Wigfrid's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

JoeW

10 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • As Wigfrid's inspiration raises, she can perform up to three abilities at a time.
  • Some abilities have an instant effect, at the cost of reducing Wigfrid's inspiration

I like this idea, some short of "resource meter" to use abilities. 

Can wait to try it out. 

Seems like her new inspiration meter will make her more of a teamplayer and possibly move her from the fighter category to the team category or support, maybe as wolfgang outclassed her pretty hard in my opinion, trying to switch her would make her more played? Anyways i like it

This looks like it'll be an amazing rework, as it keeps the core theme of the character while also putting some actual thought into combat.

I noticed that the artstyle is taking a step back into being more sketch-y, and I for one *LOVE* this. I miss the old style.

If there's a tab for crafting the songs it sounds like they're an inventory item, but if there's some instant use ones and some prolonged ones with the ability to perform up to three it sounds like you would want multiple different songs. Wondering how inventory will be with her.

20 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Disengaging combat will cause the inspiration to diminish

I wonder how this will work, like constantly draining while not fighting? what exactly counts as "Disengaging combat"?

Looking forward to the update, You will not be able to hide from Wigfrid's ear-damaging Beautiful voice.

This sounds like something that could either be really fun and work really well, be very underwhelming or be a bit much depending on how it pans out exactly.
I'm very hopeful it'll be just right, and even if it isn't, it can always be tweaked right?

Also very curious about how exactly songs and so on work, how they're "made" and how you use them.
Personally, a songbook of sorts would be neat where you add the different songs to it, to carry them all in one nice package.

This music note looks like it's on fire, maybe certain songs are more effective/only work against certain types of enemies?

Maybe the fire music note could be effective against winter mobs?, Deerclops, ice hounds, ect.

And maybe a music note in a snowflake/cube of ice, could be effective against summer enemies.

(sorry if the image is smol)

Or im just looking into it too much.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 4.53.07 PM.png

27 minutes ago, JoeW said:

or giving them the courage to take on the world.

• Singing adds a buff to all players in an area around Wigfrid, which remains active as long as she keeps her inspiration level up.
  • As Wigfrid's inspiration raises, she can perform up to three abilities at a time.

wigfridmugswolfgangforhisdamagemultiplier.png

we can only hope these songs can't be applied multiple times at once.

seriously this refresh looks so random, how tf would terraria thorium bard powers fit with wigfrid?! she suddenly loves to sing?! it's like giving jason from friday the 13th a sax instead of a chainsaw to sing to his victims to death, why not make a musican character instead?! seriosly i really want a musican character

Archived