[Game Update] - 443039

Having fun farming the new crops! I got a question though

Will there be a sprinkler in the future? It'd be nice to just have to have some more automated options so solo players/smaller groups can still have more opportunities to go do other things

Edited by najacrew
  • Big Ups 1

23 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Care to fill us in on what that is? :P

When he's near planted seeds/crops in the forge, they'd grow faster, take longer to rot and he'd blood. 

There was also this really cool visual effect of like, green magic around the crops.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

When he's near planted seeds/crops in the forge, they'd grow faster, take longer to rot and he'd blood. 

There was also this really cool visual effect of like, green magic around the crops.

This is Wormwoods perk from the ReGorgeitated mod, not an official perk. Wormwood didnt exist when the Gorge was initially released.

• Like 5

On 12/1/2020 at 9:14 AM, ScottHansen said:

Wes can no longer talk to plants

I can only imagine Charlie, sitting on the nightmare throne, magnanimously watching the survivors fiddle with the new farm, then saw Wes chatting away with a plant and she goes " Wait, that's illegal" 

• Haha 2
  • GL Happy 1

10 hours ago, Glowy Squiddy said:

The change to Horticulture is useless. It shouldn't be a thing.

The change to Horticulture is good,now at least people can complain less about one character feeding 10 players, which was valid. Silviculture is everything we need, especially in late game.

If you are having trouble gathering living logs, try switching to wormwood once you have stacked up on jellybeans from farming bee queen, you can get a good amount of living logs like this.

There's another option, after like 71 days, Poison Birchnut trees spawn rate in autumn is 16.8% so only in this season is it worth farming them on large scale. You can befriend pigs but i don't do this, i use weather pains. Drop rate is 1-2 living logs and you can dig it up for 1 more, on average 2.2 living logs and 20% chance of nightmare fuel.

Using weather pain may sound expensive but it kills poison birchnut trees in one use and you are supposed to deconstruct it when it is at 7% you'll get gear, volt goat horn and a down feather, so you'll only need 9 down feathers to construct it again. Each weather pain should get you like 30 living logs using this method.

Silviculture book has no range so with good positioning you can get too many resources, 1 book can probably give you enough grass/twigs for over an ingame year worth depending on how you use it.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

There's another option, after like 71 days, Poison Birchnut trees spawn rate in autumn is 16.8% so only in this season is it worth farming them on large scale. You can befriend pigs but i don't do this, i use weather pains...

You can also take Bearger on a trip, as he's just as effective and doesn't cost you any resources