Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 444834

Steve8    289
9 minutes ago, Alexandr Block said:

@Steve8 This is a visual (?) bug. Reveal the map, disable debugging and switch between asteroids. 

Ah that was weird. Toggling debug mode once seems to have fixed it. It didn't do that before

• Like 1

hegemontree    34
3 hours ago, Steve8 said:

I also noticed again that the most glaring issue is the completely broken abyssalite generation. It cooks entire biomes. First off the entire upper layer is hot and immediately leaks heat. Second, due to the smaller maps there are almost guaranteed conflicts with POIs/features spawning and breaking the barrier. Something needs to be done about that

I actually like this "feature".  My current seed's oil biome (the only source) was exposed to magma.  It was a disaster that provided a nice challenge.  I only managed to save half the oil from becoming sour gas.  It's nice to have this source of urgency otherwise I AFK while my dupes train their skills and stockpile food and refined resources.

Steve8    289

It's not just the oil biome though. You kind of expect that to be hot and for the materials there to be hot. And it can warm up for a bit without anything too horrible happening. On the slime planet you have cooler biomes at the bottom however. So there is water that instantly turns to steam. A cooked organic stuff.

misotoma    33
6 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Because "unconstructive" usually doesn't happen with an interest in building.

Are we sure about that? because sometimes you have researching, rocketry, suit wearing yokels out there.. which makes no sense.

cpy    497

Diagnostic pin/mute settings are now preserved through save/load :

Confirmed NOT WORKING! Food and stress appear again after loading save even though I disabled both.

• Like 1

sakura_sk    1080

6 hours ago, misotoma said:

Are we sure about that? because sometimes you have researching, rocketry, suit wearing yokels out there.. which makes no sense.

I have even seen an unconstructive mechatronics engineer... Which is sad but seems to be intended. Interests leading to two branches of skills tree don't seem to exclude negative trait to the other branch (at least not yet?) or unconstructive mech.engineer/artist. But not unconstructive builder or trypophobia digger (there was a bug fix in vanilla for pacifist digger printed as doctor XD). I'm not sure what next updates will bring/change though. We'll see :D

I'm currently watching a snoring dupe sleeping under light (and maybe nyctophobic causing the "snoring friend" debuff? Haven't tested that yet for sure XD)

Spoiler

390856031_loudsleeperlight2.JPG.4b1891523a79842b2c600e7104e42231.JPG

Edit: This below! This unconstructive is saaad.... T_T

Spoiler

Joshua will never live up to his full potential ...

sad.JPG.c3b57d98268afd5e314bda79136e9355.JPG

Edited by sakura_sk

Jorsh7    0

Fix surface fog-of-war on all worlds Guessing this doesn't fix existing worlds? Still can't land my rover on the second planet since it's blackscreen.. Is my save borked?

pnegro28    0

Moved outer ring planets in SwampStartCluster.yaml to rings 5 & 6 so they will be accessible until we add later tech rocket engines

How to find planets 4,5,6 if we created worlds before update 444834?

image.thumb.png.820e0afef34b386310af7b942335956a.png

I used telescopes to fully explored starmap.

image.thumb.png.0fc824d7edda3d257b1b0302c2ac72be.png

Is cartographic module coming in old save?

Do i need to start new game?

Sasza22    3335
4 hours ago, pnegro28 said:

Do i need to start new game?

You probably need to start a new game for the outer asteroids to be generated closer.