Wigfrid's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

JoeW

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Bard is a pretty inteersting direction I didn't expect them to take Wigfrid at all but it's thematically accurate. I wonder how they'll actually sound considering Wigfrid's Carol performance isn't "very pleasant" to put it lightly. Funny how Klei almost always manages to subvert expectations and provide totally new concepts from ground up. Machinations, Monster Bernie, Spices, New Were-forms, Ectoherbology and now Songs of Enchantment? The focus truly is on adding new, never-seen-before stuff the characters on the rework line instead of making QoL updates to them.

Lets see how Wigfrid goes, can't wait for the Animation and new Skins.

Actually the "Wigfrid builds a stage and performs on it something" was one of the least popular re-work proposal in some past poll (perhaps someone has a link to it, I can't seem to find it anymore). While a "bard" ability of sorts is relatively in tune with Wigfrid's stage-performer/opera-singer implied persona, remains to be seen how exactly will be implemented. I for one have grim anticipation and now quite low expectations given trivia from OP. If she just starts in middle of battle a "flapping her gums" idle animation in some singing pose, aka a mechanic requiring her to sit there doing said animation and breaking the fight, for me would be a horrendous re-balance direction. But if instead only a very short animation will play above her or-the-like, akin life-steal, to boost allies - it's merely "Meh!". Abi buffs fights, Warly's dishes buff fights.. now Wigfrid's lackluster "seemingly over-complicated Battle Cry" (needing Stagecraft craftings) will buff fights as well. No subverted expectations (in a good sense at least), likewise with Walter + Woby and that long-existing Steam Workshop character mod (Walker & Wollie) people were pointing at as "inspirational source". If anything, this re-work appears to bring nothing to the table, more so for solo players. I hope am wrong and new "Inspiration Meter" at worst is negligible, at best so-and-so fun mechanic (without being truly over-powered for groups) in lack of any new weapon/armor whatsoever.

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Super excited about the new performance abilities .... DST is getting more and more like a DnD fantasy lol.... we got the Bard now :P

5948b32ecec5d_roleplayingstarvergroup.thumb.png.2638732e83f42bdcccae803c3b22cd6d.png

5 hours ago, SolDayClash said:

Wow, I didn't expect Klei to turn DST into The Constant got talent. Awesome!!!

574bde4638919_ScreenShot2016-05-29at11.42.31PM.png.761d07919fab641dfd0150e5cbe6c400.png

5 hours ago, Shpee said:

wigfridmugswolfgangforhisdamagemultiplier.png

wigvswolffact.png.00ee86fcfd4d2b9aa2b94740c702142e.png

Glad to see Auth is not going leave this game. 592533d0cf11a_Arielthoughtssinkingin.png.861ff0e6548c601302cd2422f56f0dcd.png

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

My opinion will depend on the song crafting materials, if they use relatively common things like hounds teeth I’ll be ok with it, but if it uses dragon scale level items I’ll be pretty annoyed. 

I bet 100% it involves a pan flute, a beefalo horn, a gnarwail horn, and a one-man band.

21 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I hope her songs buff non-player allies, too. Beefalo included. That tidbit someone already mentioned sounds like a good way to make it useful for solo players beyond a straight self-buff.

Exactly. A buff for example pigman's wood farming speed or bunnyman's health or beefalo attack damage will change the game so much and give Wigfrid's playstyle extra dimensions.

I’m glad it’s next week, Hurricane threw a tree in my yard so the lights and cable are out- been out over 24 hours now, using mobile data to check into forums- this sounds like an interesting rework.. but I am hopeful it also marks the starts of Hallowed Nights 2020.

10 hours ago, The batting bat said:

seriously this refresh looks so random, how tf would terraria thorium bard powers fit with wigfrid?! she suddenly loves to sing?! it's like giving jason from friday the 13th a sax instead of a chainsaw to sing to his victims to death, why not make a musican character instead?! seriosly i really want a musican character

Wiggy has always had this actress playing Valkyrie vibe, and her singing is suddenly random?

Wagner's Die Walküre is an opera...

Only thing i am concerned about is now that she is getting aoe abilities/buffs, how strong will she be solo? Yes, playing with 5-6 people and having Wigfrid in this group will make her insanely valuable depending on how strong her songs are but most of the time you are going to be on your own, people usually group to fight bosses and just do their own thing normally.

Would be great if she had song or two focused entirely on her, that way klei can give it more power, as aoe song will probably not be useful for solo play.

She is my favorite character lore-wise, the strong will required to not eat anything but meat even when you know you are going to die, we may all say it is completely an act but i believe she knows what happened to her and she just put everything into her act so that she doesn't go insane or just not have control over her emotions when she needs to be in control, she just adapted to her role of being a real warrior.

Also i used to play her a lot on any server with a lot of players that i played on because i really think her helmets are invaluable, honestly even if you are the only player on the server, its much easier to get gold for helmets then pig skin. Literally just get stone fruit bushes = unlimited stone after that just do ruins, you'll have trinkets that will give you easily tons of gold, this is often done in the first year.

Archived