New upcoming character predictions

The more I think about it, the more I predict that the next new DLC character has to be related to the sea.

Now from the perspective of new players, they likely have roamed the map a lot, and encountered both the caves and the ocean, but more so the caves. Sea exploration is hard for new players because it isn't as simple as traveling into a sinkhole. We have had many updates in the ocean, but a proper sea exploration character has not been made to explore these updates.

Warly/Wormwood were added to promote cooking/farming, Winona was added for bosses (and also Trusty Tape), Wortox/Walter for exploration on mainland and caves, and Wurt was added for a little bit of sea exploration for kelp to help build merm kingdom. The only "real" character for exploring the sea is Woodie's Weregoose transformation, so it's very sad that we don't have a real aficionado explorer of the sea.

Now, Woodlegs is a great pirate but doesn't seem like the right character to add, since he loses sanity constantly on land (but it doesn't rule him out). Walani seems like a great candidate, since her surfboard allows picking things up along the coastline, and is probably my prediction for a good starter character for sea exploration.

Now, an entirely new character could be possible, but then I'm talking about a deep ocean character. Someone who is capable of living off of fish for a long time. Someone like a fisherman who is very good at fishing (and eating) all kinds of fish, and has a benefit to eating fish crockpot foods. He'd be able to use the Tackle Receptacle and Crabby Hermit fishing items more effectively than others. He could craft his own special rod or fishing net, or his own special bait, and give Crabby Hermit a run for her money. The player would be able to learn that each fish is unique in its own special way, and would also learn about Wobsters, barnacles, sea flowers, Gnarwails, sharks, and much more going on in the sea. There are so many varieties of fish and sea life out there that I would predict a fisherman to be the next exploration character coming soon to DST.

TLDR; I predict Walani as a sea exploration starter character, otherwise a new fisherman character capable of exploring the sea, sea creatures, and exotic fish in general.

What are some of your own character predictions? :wilson_curious:

I think a sea oriented character would be a big mistake, in my opinion. Once you find out where everything in the ocean there isn't much of a reason to explore it anymore (maybe to fill out your map). Not to mention we have ways to pin point the location of crab king and the lunar island now.

As for character predictions... Its fun but Im not sure anyone will be right. I've posted my list multiple times but Ill make a new one right now for fun.

894229046_download(2).jpeg.ff482978c4ca92aa8cd672d140c225f9.jpeg

Whoopsie, the road kill Ratcoon.

Perks

1. 1 free revive every other time he uses a actual revival item.

2. Unnatural revival gives him adrenaline, boosting speed, damage slightly and mining/woodcutting but his stats cant be raised past what he revives with until adrenaline wares off. 

3. Can trade with catcoons. Trade deals will always be the same based on what was given to the catcoon.

Ex: Always get a rock for a seed, always get 1 gold for 1 fish etc

I don't think that a sea character would be that epic, but, maybe it could be great, I don't know, I just hope that it will have some great perks, or atleast, logic perks. I understand why Walter has the perk of gaining sanity by standing nearby a lot of trees but, at the same time, why this perk is on him and not Woodie or Wormwood ? Walter wasn't the best candidate for this perk.
The only thing that I really wish, is again, a new human characters, I love monsters or plants, but, we have just the right number I think, and, maybe, an asian representation would be very welcome ? 

I’m 99.9% certain it’s going to end up NOT being Walani and will instead be playable Charlie.

Why Charlie? current antagonist of DST- has cool shadow manipulation powers, would be a DST exclusive character, would have tons of lore, and just like Maxwell who was Antagonist of DS but unlockable later.. Charlie should get the same treatment.

Who/What would replace Charlie? Maybe perhaps “Them”? So we know who/what “Them” is and why exactly they’re returning.

Return of Them can’t come to an end until we know what Them is... and why they’re returning.

That said: Just because Charlie is no longer at the Helm does not mean game over- it simply means someone or something else (probably a lot less friendly) takes her place.

But if we’re talking entirely brand new character never seen or heard of before: I want a Rock Lobster Tank like character that lives well in Caves content and can tame and ride Depth Worms like Beefalo.

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m 99.9% certain it’s going to end up NOT being Walani and will instead be playable Charlie.

I sincerely hope they don't go this route. Doing it with Maxwell was pretty cool, but if they did it again I don't think it would really be able to hold the same cool factor. I know in the past there were people who wanted playable Charlie (I remember there used to be a workshop mod for her), but if they wanted to do that, I feel like they would have had to have not made her the antagonist.

I think George Witherstone is a likely candidate as his w name is seen in the William Carter puzzles pretty early on, and Maxwell seems unlikely to give up. On the other hand, i don't see what powers he would have in the constant, we don't know much of his skills.

If not Witherstone, then I think Wagstaff would make a great choice. I'd love to see him become a secondary antagonist figure amongst the survivors, or at the very least, an outlet for more interactions and lore.

Why would they add an ocean character when the ocean has nothing? Think about everything you can do on the mainland: fight every single boss except malbatross and crab king, terraform the world to make whatever you want, farm, tame beefalo, do everything in the caves, gather every resource except for like 5, everything in the game except ocean fish.

Think about what there is to do on the ocean. You can look for the couple of sea salt stacks and very slowly gather salt. You can fish for ocean fish. You can.... Um... Fight malbatross once every 20 days, and crab king too I guess.

Them making a character dedicated to ocean exploration would make as much sense as you saying Woodie's weregoose form isn't a real ocean character but Winona is a real boss fight character.

12 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

As a wise man said on 40 other forum posts like this,  Wagstaff

One of the new characters based on previous trends will be a character from the main series and one brand new character. One will be paid. From the lore we have so far, and the hints in the videos. I foresee the character coming from the main series be wagstaff. The late game mentions portals that arn't working, symbols that relate to wagstaff's warehouse, and other hints. I foresee the next OG character being wagstaff. For the other new character, I am unsure what it will be. Walter surprised everyone with the character design and skills. 

I'd like to see them add an ocean character with the addition of diving locations. Using a diving helmet, you could visit underwater reefs, shipwrecks, and partially submerged caves. The sea character would be unique by being the only one to have their head slot free when underwater (maybe Wurt too).

Sir Warbucks is preparing to make his grand entrance to DST's constant and you know it. He might even come with a sea exploration-related characteristic where he itches for adventure and starts increasingly losing sanity when he hasn't left the shore a certain distance or visited deep caves & ruins biomes for more than 5 days.

Warby.thumb.jpg.632fff3fbc4f5d8e6224e83b9be3b3b2.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 3:02 PM, Aeglefire said:

Now, Woodlegs is a great pirate but doesn't seem like the right character to add, since he loses sanity constantly on land (but it doesn't rule him out). Walani seems like a great candidate, since her surfboard allows picking things up along the coastline, and is probably my prediction for a good starter character for sea exploration.

Woodlegs shouldn't be added period because he is like one of THE excluive characters (think Wilba and Wheeler, they make sense in their DLC) and he has a custom way of being unlocked

Here is my observation about characters and what new character should look like.

After dosens of time I wasted (a good waste lol) with playing this game I just realized something.
Your character can give you a stressful role in team. I mean whenever I play with Wormwood on server, they force me and other wormwood players to work on the farm while they discover and fight. Or when you play with Wigfrid, you should fight for everytime. I know you guys are gonna say "Because she is better at fight" but this supposed to be an "Challange" on single player and IMO they couldn't transitied it very well. Your superpowers becomes your slavery job and your downsides becomes your "don't do" list. There is really hard lines in gameplay systems and I don't think they are gonna be fixed or should be (waste of resource.).
Wormwood is a farm slave most of time, Walter don't have hard lines but he is quite weak. Wurt is an asocial character which usualy live away from others. Most of people I play with them don't want swamp bases but wurt need swamp for resource so that makes him real lonesome gal.
But I believe they can don't repeat same mistakes in new character.
Making character a sea based character is gonna make him a new sea slave for team. Ppl those play with him is not gonna be able to work on farm, fighting, discovering etc. He could have powers on seas but he should not be connected to the sea really hard of. For example SW's Woodlegs is terrifying idea. I mean what would a team do with him? Probably he is gonna make a boat and will be sended to the sea for resources. He would be "have to be on sea" instead of "want to be on sea" which is opposite thing a sea based character should do. Like I said before, he is quite challenging on single player but he will limit capacity of ppl that play game bc there is someone does other jobs.

So slagger, what should new character be like?

I really don't want to see old faces which I believe most of them are not interesting. Now like I said in my old threads, physicially I don't wanna a monster or kid character, I want an grumpy old man (Like carl from UP animation), preferentialy pirate.
In mechanic, I believe he should have few sea perks but those perks should be effective on land too.

•  

6 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Woodlegs shouldn't be added period because he is like one of THE excluive characters (think Wilba and Wheeler, they make sense in their DLC) and he has a custom way of being unlocked

I think all characters unlocked through a progression meter bar should be in the game (Walani, Warly, Wheeler, Wormwood, Wagstaff)

Meanwhile.. characters that require doing something special may be less likely to show up (Woodlegs, Wilbur, Wilba) 

That said- DST is a direct sequel to DS officially picking up where DS ends.... so these characters should’ve already been found and unlocked- So even THEY could show up in the game.. it just depends on how much Klei wants to add them or not.

Personally I would prefer all characters from DS including Warly & Wormwood to be considered as “Reworks” and All characters who have NEVER been playable or even in the game at all.. (Charlie, Pearl, Warticia) to be considered as Brand NEW playable characters.

Archived