Webber's Character Refresh Coming Next Week!

I really love the lore to gameplay changes. Webber always felt like a “pet class” character and with these changes hopefully they won’t be limp noodles. And having friends be able to base next to spiders(optional) without sacrificing a key gameplay mechanic for Webber is nice!

If we go by what little we know about his origin, he was formerly a child, then a spider tried to eat him, then his body transformed.

I guess it is spider man if a spider the size of your head tried to bite your head off and then ended up fusing with you

8 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Will Wilson then pull a test tube out of nowhere, just like Webber silk, so that it explodes on his face and his hair bounces back into place? Is that cartoonish enough? 

Wouldn't that be a cool callback to his origin trailer?

10 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

A small part of me really hopes they throw wurt a bone as well with this update or she officially has the most expensive follower mechanic but also the least unique. :(

Wurts followers are the cheapest and even with webbers update, likely the strongest too, she is also the only character with access to elite followers that wont be startled by boss screams

Webber definitley will have the most unique and fun to play army with being able to change your spiders types. You can have cave spiders with football helmets tanking the aggro at the frontline, your main spider swarm of regular and spider warriors to do close range dps, and then spitters in the back shooting from range, with a couple nurses to heal throughout the battle.

It wouldve been nice to be able to seperatley control the types like units so you can always ensure your spider cave tanks attack first to get aggro, instead of say your spitters, but i guess we'll see how it all works out next week.

Forgot to mention it will also be kinda neat to be able to put a miner hat on one or a couple of your spiders so you can fight at night.

14 hours ago, DST_LSJ said:

919580420_20142021.thumb.png.cef9ee9ad600fc03413b58fd82986375.png

What happened to them?

Looks like Webber got swoll and didn't skip any leg or head-leg day, and took to personal grooming practices.

In reality, the last I heard was that Toni and some of the core artists are working on other projects and not DST so the differing styles will be more pronounced.

30 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

A small part of me really hopes they throw wurt a bone as well with this update or she officially has the most expensive follower mechanic but also the least unique. :(

18 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Wurts followers are the cheapest and even with webbers update, likely the strongest too, she is also the only character with access to elite followers that wont be startled by boss screams

If only Followers weren't bugged. They can be unloaded far away from their homes and those homes will no longer spawn new, unless you find it's previous owner, kill him or bring back home.

1 hour ago, TheJazMaster said:

I just noticed that his spider half is apparently living on his forehead.

image.png.a2b7ba6a285b1c821db291e78d153fad.png

image.png.8a7842ca8355ac998bd49e642643f6cb.png

Those are just his another pair of eyes. Regular spiders have them too

18 hours ago, JoeW said:

Webber can craft a Den Decorating Set. Once decorated the Spider Den will pacify the Spiders in range and make them friendly towards regular players

I can transform a pig into a werepig to kill him, but I know it will just feel bad to kill these.

I was suspecting somehting was going on since you weren't sharing klei points, thanks for the chance to get more spools and congratulations to Webber fans! 

There's a lot of great things here: summoning spiders in the day time with the Webby Whistle, AoE healing with the Healing Glop, sleeping in tier 3 dens, "domesticating" spider dens and getting extra speed on webbing. 

As others have already stated, I do wish something will be done about the issue of spiders eating dropped foods before you can pick it up. And also about the issue of Webber losing sanity from eating raw meats besides Monster Meat.

However, I am concerned that changing spider types and giving them hats might not work all that well in practice. In theory, it could give Webber a really unique, pseudo-RTS mechanic, but most spider types feel rather interchangeable (aside from Spitter and, now, Nurse Spiders). And spiders rely heavily on "strength in numbers", so outfitting them all with helmets seems rather impractical.

Archived