[Game Update] - 443039

• Developer

Reap what you Sow Beta Hotfix

Applied Horticulture
We initially reduced the effects of Applied Horticulture to be more suited for the farming rework, however after your feedback, we re-evaluated it's effect on long term base builders and end-game players. In response, we have decided to republish Applied Horticulture as two separate books. The fist book, Applied Silviculture will cover your basic resource needs while the second book, Horticulture, Abridged, will grow all things edible. Judging by their covers, they look like a good read.

Changes

• Wes can no longer talk to plants
  • The Premier Gardeneer Hat’s screen overlay is now slightly transparent.
  • The Gardeneer Hats now provide a touch of protection from the summer heat
  • Added a healing over time buff to the Compost Wrap
  • Increased the compost nutrient value of the Compost Wrap
  • All crops are safe from wildfires while the soil is wet.
  • Added Terra Firma Tamper sounds.
  • Replaced Applied Horticulture with Applied Silviculture and Horticulture, Abridged. (Character strings are still being implemented)

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash when farm plants or weeds are burnt
  • Fixed wormwood being unable to fertilize/heal himself while wearing the Gardeneer Hat (This should also fix any other weirdness regarding the hat and actions.)
  • Renamed the Luxury Garden Hoe to Splendid Garden Hoe
  • Fixed the new seeds not being burnable.

View full update

• Like 40
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 4
  • Hunger 1
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 4
  • Potato Cup 1

9 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Renamed the Luxury Garden Hoe to Splendid Garden Hoe

:wilson_goodjob: Perfect! Was going to say it can't have the same name as the Ax!

Also, I have not tested it yet, but does Wormwood's Bramble Husk protect against the weed thorns? If not I think it should. A small perk for thinking about as you guys find ways to balance Wormwood.

Edited by X-lem
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Applied Horticulture
We initially reduced the effects of Applied Horticulture to be more suited for the farming rework, however after your feedback, we re-evaluated it's effect on long term base builders and end-game players. In response, we have decided to republish Applied Horticulture as two separate books. The fist book, Applied Silviculture will cover your basic resource needs while the second book, Horticulture, Abridged, will grow all things edible. Judging by their covers, they look like a good read.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Much needed change. I understand the original intention and agreed with part of it, "The old Applied Horticulture shouldn't affect food, since it was the only thing that really justified the usage of the old farming system. It'd be way too strong now." (Paraphrased based on speculation.) This is the perfect compromise that I was hoping for.

896220886_AllHailAppliedSilviculture.png.128d3597895aa05c63519ecfbef543cc.png

ALL HAIL APPLIED SILVICULTURE. ALL PRAISE THE GOOD BOOK!

Edited by KCDA
  • Like 11

• Compost Wrap now heals 30 health + 15 health over time
  • Horticulture, Abridged requires 2x Papyrus, 5x Seeds, 5x Manure and grows only a total of 10x berry bushes, stone fruit bushes, crops, etc.
  • Applied Silviculture requires 2x Papyrus, 1x Living Log and grows whatever Horticulture, Abridged doesn't make grow (amount of growable plants is not limited)

Edited by Viktor234
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Applied Horticulture

I cannot thank you enough for reevaluating this. Resources are key to megabases, and the old-new book simply didn't cut it. I really appreciate the change!

For anyone wondering, the new book is 2 papyrus and 1 living log. While it does make it a bit more difficult to get then the original applied horticulture, it's certainly feasible, and I don't mind grinding it.

Edited by Maxil20
spelling skills: -2
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • GL Happy 1

34 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Applied Horticulture

Yay that's pretty much exactly what I was saying on the forums a few days ago, great to see you guys are listening to community

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes

• Added a healing over time buff to the Compost Wrap
  • Added Terra Firma Tamper sounds.
  • Replaced Applied Horticulture with Applied Silviculture and Horticulture, Abridged. (Character strings are still being implemented)

Thank you for all these 3 lines. Really awesome changes, specially the book of-course. Stone Bushes for stone farm will be missed for sure, but i understand its the best comprise possible.

35 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Renamed the Luxury Garden Hoe to Splendid Garden Hoe

I promisse next time i will not make jokes.

Thank you Klei Dev Team, can't wait for this patch to go live!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Man, so many things to catch up on this week! Looking forward to testing out the base stuff + all the changes.

But like everyone else is saying, ty for listening about the applied horticulture change and finding a middle ground that works for everyone! You guys really are the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Replaced Applied Horticulture with Applied Silviculture and Horticulture, Abridged. (Character strings are still being implemented)

Hey that's how I suggested it! It makes me happy. Although your name for the second book sounds better than mine's :D

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • GL Happy 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Wormwood should be able to use growth formula on himself to get bloom! Or an increased farming speed. Picking/planting crops!

Yes! PLEASE! The new buffs are good, but even so when you have self-sustein, your compost in plants is useless. And speaking faster is not necessary when you have the fly that does it for you. He still needs changes ...

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1