Sprinkler for farms

24 minutes ago, stranger again said:

but they only said one concept tho 

I should have be more clear, but I was saying I wouldn't mind if the sprinkler had to be fuelled with water like OP suggest, or basic fuel like Hamlet's sprinkler... but yeah thulecite tier upgrade's a good idea too, the ancients certainly had some epic gardening stuff

Honestly, I'm fine with the watering as it is. Like, sure, sprinkler sounds fun and all, but once you figure out farming, watering is the only part of it that cannot be reliably automated (though spring rains come pretty close). And even that is a pretty small time investment.

Fools, real gamers would place a dwarf star and a burnable item at the center of each farm plot tile near the ocean and have spittlefish water the farm plots by shooting projectiles at smoldering items for automated watering

Spoiler

/s, I'm just joking of course. I think sprinklers would be great! Having to water several plots of farm soil can get a bit tedious i imagine.

heck yes. I think the one thing keeping a farm from being manual-labor-free is the watering can. Lots of crops need water, and if you take that trip to ruins or w/e, it feels bad coming back to see dry crops.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:52 AM, ADM said:

That's be very cool, I really liked Hamlet's Sprinkler with its connection to water, all it needed was fuel, I'm fine with the watering can type as well, both are good concepts.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Sprinkler

Perfect

If sprinkler would be denied by Klei then I would also like to suggest a weaker alternative: A player powered water pump

Get the player to pump and it will water nearby tiles to their max level. It would definitely be faster than watering them with a can one by one. Maybe it would have a radius of three tiles (six tiles diameter)

Idk if a sprinkler is necessary i think it would look cluttered. 

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Is it really that slow to water each tile once per stage?

+1 

if you have giant farms maybe hold out for the DST equivalent of Dripple Pipes instead 

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Maybe it could be a unique structure for winona

yes

(or  it can be given to wagstaff?)

but yes winona needs another thing to make her special (if i had to give my full opinion i would make it to where only winona can refuel the sprinkler so people don't just swap to her make the sprinkler and then swap back to whoever they were playing.they would actually have to stay as winona to use the sprinkler)

6 hours ago, pedregales said:

EDIT: does the fling-o-matic wet the fertile soil naturally?

No. As far as I gather Fling-o-matic has no interactions with new farms and moreover crops don't wither and become grass like they do now in Summer. The only -sorta- interaction I found is that it has an annoying tendency to get the Friendly Fruitfly frozen, who doesn't even have a proper freezing animation and sorta stays in place like a stopped frame for a few seconds.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

image.png.1a46460d1a636719ab161ee28ebaa0b4.pngThe devs could reuse this.

Yes! And a little searching game around the world, like in singleplayer. Extra  music discs (except one for those who dont like to sail) could be hidden in some sunken chests and eventually excess could be given to merm/pig kings.

Archived