Are people that don't use backpacks weirdos?

1 hour ago, themightyone said:

Not sure why you would not wear a backpack when helmets are a thing . I just rotate between Tam o shanter and helmets depending on sanity or protection needs. I also usually just keep a log suit in the inventory for max protection if needed . 

But like you said , at least you make use of seasonal clothes like , raincoat , summer frest , etc. 

Honestly when boating I feel backpacks are less of a neccessity considering you're taking your storage(and all the items you'd have in a backpack) with you on your boat either with it sitting on the boat or in a chest on the boat.

Also being able to use the bearger vest or a rain coat while using a helmet has been nice, saving on my eyebrella or tamo for when I'm on land again.

I have to over prepare for the unexpected so I’m juggling all the things I need per season, per occasion always inside my inventory, along with the foods/healing/resources I need: In this particular case: anyone who DOESN’T use a Backpack full of everything they need will likely be dead by the end of that game day.

On default game settings I suppose I could get by not needing a backpack, because I know exactly when to prepare for what- but when you ditch default settings you have to always be over prepared or suffer.

Certain things need to always be kept on you at ALL times- Like Umbrella/Eyebrella for random spring rains, Winter/Beefalo hat or Bearger vest for random snow flurries, Top Hat/Tam’O for Sanity, A Thermal Stone, Materials to create a Campfire or Endo fire/ Firepit when needed, Light source of some type- Torch/Lantern/Miners Hat + the occasional bulb to fuel them, it also doesn’t hurt to carrying Sewing Kits around to repair these items when they start to wear down (the ones that can be repaired not ALL of them)

so I guess to answer the OP’s question: it depends entirely upon how you have your world set up, on default I’m sure you can predict when you’ll need X item, but mess with any other setting- and your gonna really wish you brought that backpack or a boat full of storage chests to prepare for every possible occasion that can randomly occur-

Including but not just limited to: Constant Deerclops & Beargers always getting in your business.

So again: Theres Football/Battle Helms/Body Armor & Weapons needed to deal with it should they decide to barge in and say Hi uninvited.

Archived