are you pro

art thou a pro?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. pro?

• yes
    • no

i'm actually so bad it's great
i've been watching people argue about how the game is balanced for day 300+ players for YEARS (ever since before celestial portal and winona) and i'm just chilling because even though i agree with some of the problems brought up they don't affect me ever

Kinda close to 3k hrs of playtime, and I still would not call myself pro, cos there's still a lot of things that I haven't discovered or tried out yet. Not to mention if that includes knowing how to survive longer and make full use of each character, I tend to stick to a few characters that I really like.

That being said I prefer playing in a group and provide needed support, so yea that's pretty much it.

What the frick did you just ask me? I'll have you know I scored 1st places in BOTH Forge AND Gorge events and I've been involved in numerous ultra pro boss speedruns, and I have over 300 confirmed solo Fuelweaver kills. I am trained in Edgy Rick warfare and I'm the top Wolfgang player in the entire US DST Community. You are nothing to me but just another peasant. I will put a moonslens out into the vast ocean for you to confuse it with location of said base, and i will be amused by your struggle and crushed false hope of getting to base before winter, mark my words. You think you can get away with asking me such prepostorous and pride insulting question on klei dst forums? Think again, plebanian. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Willows across the DST servees and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the base deepfrying, maggot. The blaze that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your base. I'll hammer your fridge. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can grief you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just without endgame gear. Not only am I extensively pretentious and annoying, but I have access to the entire arsenal of server moderation and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable base off the face of the server. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "pro" question was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your horses. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you scrub. I will bring fury all over you and your puny colony of a scrapyard you so call "base". You'll starve, kiddo.

Being a pro is really hard to quantify for dst in the first place does it mean never getting hit or doing scienceless ruins runs? Does it mean building a mega base? Does it mean surviving 3k days, does it mean beating all boss by exploiting ai or not doing that? Or does it mean you just have a high understanding of the game's mechanics? Or perhaps all of that? I mean for some people pro means beating toadstool as wes with only axes

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Being a pro is really hard to quantify for dst in the first place does it mean never getting hit or doing scienceless ruins runs? Does it mean building a mega base? Does it mean surviving 3k days, does it mean beating all boss by exploiting ai or not doing that? Or does it mean you just have a high understanding of the game's mechanics? Or perhaps all of that? I mean for some people pro means beating toadstool as wes with only axes

it means you can make a living by playing that game

54 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

i think i'll make a poll based on this comment if you dont mind

edit: several actually

22 hours ago, Bugsworth said:

a few years ago a friend told me about this thing where more than 50% of people thought they were above average drivers. this is obviously wrong because more than 50% is the majority. i wanna see how many people think they are above average to see if dst community thinks too highly of themselves. if you think you are pro and wanna share the reason, be my guest. i forgot to mention, my definition of pro in this case is being above average.

this is called the Dunning-Krueger effect

Archived