are you pro

art thou a pro?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. pro?

• yes
    • no

To be fair, this need to be specific. Cause evreyone is good at DST at least in one things, such as pvp, base building, farming, fishing, boss fights, exploring, base organising, greifing starving, in the state of insanity, being certain characters, cheating with commands and rollbacks, dying and etc. So this poll is honestly to broad.

Plus even if most dst professionals earn money by showing certain strategy in boss fights and base stuffs, there also some who create Memes of DST and Mods and make a living out of it tho it is a small minority. 

It really mostly depends on your definition of “pro” obviously for the semantics people, i do not get paid and 99% of plays dont either, but thats not really the point of the question.

For a VERY long time I primarily played lights out mode and i know more about it and strategies for it than most other players ever will, but i played it for so long I actually got worse at playing normal mode. I’m currently fairly rusty and playing on a bad laptop that cant run the game well, but with my experience i would say i am pretty good at the game despite that. My problems are light management taking up so much time, an alchemy engine could be a day 7 thing. But there are players who rarely beat dragonfly who make gigantic bases that last thousands of days. They might not survive the lights out i’m used to but they sure can survive longer than i ever CONSIDERED. I believe them to be better than me at the game, because i prefer the first two years and rarely play a world past it. Meanwhile they will have so much thulecite they’ll put crowns on pigs for decoration. We all have different playstyles, and we need to consider players on the forums are likely more invested in the game than the average player to begin with, so we’re likely better informed and better equipped to tackle the constant, though i’m sure theres someone with over a thousand hours who has never made an account on the forums and just lurks.

Archived