s literally scrapped concepts for things like shadow creatures hiding under lotus flowers & lily pads as temporary boats that got cut due to meeting Deadlines for the update)  but I like to think these things that got cut will still be added later in like Water Logged Part 2 or something..

Theres still TONS of room to improve the boring content-less areas of the game…  & I’m not talking about JUST Ocean content, obviously ocean needs the most.. But some of the old biomes that don’t have much in them and weather seasons (cough cough Summer) could use a breath of fresh air. Its time a 2013 game, started feeling like an actual SEQUEL in year 2022. And with some certain content being cut due to deadlines, It’s safe to say Water Logged may see improvements in future updates.

Archived