Are people that don't use backpacks weirdos?

everyone here does know that the question isnt do you use backpacks?the question is are people who dont use backpacks weirdos?and from what it seems this thread has just become people saying if they use backpacks or not which in reality is considered off topic sooooooooo im reporting all of you (except the people who did answer the question also yes this reply is partly a joke to tell people to answer the question the OP is asking)

Yes. They are the weirdest people in the world and I don't understand how nature could allow to survive creatures like that. I guess it only shows how unpredictable and cruel this world really is, to have people like that exist on the same plane as we. 

Forgive but I have to go comfort my backpacks and backpack skins. I think they're crying. 

the use of backpacks mostly depends on how you play the game. If you are a builder, or a looter (ruins rusher) then you will want a backpack or krampus sack to store everything. But if all you do is go around fighting stuff, then you'll want armour.

Or if you are like me and only sail the oceans on boats, then you probably have chests on said boats and dont need a backpack and would rather use a belt of hunger or hibearnation vest to not have to eat as much

I always use backpacks (thanks to hoarding), though it's also somewhat of a safety measure to prevent certain stuff from disappearing if I die ingame. Resources like flint/rocks/gold etc. can be easily taken by moleworms if dropped, and meat/veggies can also be eaten by mobs. That's where I use backpacks to store basic resources/rare items in case of death, and saves time to pick up the dropped items.

Nah, you are definitely not weird. In the end, it's a video game and it's a matter of preference; however, I feel like wearing a backpack and just storing armor in the backpack until you need it is the most efficient way to go about it.

11 hours ago, Kur0u said:

1753793182_Storagemanagement0.thumb.png.bb8be5edac55f433e79bd33701ead75e.png

> Whatever else. Fite me.

I can never live without a backpack.

After clearing the ruins i think it isnt worth spending a slot on flint, that can easily be replaced by gold, and you dont really use stone outside of your base

People who do not use backpacks are the most powerful of them all.

To not have a backpack and not suffer from it requires good inventory management and planning so that you don’t waste space bringing unnecessary items to whatever task you end up doing.

So no. People who do not use backpacks are not weirdos.

I mean play however you like. In pubs you better greedily hold on to stuff or Wilson in a skirt will hoard everything until dinnertime. Kiss your mandrakes goodbye.

But as someone who usually play alone, backpack remain on the ground until I need stuff.

I rarely find much of a reason to drop the backpack. Winter Hat/Beefalo Hat/Tam o Shanter + Thermal Stone are enough for winter, with some occasional tree burning. Eyebrella is enough for spring. Eyebrella + Thermal Stone is enough for summer, if you are spending it on the surface.

I might drop it to put on body armor or a magiluminescence, but those are items I can just carry in the backpack and switch to as needed.

But most importantly, the Insulated Pack is just too good to let go. Not only does it double spoilage time for your food, but its synergies allow it to function as a near-infinite light source (Bulbous Lightbugs) and as the single best winter/summer "clothing" you can find (Scorching Sunfish/Ice Bream).

Very recently I've stopped using backpacks that often on boats, namely due to the fact I can keep all my important stuff on the boat if I'm doing a long boat trip.

Usually on land though I tend to use a backpack alot, but I also like not staying in one place all the time.

I really like using the hibearnation vest on boats due to its sanity benefit, helps keeping wavey at bay.

5 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

Very recently I've stopped using backpacks that often on boats, namely due to the fact I can keep all my important stuff on the boat if I'm doing a long boat trip.

Usually on land though I tend to use a backpack alot, but I also like not staying in one place all the time.

I really like using the hibearnation vest on boats due to its sanity benefit, helps keeping wavey at bay.

bearger vest also slows down hunger

Not sure why you would not wear a backpack when helmets are a thing . I just rotate between Tam o shanter and helmets depending on sanity or protection needs. I also usually just keep a log suit in the inventory for max protection if needed . 

But like you said , at least you make use of seasonal clothes like , raincoat , summer frest , etc. 

Do whatever your mojo fancies, OP. If you want to have smaller inventory for the bon of body-slot perks like permanent armor or thermal insulation & sanity, go for it. But yes, do know you're in a minority and that's ok. Sure you can see it as an elitist "I'm very good at inventory management" point, yet truth of matter is you're still at least 7 inventory slots down for moderate-at-best pluses - that can easily be substituted with food & head slot items, ones far superior by any metric. There's a reason "meta" is what it is: efficiency. Since being 7 to 13 inventory slots down is quite inefficient, more so when you can drop Backpack/Piggyback/Insulated Pack//Krampus Sack for a body-armor at any needy moment. Not to mention Head Armor is a thing, quite prevalent one.

Archived