How often do you play dst?

poopoo peepee  

153 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play dst?

• Everyday for a few hours- I'm addicted to this game
    • Everyday for a bit- I don't have enough time/I'm satisfied with shorter sessions
    • Every now and then- It's nice but I think I'm starting to get bored
    • No more- I only log in for daily skins
    • No more- I no longer open dst, but am sticking around the forums
    • Update slave- I only arrive to milk the new content dry and then disappear

Update slave and "wish I had more time". Same applies to Griftlands. 

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to finish the four final dungeons of Darkest Dungeon. Really want to tackle Shank 2, but might get back into Oxygen not Included for my tutorial video.

5 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

I find it pretty weird to consider non-default world settings "not playing the game as its intended" when the QoL update this month is almost entirely based around non-default world settings. Why would Klei give us the option of changing world settings if we aren't intended to ever actually touch them?

slightly changing settings doesn't change alot about the game. If you are only playing with 5 day seasons and formulating opinions based on it and making it publicly known that kinda dumb. Like think about of I played on Autumn only and said something like "honestly the thermal stone isn't that good" 

4 hours ago, viberr said:

hey man you do know this is a thread about how often you play DST right?

there's not much that you can debate about when its someone's choice how they play the game and how long they play the game

just kinda seems like you wanted to complain about mike

just take a chill pill and listen to some vibe music or go to listen to some soothing rain or something

If I told you thermal stones were bad when I played in exclusively Autumn do you think that it would make any sense 

I played this game a TON over the summer and fall, Like 500 hours or something, But with that time, came burnout, and I'm just waiting for something big, I try to play it every now and then though, as this game is incredible. But right now I'm just kinda bored with it, Love it, just need time away.

5 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

If I told you thermal stones were bad when I played in exclusively Autumn do you think that it would make any sense 

no, but would i care?

you play the game how you want to play the game and you're entitled to your own opinions so i don't care if you think the thermal stone is bad despite the fact you only play in autumn

1 hour ago, viberr said:

no, but would i care?

you play the game how you want to play the game and you're entitled to your own opinions so i don't care if you think the thermal stone is bad despite the fact you only play in autumn

But what if someone ask if is thermal stone viable and he doesnt stop saying that isnt?

I play atleast a little every day unless im tired so i play other things or do other stuff. Updates makes most of the time come to play again

32 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

But what if someone ask if is thermal stone viable and he doesnt stop saying that isnt?

well everyone else would give their opinion and most probably say that the thermal stone is good

"Every now and then- It's nice but I think I'm starting to get bored" without the bored part. Mostly playing over the weekends or when I have an hour to burn. Sometimes solo in a personal mods-test world, sometimes with a friend or two in their personal servers when our play-schedules overlap. In past was doing Winter-start/Summer-start pub nomad runs for their relative challenge, but after spawn traps became pretty common occurrence on the EU servers I was frequenting, I've ditched them entirely. Updates are fun, but majority of them don't bring much in terms of new mechanics and consistent long-term mandatory content, hence are not a big motivator for myself. Still, are most welcomed in whatever (quality-over-quantity) form they come.

4 hours ago, viberr said:

no, but would i care?

Nobody is entitled to anything, I think that is a bad point of view

1 hour ago, JustCrimson said:

I am not entitled to it, I can be criticized by people who disagree, that's how opinions work

but is it still your opinion?

also i must mention that this is completely off topic so can we please stop?

3 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

It was a hypothetical opinion? I don't play exclusively Autumn and Thermal Stones are not bad?

is that a question?

i don't know 

you left two question marks and i don't know if you want an answer

well whatever your reply is just know that your opinions are great and they're what make you unique(along with a bunch of other stuff like your personality)

21 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

I find it pretty weird to consider non-default world settings "not playing the game as its intended" when the QoL update this month is almost entirely based around non-default world settings. Why would Klei give us the option of changing world settings if we aren't intended to ever actually touch them?

I fully agree with this, I’ve said it before: I’ll say it again, over on Xbox we don’t have Klei official or Dedicated servers- So Every single server that’s hosted is hosted by a Host player- and when that host player leaves the game for whatever reason, bed time, Disconnecting due to bad internet, Etc.. Every player in that server also gets disconnected from that world.

As such: Worlds (On Xbox at least) only last for as long as the host is able to run them, which is why it is nice to be able to get a lot of things accomplished or experience the games content at a faster pace than normal.

With the upcoming QOL being all about players being able to custom tailor their worlds to their own personal preferences: I hope we see more of that in the future.. 

Like maybe each QoL update they can focus on improving this a little more & little more.

I don’t want to stray off topic, so I’m trying a desperate (and probably failed attempt) at getting it back on topic.

I think that since the upcoming QoL is all about improving players QoL with the game (yeah lame pun sorry) that How often a player plays DST: Is determined by how bored/addicted they are with it & how much time they do/do not have to invest into playing.

And the more updates we get to improve that experience for EVERYONE (rather you want 500 day Winters or 5 Day Winters) the happier I will be & more enjoyment I’ll get out of the product Klei has provided Me.

Currently I'm burnt out on DST(and currently addicted to zelda:breath of the wild cause I recently got a switch), but when it comes to games I really tend to be on and off.

I feel like though at some point I'll play DST again, just not now, currently "off" with it right now.

my sessions are irregular and based on my health. if my hands are compliant i can play a couple hours a day every day but if they aren't i can play as little as once or twice a week though in those cases i am more likely to play ds than dst since i do not have to worry someone will want to ask to join me

it is a shame though the poll presupposes that one must be either obsessed or bored with all choices being  being some gradation of the two. i am sure a fair few people have work or familial obligations or health or friends(or even other games) that occupy some of their time and dictate their ability to play to some degree

I oscillate between addiction and just for the daily rewards every few months and have the same thing with other games out of phase that take turns. The last five to ten years I've only cycled between like 5 games. Each taking over the last when I get bored for a few months. 

Speaking of thermal stones, that's the very first thing I used a mod for--because they don't break in singleplayer (which I played first) so it bugs me that they do in Together.  And that's the only acknowledgement I'll make of the big fight we've been having here.

To actually answer the question...I play from time to time, although I do use mods and mess with world settings for fun.  Usually I play alone, because my depression makes it hard for me to make schedules with other people and keep to them--I might not be feeling up to it the next day.  I also worry about disappointing or annoying people with my flakiness.  But I ALSO also play alone because I legit enjoy it--it's still a fun and interesting world/set of mechanics to mess around with, no matter what.

I also have to make sure my cat isn't nearby, because whenever I'm _really_ concentrating on the game...THAT'S when he tends to stand up and tap me on the shoulder. Scared the living daylights out of me more than once. XD  (and yes, "tap"--not with claws! and "on the shoulder". I'm short, I've got my chair low, and he's a tall kitty.)

...Notorious

Warning: They are my opinion and might be deadly wrong for you bc I think same things about world most popular game Minecraft.

I personally love the DST atmosphere, gameplay and artstyle but I think it's lacking about replayability. After beating most of game mechanics, game don't lash you for playing more. You just stuck in game mechanics. I mean you just kill a boss to get materials that makes your gameplay slightly easier. You don't have to specially do something or you don't have to kill somebody to survive anymore. World don't evolve with you. You get stronger time by time and after a time, all game mechanics becomes small annoying details.

4 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Warning: They are my opinion and might be deadly wrong for you bc I think same things about world most popular game Minecraft.

I personally love the DST atmosphere, gameplay and artstyle but I think it's lacking about replayability. After beating most of game mechanics, game don't lash you for playing more. You just stuck in game mechanics. I mean you just kill a boss to get materials that makes your gameplay slightly easier. You don't have to specially do something or you don't have to kill somebody to survive anymore. World don't evolve with you. You get stronger time by time and after a time, all game mechanics becomes small annoying details.

I don't see how that is wrong. You're pretty correct

it's no concidence forge and gorge were so popular, after all.

Archived