[Game Update] - 444834

• Developer

Hello all!

A bunch of crash fixes, as well as some worldgen fixes in today's patch. Enjoy!

• Remove two unrevealed tiles from the cool salt water geyser POI
  • Add sound to Plug Slugs
  • Got rid of some unnecessary tag animation for Plug Slugs
  • Clicking the "New printables!" notification selects each printer/pod in turn, rather than directly opening the printing screen. This was causing things to be printed on the starting colony regardless of where the player was
  • Having an inactive Porta Pod on another planetoid no longer halts the Printing Pod's progress
  • Rovers can't use massage tables, they are only for squishy things
  • Fix crash if a Duplicant dies while warping. Now they'll just fall out
  • Fix crash where some cluster generations were getting invalid planetoid locations
  • Updated Chinese strings
  • Fix crash when placing buildings out-of-bounds
  • Fix crash when there is an active errand in a rocket on rocket destruction
  • Renamed "High Velocity Payload" to "Interplanetary Payload"
  • Clarified Sublimation Station description based on its current function
  • Swapped out more placeholder strings
  • Fix surface fog-of-war on all worlds
  • Idle diagnostic is now muted by default
  • Diagnostic pin/mute settings are now preserved through save/load
  • Fixed line rendering issues in several UI screens
  • Increased collision box of Bog Jelly
  • Fix crash when opening the patch notes
  • Add another exclusive trait pair, "Beside Manner" and "Unempathetic"
  • Fixed possible crash when deconstructing habitat module
  • Fixed issue where worlds in some seeds spawned with only one or two biome types
  • Added Porta-Pod, Payload Emptyer, and Rocket Control Station to the tech tree
  • Reverted some accidental font changes in minion/care package select panels
  • Swapped the artwork of the gas and solid ports on the Payload Emptier
  • Fix dark colorstyle intended for load screen
  • Add icons to the load game details screen
  • Allow rockets to travel the final tile when they have exactly enough fuel left, rather than them being stranded with 1 tile range remaining
  • Increased the mob density of many creatures and plants across the cluster planets.
  • Added a "crust" to several worlds to prevent upper biomes leaking into space.
  • Moved outer ring planets in SwampStartCluster.yaml to rings 5 & 6 so they will be accessible until we add later tech rocket engines
  • Updated rocket port building descriptions
  • Show an icon/tooltip on a Spaced Out save
  • Colonies from the wrong version of the game are shown disabled in the load screen.

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9
  • Big Ups 1

25 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Add another exclusive trait pair, "Beside Manner" and "Unempathetic"

I've ran into multiple traits that clash, especially building. Had a couple of dupes that had +18 construction and with the inability to construct -.-

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Clicking the "New printables!" notification selects each printer/pod in turn, rather than directly opening the printing screen. This was causing things to be printed on the starting colony regardless of where the player was

Not only the starting world... I managed to print a dupe in a planetoid I abbandoned! 

20 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Rovers can't use massage tables, they are only for squishy things

Lol.. But can they still reborn with a dead battery after loading a save? 

21 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Diagnostic pin/mute settings are now preserved through save/load

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Moved outer ring planets in SwampStartCluster.yaml to rings 5 & 6 so they will be accessible until we add later tech rocket engines

:applause:

28 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix crash when there is an active errand in a rocket on rocket destruction

I am still able to crash the game by deconstructing a nose cone. Just build the nose cone and deconstruct it immediately. No active tasks inside it. Reloading between building and deconstructing a nosecone does something and doesnt crash the game

6 minutes ago, Gardibard said:

I've ran into multiple traits that clash, especially building. Had a couple of dupes that had +18 construction and with the inability to construct -.-

Unconstructive or Building impaired? Because "unconstructive" usually doesn't happen with an interest in building.

As for "building impaired" though... here is your answer (from a fixed bug report)

On 12/9/2020 at 10:35 PM, jambell said:

A duplicant can be interested in something but not be particularly good at it. An interest in a job doesn't guarantee their ability in that job, just guarantees that they will enjoy learning about it.

It's not a bug. Dupes are not perfect! XD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sakura_sk said:

Unconstructive or Building impaired? Because "unconstructive" usually doesn't happen with an interest in building.

As for "building impaired" though... here is your answer (from a fixed bug report)

It's not a bug. Dupes are not perfect! XD

I wish I had taken a screenshot, but I've had multiple times where they have a huge increase to a stat and they will have the negative making impossible for them to do that task. If I have it pop up again I'll post a screenshot.

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Moved outer ring planets in SwampStartCluster.yaml to rings 5 & 6 so they will be accessible until we add later tech rocket engines

What is outer ring?
I have generated worlds, and it seems to me that 4,5,6 planets are also inaccessible. We just won't be able to see them.

SWMP-C-1583925221-0
SWMP-C-442176298-0

20201211050442_1.jpg

20201211050613_1.jpg

Edited by Alexandr Block

seed gen changed, I think i will try the number for Luxury Cosmos, for luck. i was at CY15, it was a nice seed. But they upped the natural bog plants, from what it says, and what it looked after rerolling my current map. GL all! seed hunting!

critter spawns are better as well, pacu not all in one tank. and a couple extra plug slugs... along with better odds of bog plants

no love in the cold biomes yet. Maybe extra algae in the caustic? looks it

Anyone have pictures of the new 'crust'?

Edited by Slvrsrfr

• Rovers can't use massage tables, they are only for squishy things

What, and here I thought the little box of bolts was a full-fledged member of the colony! Hehehehehehe....

• Added a "crust" to several worlds to prevent upper biomes leaking into space.

Excellent. 

Edited by Gurgel

I just rolled two maps and neither one hasactual geysers on other planets. The neutronium spawns, but there are no oil wells, no geysers, no volcanos. There are also no critters or plants on other planets. And there is no longer a ruin around the teleporter  EDIT: turns it was an issue with debug mode

I also noticed again that the most glaring issue is the completely broken abyssalite generation. It cooks entire biomes. First off the entire upper layer is hot and immediately leaks heat. Second, due to the smaller maps there are almost guaranteed conflicts with POIs/features spawning and breaking the barrier. Something needs to be done about that

Edited by Steve8
  • Like 1

I started a new game with my pre-update seed and looked for any obvious differences in sandbox mode. I observe the following.

1) The following biomes on the first two planetoids now have buried plant seeds rust, jungle, and ocean. All you folks that were worried about your nosh bean farms can rest easier now. 

2) The warp planetoid rust biome now has many more squeaky pufts spawned at the start. My old lucky drecko is gone but I am not sure if it is gone from all other map seeds now. This requires testing. 

3) The third planetoid now has a CO2 geyser.