Waterlogged Update Beta Open!

11 minutes ago, TipherethB said:

It should have some sort of drawback if it gave that much wood in a significantly shorter period of time. I'm all for a way to get a large ammount of logs in a very short period of time but I don't think it should be 40 or more at once. When there's several options, there needs to be upsides and drawbacks for both options, or you end with Twiggy Trees, which I think everyone agrees are just objectively worse, or at the very least objectively more mildly inconvenient than saplings.

It takes quite a bit to grow one of those trees.

If I tested in-game correctly and read the code correctly, it takes 12-18 days to enrich a fully grown tree into the giant version, and that's not even taking into account the other stages and the time for the nut to start growing. You also need atleast 4 tree jam and since thats made of glommers goop you need to wait 2 days or so I believe for glommer to poop one goop, so you probably won't even be able to grow multiple trees at once unless you really stock pile.

So I don't think it'd be that insane to ask for 60 logs from this behemoth of a tree, especially since you can get much more than 60 logs in all that time just from other sources, so I say these trees can have this niche of dropping 60 logs or so. or whatever ginormous amount.

• Like 7

3 things:

1. I am SO EXCITED that Warly can eat the Trunks for once!
  2. Those trees are BEAUTIFUL.
  3. I don't want anything to do with the Sea Striders. I'm terrified of Daddy Long Legs irl, and those buggers give me the worst heebie jeebies.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, TipherethB said:

Though again I haven't played the update yet, so feel free to correct me.

people arguing for things when they have no idea what they are talking about is the reason why we can't have nice things

• Haha 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1

Ah yes, now we can sail in the world's fastest pancake.

I wonder if there are going to be any tools for making multiple boats connect each other, like some kind of rope. That way players have more space todo stuff, and not be completely screwed when a one of the boats cease to exist.

Edited by The_Bug
  • Like 1

Just tried out having a boat with no masts and just rowing it. Honestly, the oars are really great now. Who needs masts anyways? I just wish I had brought my Eyebrella to the boat trip. (Also don't be stupid like me and try to evade a head-on collision without even moving your feet, you gotta move to the other side, don't be lazy.)

2 hours ago, splorange said:

also the giant trees should drop more logs, 6 is so bad its hilarious. maybe 40-60?

Personally I prefer the main use for this tree being something unique like the wildfire/lightning protection it provides, over just another way to get logs. I think it's really cool design.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Personally I prefer the main use for this tree being something unique like the wildfire/lightning protection it provides, over just another way to get logs. I think it's really cool design.

ok yeah but im not saying its not useful for that im just saying it should drop more logs lol

8 hours ago, Seero said:

My amazing friend @Grim the sent me a fake update post and I sadly fell for it, you can laugh if you want but what I want to know if this update is legit and not some troll, because grim sent me the link to this thread unknown.png

It’s quite obvious it’s a spoof.C09AC757-0A59-479B-8C0A-F85BC4974674.thumb.png.c29d2d755cd6630bc0655c9750ba7503.png

also posted in what was the past9FE7D05A-3B9A-435D-87DF-DE6B714F7B17.png.1bb18a5bf103464f4df34dd01f89a780.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Figatoni is great

agreed but i do think its a pity that it requires 2 whole vegetables though which means it cannot be made with a fig and 3 kelp (1.5 veg value). Wouldve been soooo awesome for Wurt, and everyone really, if you could make Figatoni with 100% sea resources while sailing. 

• Like 1
  • Health 1

9 minutes ago, Ohan said:

agreed but i do think its a pity that it requires 2 whole vegetables though which means it cannot be made with a fig and 3 kelp (1.5 veg value). Wouldve been soooo awesome for Wurt, and everyone really, if you could make Figatoni with 100% sea resources while sailing. 

I suppose that's where the popperfish and corn cod come to help but I agree, making the recipe require 1.5 vegetables would simply be great! 

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jason said:
  • Boats will now properly collide with all objects while offscreen.
  •  

will this mean boats will always be loaded? I can't help but imagine that this will become an issue of performance

11 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

popperfish and corn cob

I forgot about those! :wilson_facepalm:

Hmm 1 fig 1 corn fish and 2 kelp sounds reasonable enough. ive never deliberately fished for corn fish before i wonder if u could reliably make figatoni like this at sea. 

1.5 veg value would still be amazing though :D

Edit: i just did the calculations and 1 fig + 2 kelp + 1 corn equals 56,5 hunger the exact amount given by figatoni. For a hunger increase ud have to make it with a popperfish instead of a corn cod. the 15 sanity and 30 health is still really nice though either way. 

Edited by Ohan