Webber's Character Refresh Coming Next Week!

Spoiler

I dont mean any offence to the design choices on the rework of webber, but how useless are 90% of these. It would be fine if he got a stat boost like wurt or spiders got a lot stronger from your buildings but its not stated that they do. Deerclops, bearager are still gonna 1 shot them, makes no difference. In higher level of play i never see any of this stuff being useful

5 hours ago, rachelpark5191 said:

fk yes!!!!! finally you guys are paying attention to the spiders!! and small question does Webber have the ability to run on four legs? I thought he could when I saw him in one of the DST wallpapers with all the characters together in that one

No

Edit: figured I should bring up there's a monkey character in the original ds who has that ability tho

5 hours ago, rachelpark5191 said:

fk yes!!!!! finally you guys are paying attention to the spiders!! and small question does Webber have the ability to run on four legs? I thought he could when I saw him in one of the DST wallpapers with all the characters together in that one

Yes he can

6 hours ago, rachelpark5191 said:

55 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yes he can

No he can't, who ran in 4 legs was Wilbur from Shipwrecked.

12 hours ago, tb_1233 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I dont mean any offence to the design choices on the rework of webber, but how useless are 90% of these. It would be fine if he got a stat boost like wurt or spiders got a lot stronger from your buildings but its not stated that they do. Deerclops, bearager are still gonna 1 shot them, makes no difference. In higher level of play i never see any of this stuff being useful

Deerclops and/or bearger are basically meant to kill middling players, they have an AOE to prevent players from just using mobs to take them down, but any of the ACTUAL high end (raid) bosses are greatly susceptible to a swarm of enemies, and many times the meta way of dealing with bee queen or dragonfly is just to swarm them with numbers. webber can even wake his minions up post pan fluting, webber is the only character with a reliable ranged minion, and if you dont see the value of that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

This update is kinda going to turn webber into a mini boss since now he can call spiders out at any point in the day for long boss battles he'll have a near limitless army considering a spider respawns every 90 seconds per den he will never truly be alone in the boss fight.

2 hours ago, JackScout14 said:

Where's the video? Or does it not release today?

Check the date, it's gonna release on June 24th PDT (it's currently almost 10 PM there)

21 hours ago, tb_1233 said:

What even is high level play? Who are you competing with? Fun is what's important here and these changes sound like a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Aartyyy said:

its june 24 now give

As Wilson once said to the customers when he worked at a customer line before moving on to become a Gentleman Scientist: 

:wilson_bearded:>Thanks for calling in with your request, please hold the line for approximately 8 hours. We thank you for your cooperation. Please rate your experience with us today.

801982888_KleiServices.thumb.png.ba8e0eaa6e313744074d9ab6ca6865e5.png

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

As Wilson once said to the customers when he worked at a customer line before moving on to become a Gentleman Scientist: 

:wilson_bearded:>Thanks for calling in with your request, please hold the line for approximately 8 hours. We thank you for your cooperation. Please rate your experience with us today.

I love this! this is awesome!

On 6/18/2021 at 2:52 AM, minespatch said:

588497dac5ab9_mommyspiderqueenanherdarlings.png.829a05a38d327535b11fa40515f2a603.png

as always you are amazing minespatch!

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

This brightened my day :))) Thank you 

Any idea what time Klei usually drops updates? Will it go live before the devcast? I can't remember from previous updates. Usually I'm fine waiting but as a Webber main I am bursting with excitement.

5 minutes ago, Nolgore said:

Any idea what time Klei usually drops updates? Will it go live before the devcast? I can't remember from previous updates. Usually I'm fine waiting but as a Webber main I am bursting with excitement.

image.png.4fd84169942c0d2229338ad667090ab5.png

If I'm not mistaken, that's in approximately 4 hours.

Archived