[Game Update] - 443039

15 minutes ago, Gabovisk said:

Yes, I am looking forward to new changes. I love Klei for always listening to our feedback.

yes!They are the best group of developers;) They said that they need community players to give feedback and bug reports on the content. We can help them find ways to improve faster. We work with the developers of Klei to make the game better and better. That’s why I love this community.

Edited by Pikapikap
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

After killing one treeguard I'll have 6 living logs, how many resources can one gather with 6 Applied Silviculture books?

It depends on how big the resources you build. 

Edited by Pikapikap

Not really a fan of the farming rework as a whole, but since it doesn't seem like you are going to back it out, here goes the suggestion you might read and consider. There's no improved version of farmsoil at the moment, so perhaps lord of the fruit flies would drop a rare blueprint for structure to make one? In improved farm soil grown plants won't spoil and won't count towards spawning the lord, soil itself won't require hoeing each time to plant OR plants will stay after harvest instead of giving seeds in addition to vegetables (like weeds).

Edited by shadowDigga

1 minute ago, Pikapikap said:

It depends on how big the resources you build.

I wonder how many saplings,grass tufts and trees I can fit in one screen and what happens when I use the Silviculture book 30 times - 6 entire books.
I'm also curious about what they plan to do for her refresh, doesn't seem like she is needing anything.

2 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

I wonder how many saplings,grass tufts and trees I can fit in one screen and what happens when I use the Silviculture book 30 times - 6 entire books.
I'm also curious about what they plan to do for her refresh, doesn't seem like she is needing anything.

Time will bring the answer

• Potato Cup 1

Wow this is.. this is nice, kinda confused why Wicker is getting Nerfs, buffs and new books but no official rework yet- but hey as long as there’s still an official rework and animated short coming for her later I’m good.

Thanks Klei! Now to patiently await all this update goodness for Console :) 

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wow this is.. this is nice, kinda confused why Wicker is getting Nerfs, buffs and new books but no official rework yet- but hey as long as there’s still an official rework and animated short coming for her later I’m good.

Well, Klei devs knew what would happen if they kept Wicker the same, so they nerfed her. Then a sodium-and-sardine-packed mob showed up. So they had to scale it back.

People get angry when you don't fix a broken feature, people still get angry if you fix the broken feature. There's no win-win situation where everyone IS satisfied. That and having a mob at your non-existent door can get pretty overwhelming.

Edited by ZeeDragon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

Thank you Scott, the changes to Horticulture are almost what I suggested in the first topic except for not effecting Stone fruits bushes anymore. I will probably miss my lunar Island based stonefruit lureplant farm but I can just stock up on stones before retrofitting will apply to my long term world once Reap and Sow leaves beta.

Could you please tell us how retrofitting will effect already existing Applied Horticulture books?

Will they continue to work like the old unnerfed Horticulture but be uncraftable when old stock is eventually gone?

Or will they gain the effect of Horticulture Abriged instead?

Or will they just get deleted / replaced to have no effect at all?

Or something else?

I'd like to plan ahead for this change.

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Reap what you Sow Beta Hotfix

Applied Horticulture
We initially reduced the effects of Applied Horticulture to be more suited for the farming rework, however after your feedback, we re-evaluated it's effect on long term base builders and end-game players. In response, we have decided to republish Applied Horticulture as two separate books. The fist book, Applied Silviculture will cover your basic resource needs while the second book, Horticulture, Abridged, will grow all things edible. Judging by their covers, they look like a good read.

Changes

• Wes can no longer talk to plants
  • The Premier Gardeneer Hat’s screen overlay is now slightly transparent.
  • The Gardeneer Hats now provide a touch of protection from the summer heat
  • Added a healing over time buff to the Compost Wrap
  • Increased the compost nutrient value of the Compost Wrap
  • All crops are safe from wildfires while the soil is wet.
  • Added Terra Firma Tamper sounds.
  • Replaced Applied Horticulture with Applied Silviculture and Horticulture, Abridged. (Character strings are still being implemented)

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash when farm plants or weeds are burnt
  • Fixed wormwood being unable to fertilize/heal himself while wearing the Gardeneer Hat (This should also fix any other weirdness regarding the hat and actions.)
  • Renamed the Luxury Garden Hoe to Splendid Garden Hoe
  • Fixed the new seeds not being burnable.

View full update

Nice update now but the new tillweed salve looks really underwhelming given a single butterfly wing heals for 8, honey poultice for 30 and now compost wrap heals for 45. I was thinking wormwood be a use case for that item, but that no longer is the case.

What is the need for such a item given the overwhelming healing of food items. I think the item should have some other effect.

Edited by ansuman
  • Like 4

Thank you so much Klei! You guys are the best. Thank you for listening and taking action.

Super happy with the split of the book and the new cost for Silviculture. I am sure this will work very well in a large community server.

Excellent changes all around. Now I actually look forward to the beta becoming official.

Hmm, Applied Silviculture definitely sounds too cheap for what it does and basically returns us back to square one in my seemingly unpopular opinion. Of course considering mega basers is good and it should maintain its OP power if that's what is required to keep people satisfied with Wickerbottom's gameplay but at least the recipe should be changed in my opinion it doesn't even look like a book with this recipe since it doesn't require 3 materials like all other books.

My suggestion is to make it require at least two living logs and an additional relevant material like some guano or nitre. Killing one treeguard before first winter equating to six publishes of a book that grows all resources and has multiple uses is still too much for the game balance. Anyone wanting to megabase won't have a problem with getting more living logs and materials since hording incredible amounts of materials is the gist of mega basing, but buffing up the recipe would help match the value of the book.

In fact, if it was up to me, I'd make the third material a rarer resource like Salt, Thulecite, Moonglass, Barnacles, Phlegm, Sand Stone or Ambrossia to accurately reflect the power of what the book does but it seems Klei prefers to keep the book obtainable rather quickly for any level of play. In that case, I still vehemently propose that it requires at least one more living log and some additional 3rd material like Nitre or Guano to at least resemble a book, matching the recipe scheme of other books.

• Like 5

The new book covers are so pretty! Perfect change! :apple:1790614519_Schermafbeelding2020-12-01om09_19_52.thumb.png.d71d90f69f1a0235a7e42e8503d6afbc.png

Compost Wraps having a small heal over time now is nice! (i remember suggesting this a while ago :love_heart:).

• i think it might be more interesting to make the HoT more pronounced at the cost of the direct heal. Something like 20+30. Since you shouldnt really risk using the wrap in combat with its long animation, a bigger HoT would further differentiate it from healing salves/poultice and add unique use-cases for it. 

Looking very much forward to whatever else you guys have in store for him. 

As others have said making the super growth formula trigger Blooming would be so neat! (now it heals him for a total of 30 hp: 5x6, just another source of healing feels maybe a bit like a wasted opportunity, especially since compost wraps should be a lot more worthwhile to make now) 

4 hours ago, ansuman said:

I was thinking wormwood be a use case for that item, but that no longer is the case.

Yeah my thoughts also immediately went to the Tillweed Salve, at first i thought this shouldve been a Wormwood exclusive craft in his Green Thumb tab, because it even looks like something he would make, it looks very similar to the compost wrap.

1281493413_Schermafbeelding2020-12-01om09_51_46.png.456f92767976bfb9dff6c1b2edb27ca5.png

But now it wouldnt make much sense for him to have 2 heal over time items. Im still a proponent of making it a Wormwood exclusive and changing the effect or something. 

Edited by Ohan
Added bigger HoT suggestion
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, MMR said:

Do you have any plan to add sprinkler?

sprinkler is already in hamlet and it's hard to grow many crops with just watering can

Here is a secret. They are keeping it for Wagstaff ;)