What Would You Want Out of The Next Portal Event?

("Portal Events" is what we're calling Forge/Gorge, right?)

I know Klei have said they're not doing one of these for a good long time, presumably due to needing plenty of time to find another "-orge" word. Mods have been used to run the previous events and that's well and good, but considering these events seem to be where DST's plot currently is they've got to have a few more in the works.

Given the difference between the Forge and Gorge there isn't a set style for these, other than being a striking difference from ordinary gameplay while still fitting into the game thematically. The Forge gives each character fighting game abilities for example, and the Gorge is focused entirely on cooking.

What would you want out of a new Portal Event?

Personally I want a DND-themed event with nerdy fantasy-themed prizes. Maybe the server dice roll mechanic could actually effect things, and everything in the universe of this portal could be pretty obviously be fake. On a giant tabletop board with the citizens and involved monsters being either cardboard standees or plastic figures, with only the survivors and exclusive equipment standing out comparatively by being real.)

These events- were noted by Klei to not be worth the development costs they put into providing them, at Most they were a fun side experiment that Klei got to toy around with, but.. those events having limited time frames and having to go under certification process for Console gamers left much to be desired..

I think Gorge Content was only on consoles for about a week or two before being pulled, meanwhile the Forge has never been live on Console at all.. 

Klei instead choose to shift focus elsewhere by providing us with permanent content that will always be part of the game with Return of Them Updates, Character Reworks, Quality of Life Updates, & New Characters.

I prefer more permanent content over content that will only be in the game for a limited time only and then pulled to (mostly likely) never be seen again.

They could provide content that was part of those limited events as core permanent gameplay someday (such as adding an island location that adds forge mobs) But as far as limited time events go- I think that the only ones that Klei still plan to do are the Holiday Events

Namely Hallowed Nights (October) Wintersfeast (December) and Lunar New Year/Year of the- (January) 

But.. I do not work at Klei and only Klei staff knows what they have planned on their schedule, but personally speaking- I would much rather have permanent content, instead of limited ones like Gorge & Forge.

On a Side Note... and completely off-topic:

Spoiler

it feels Darn good to finally have my power and cable restored after being down due to the Hurricane knocking a tree down in my yard killing the power wires to my house (Haha Just my luck right?) I had to creatively place flashlights inside a glass cup to create a makeshift lantern to survive my two dark days.. heh, I guess Charlie had my world set to Lights Out Mode for a bit guys.. xD

97EF2DDD-9C4E-4241-BADA-95534BFA54D4.thumb.png.769498cee81e3718cd00b38930623913.pngD8F549A6-416A-46BB-A0BF-A033A6306B53.thumb.png.e89c970a28fd1874dbe44d9659489b36.pngCE365F9C-931E-47DD-95E7-C6F6AF2DABB9.thumb.png.50be9d02e9b5716f1ae7ac99aa3021bd.png

1 hour ago, Karmattack said:

Was there something that showed how they got from the Gorge's portal back to the main Constant leading up to Return of Them?

I mean obviously it happened but I don't recall anything connecting the events.

No not really, the story was just dropped. All the characters from those events cease to exist.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, Blue Moth said:

I think it would be something sanity-based, since the forge was health and the gorge was hunger.

how blue moth said, sanity based
also did you noticed that every of these events is related to ",mob fractions"? (forge to pigs because pugma, goerge to merms because when you lose you are becoming one of them)
so i wanted based on sanity AND happening in spider realm so our webby boi would be fully accepted atleast there :3 oh and also there would be some item skins related to that world :D

13 minutes ago, wons said:

how blue moth said, sanity based
also did you noticed that every of these events is related to ",mob fractions"? (forge to pigs because pugma, goerge to merms because when you lose you are becoming one of them)
so i wanted based on sanity AND happening in spider realm so our webby boi would be fully accepted atleast there :3 oh and also there would be some item skins related to that world :D

there are also ghosts and tallbirds

10 hours ago, Karmattack said:

Was there something that showed how they got from the Gorge's portal back to the main Constant leading up to Return of Them?

I mean obviously it happened but I don't recall anything connecting the events.

the forge and gorge reality is still out there unfinished.

RoT is an addition to the pre-event timeline.

and before somebody mentions them, the ornaments and all festive events are not canon.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, Karmattack said:

What would you want out of a new Portal Event?

I remember my very old idea for an event. And I even had about six ideas for various events.
I would be happy if Klei created new events, because they specifically broke the thread with the gate so abruptly? So that if something happens, then go back to the events again? It seems logical to me.

54 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

I remember my very old idea for an event. And I even had about six ideas for various events.
I would be happy if Klei created new events, because they specifically broke the thread with the gate so abruptly? So that if something happens, then go back to the events again? It seems logical to me.

It wasnt suddenly, they barely earned more money from the skins to keep the servers up

6 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

It wasnt suddenly, they barely earned more money from the skins to keep the servers up

What I meant was that we weren't shown how the characters came back from the Ancient Gate and that the whole dimension story is over. Perhaps this is a special move to return the events one day.

I'd like the idea of a kinda "endless" ocean, where you start off on a raft with few supplies, and try to sail around, looking for more boat upgrades, sunken treasure, and fish, as you periodically face more difficult enemies and try to survive. Like that game Raft, I think?

Spawning in, having to cooperatively paddle your way around, then put your team sailing to the test could be a lot of fun if it was the hardcore focus of the game mode.

(I don't expect more portal events, and I dont really want them tbh, but I think this would be a fun idea, maybe ill make a mod out of it I dunno)

Archived