How often do you play dst?

poopoo peepee  

153 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play dst?

• Everyday for a few hours- I'm addicted to this game
    • Everyday for a bit- I don't have enough time/I'm satisfied with shorter sessions
    • Every now and then- It's nice but I think I'm starting to get bored
    • No more- I only log in for daily skins
    • No more- I no longer open dst, but am sticking around the forums
    • Update slave- I only arrive to milk the new content dry and then disappear

I don’t understand the question, are you asking if I have 6+ hours to dedicate to playing? The answer to that is no and in fact: I prefer short burst sessions where I can enjoy myself and feel like I’ve accomplished something within 30 minutes or less.

I absolutely hate long slow boring grinds.. I hate spending HOURS doing something with very little actual benefit, and what’s worse- I hate being able to LOSE Hours worth of progress in a handful of Seconds.

Its why I DON’T play Ark Survival Evolved anymore (you spend 14 real world human days raising something only for the game to “glitch” and have it fall through the map, you’d quit too.)

For me a lot of my enjoyment of this game comes from exploring new things: That would be character reworks, new biomes, new mobs, new modes etc...

I also equally enjoy being able to easily get a clean Sweeper and go crazy with my skin collection making my base look pretty.

What I don’t enjoy is slow grind play sessions- I don’t want to for example, spend 4 hours building a boat, to crash it in less then a minute- All of that should be fast paced and fun, if I crash my boat it shouldn’t feel like my 14 day raise Giga just fell through the world mesh.

So the TL:DR- short burst sessions are fine, when I can play longer I usually will, but what I don’t like at all is hours of gameplay lost in seconds.

Depwnds. I like to play for 10 hours nonstop for few days straight, then I take a break (still log for skins) for a bit and start over. Or play for few hours a day regularly. Or play without actually doing anything in the game- just laze around in my established world and kick myself for not doing something like catching fireflies before summer...

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Are an active player or do you need to content to keep yourself playing dst?

I can play Beta version and be happy, the content is just an extra happiness.

42 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t understand the question, are you asking if I have 6+ hours to dedicate to playing? The answer to that is no and in fact: I prefer short burst sessions where I can enjoy myself and feel like I’ve accomplished something within 30 minutes or less.

I absolutely hate long slow boring grinds.. I hate spending HOURS doing something with very little actual benefit, and what’s worse- I hate being able to LOSE Hours worth of progress in a handful of Seconds.

Its why I DON’T play Ark Survival Evolved anymore (you spend 14 real world human days raising something only for the game to “glitch” and have it fall through the map, you’d quit too.)

For me a lot of my enjoyment of this game comes from exploring new things: That would be character reworks, new biomes, new mobs, new modes etc...

I also equally enjoy being able to easily get a clean Sweeper and go crazy with my skin collection making my base look pretty.

What I don’t enjoy is slow grind play sessions- I don’t want to for example, spend 4 hours building a boat, to crash it in less then a minute- All of that should be fast paced and fun, if I crash my boat it shouldn’t feel like my 14 day raise Giga just fell through the world mesh.

So the TL:DR- short burst sessions are fine, when I can play longer I usually will, but what I don’t like at all is hours of gameplay lost in seconds.

Yeah, the enjoyment and in-game problems aside, imagine someone doing a long-time job and their relation with DST! You need to do a lot of stuff Irl after and before work, and by then it's already midnight! Then you can't just casually invest hours making a base / getting ready for a Toadstool fight for example.

I personally enjoy every second of playing DST, even running around and collecting stuff is fun for me, but having to abandon all that mid-way is the bother.

im burnt out of the game myself 

tho i am waiting for that march qol update,sounds pretty cool

i mainly waste all my time on the off topic subforum nowadays(im kinda the only person who's actively there:lol:)

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If what you are doing in 30 minutes is not HOURS of doing something with little benefit, doing HOURS of it does not making long slow boring grinds, your logic is flawed

offtopic, the usual this is why x game is bad/good

Please tell me you know that you can use skins when you craft/build something, you literally do not need the clean sweeper unless, whoops, wrong skin or you're playing multiplayer where different people have different skins (which you obviously are not doing)

if it takes you 4 hours to build a boat and crash it in half a minute, you do not have a good grasp on how to play the game

Are you even getting to winter or are you restarting before you get the chance? If you are playing in short bursts on the same world, hours of gameplay can still be lost although unless (console the mike plays on) has no rollback feature its very hard to lose progress on.

why do you always make some of the coldest takes on the forums

On default settings? No on Shortest possible settings.. sure why not.

to prove a point- Autumn lasts roughly 20 days before winter settles in on Default settings.

Change seasons to Shortest & Autumn only lasts 5 days.

You can experience all four seasons in the 20 days it takes to get to Winter on Default settings.

AKA- Short Burst play Sessions where you can experience more content at a faster rate then if you were playing on standard un-changed game settings.

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

On default settings? No on Shortest possible settings.. sure why not.

to prove a point- Autumn lasts roughly 20 days before winter settles in on Default settings.

Change seasons to Shortest & Autumn only lasts 5 days.

You can experience all four seasons in the 20 days it takes to get to Winter on Default settings.

AKA- Short Burst play Sessions where you can experience more content at a faster rate then if you were playing on standard un-changed game settings.

So this is why you always have such horrible takes, because you arent even playing the game as its intended 

23 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

So this is why you always have such horrible takes, because you arent even playing the game as its intended 

I find it pretty weird to consider non-default world settings "not playing the game as its intended" when the QoL update this month is almost entirely based around non-default world settings. Why would Klei give us the option of changing world settings if we aren't intended to ever actually touch them?

2 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

-snip-

hey man you do know this is a thread about how often you play DST right?

there's not much that you can debate about when its someone's choice how they play the game and how long they play the game

just kinda seems like you wanted to complain about mike

just take a chill pill and listen to some vibe music or go to listen to some soothing rain or something

i play this game almost daily, but usually on modded servers that have certain modes (starving floor, forge, gorge, adventure mode, etc.) 

I don't remember the last time l sat down and played vanilla without getting bored and turned off from playing the game. It's just not really fun to play anymore and the updates to base dst barely do anything to make it interesting for me.

No more- I no longer open dst, but am sticking around the forums

i stick around sometimes to see what people are doing, but hyperfocusing is a thing and once dst is out of mind, its gone for the time being. i racked up 500+ hours and havent played legit in months. 

being said, like half of my time was spent playing the forge mod, as a woodie main i still remember the cancel patterns but am a bit rustier. (with the occassional gorge match in there: sadly, i've forgotten some stuff about gorge despite having played it for ~2 hours straight with people multiple times)

new updates like the farming update sort of make me afraid to play again because i dont have those "vital" items memorized.  and dst is still there in my heart (when i play minecraft i still subconsciously was thinking that torches set things on fire, wetness meter, spoilage time, etc) and i care about the characters.

eventually i'm sure i'll get back in the swing of things. but for now, i am just popping in to the forums

I can't really find myself anywhere because I mostly play because of when my friends are looking to do so. So it depends for each of them :D

Rest of time I'm just here not really playing but modding/testing, that keeps me on the game the most. Then when I'm satisfied I can even go play a solo world. So yeah, lots of settings to just decide when to play or not but I'm sure sticking around.

Archived