Wigfrid's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

JoeW

I'm loving the direction Wigfrid is being driven to. She already had a supportish role when building her helmet and spears for teammates, but now she can also provide song buffs for the party. It is also something new added to the game!

What a way of making a good but plain character, still good but more interesting.

Thank you so much! <3

I'd love to see some unique way of "crafting"/initiating a song, where you have to play correct notes in order perhaps? Like in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, where you choose from small group of different notes

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case, but would be cool if it was!

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

• Wigfrid is now cool.
  • Removed Herobrine

Well, this looks a lot like what I had suggested for Wigfrid several times over several moons. That's so awesome.

That being said, this post doesn't really say too much of anything substantial, and we'll have no idea how any of the mechanics work until they drop. I'll save my further input for release, as I don't want to jump on and praise this right off the bat for something that could very easily end up being a bit of a stink. Here's hoping, though!

Although, I will just say:

Thanks, Klei. So far this does look really cool. This Wigfrid main is a bit more optimistic now. :) 

I feel like Wigfrid doesn't need a refresh, but colour me surprised if you change something about her that I really like.

I know there is going to be more to this refresh that Wigfrid just being a bard, but, hey, at least it supports her role as a Fighting Support character!

(I doubt Klei is going to remove her 'Carnivorous' status, because, c'mon, it's kinda her character now)

24 minutes ago, Memetan said:

It looks a wonderful idea, and maybe she can make a use for the seashells, but I hope the new "songs ability" don't replace the "seasoning ability" of Warly, you know, the defense buff, damage buff, or make the characters work faster.

I mean, Wigfrid can already tell what notes shell bells are tuned to (e.g: 'E? (E is the note that the shell bell has been tuned to) I expected it to sound like a war bugle' but, obviously, with the umlauts), soooooooooooooooo yeah.

1 hour ago, Frontente said:

So this refresh is useless for solo players? Sadly my friends don't play DST anymore :/

It's quite possible that the boosts will also affect herself.

Kinda far fetched, but it would be 100/10 if it affected befriended or ridden mobs too (pigs, bunnymen, beefalo, etc)

Bard is a pretty inteersting direction I didn't expect them to take Wigfrid at all but it's thematically accurate. I wonder how they'll actually sound considering Wigfrid's Carol performance isn't "very pleasant" to put it lightly. Funny how Klei almost always manages to subvert expectations and provide totally new concepts from ground up. Machinations, Monster Bernie, Spices, New Were-forms, Ectoherbology and now Songs of Enchantment? The focus truly is on adding new, never-seen-before stuff the characters on the rework line instead of making QoL updates to them.

Lets see how Wigfrid goes, can't wait for the Animation and new Skins.

Is she keeping her existing damage bonus and reduction? That's a huge part of wigfrid that I don't want to have lost. Even if it "evens out" via the sing buffs. I prefer a neat 2 hit spider kill with the spear and longer period of 50 damage breakpoint on her hambat.

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Snip

I just get back and I see this

AMAZING

Here are my initial thoughts

1st, I was worried that Wigfrid was gonna skyrocket to S++, but with the small amount of changes, I feel like her carnivore downside and her new downside of only being able to use her songs after fighting for a bit, I feel like she is relatively balanced

2nd, I love how her new features make her a support fighter, just as I always saw her

3rd, I can't wait to try out these new "songs", from giving everyone a small damage boost to getting some of her forge abilities, I can't wait to see what exactly these "Songs" do!

Archived