Webber's Character Refresh Coming Next Week!

I'm shocked lol, most of ideas are from community (even some of them are from me).

Looks really fine! But a bit confused about whistle and doodad thing.

Also what the hell is nurse spider? Edit: nvm find out

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-I am not happy with Webber's idle animation. It's pushing the cute-ification and is kinda out of place. I mean come on, he has 4 additional limbs for crying out loud. Surely you could've made them move or something for his idle. Will Wilson then pull a test tube out of nowhere, just like Webber silk, so that it explodes on his face and his hair bounces back into place? Is that cartoonish enough? 

Jeez, Webber is a 8 year old boy. What do you want him to do? 

11 minutes ago, rainman895 said:

Jeez, Webber is a 8 year old boy. What do you want him to do? 

i want him to pull out a gun and head shot a pig because its dark and edgy who cares if its an 8 year old and is entirely out of character 

38 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

But wait! Will spiders still eat all meat items dropped by mobs?

I just remember that video where Webber with his mini army killed koalefant and spiders instantly vacuum cleaned all the meat and trunk.

That is a good question

I do love these changes, I’m extremely excited, because the core of webber, swarms, hasn’t changed. Players who didn’t like webber before probably aren’t going to suddenly love spiders now, but i like that it definitely was made with what webber players want in mind: hats, access to multiple spider types without going all over the world, and better control, all while including a bunch of fun mini perks like sleeping in dens and making spiders passive. I personally do not like the idea of “wasting” a football helmet on a spider, but maybe that will change when i have easy access to more powerful spiders. Maybe that nurse spider only has 150 health, and ends up being super useful so mine always have helmets. I trust in klei so i know they’ll do my webby boy justice!

47 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

But wait! Will spiders still eat all meat items dropped by mobs?

I just remember that video where Webber with his mini army killed koalefant and spiders instantly vacuum cleaned all the meat and trunk.

Unpopular opinion: i think they should, it wouldn’t make sense, its a downside from the nature of using spiders

2 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

I do love these changes, I’m extremely excited, because the core of webber, swarms, hasn’t changed. Players who didn’t like webber before probably aren’t going to suddenly love spiders now, but i like that it definitely was made with what webber players want in mind: hats, access to multiple spider types without going all over the world, and better control, all while including a bunch of fun mini perks like sleeping in dens and making spiders passive. I personally do not like the idea of “wasting” a football helmet on a spider, but maybe that will change when i have easy access to more powerful spiders. Maybe that nurse spider only has 150 health, and ends up being super useful so mine always have helmets. I trust in klei so i know they’ll do my webby boy justice!

Unpopular opinion: i think they should, it wouldn’t make sense, its a downside from the nature of using spiders

I hope they will be strong enough to kill bosses or something like that. Because outside of big bads, you only need them for food hunting. But what the point if the just eat all the food anyway?

Hi, my friends and I have translated the game contents for a better understanding of the Brazilian community.

Olá, eu e meus amigos traduzimos o conteúdo do jogo (notícias, atualizações, etc) para melhor entendimento da comunidade brasileira, se você é brasileiro e não entende muito bem inglês recomendo ler nosso blog! Inclusive traduzimos a postagem acima.

http://www.dontstarvebrasil.com.br/2021/webber-rework/

Archived