[Game Update] - 428605

Jason

20 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I hope there will be a update that fixes the many bugs mostly in hamlet, and make it run smoother. 

The biggest bug I've noticed is that Shipwrecked seasons no longer work when you hop worlds. It'll be hot in dry season, but no floods will happen in Monsoon, no rain/thunder in Hurricane, and the classic old Volcano Eruptions stopping for the entire season if you go into the Volcano or hop worlds or even exit the game and enter again.

Just now, maciu67 said:

Why Is that update need 1,4 GB?

If you change old data in the game and patch it, it will be downloaded as if it was entirely new data. Changing all the bits about lightning probably forced them to change some other things related to lightning like all the character models getting struck by it or something which makes the update seem bigger than it actually is.

• Like 4

I believe the large file size for this update is because of the way sound is handled being changed in some way, there's a lot of ".bank" files in the sound folders now that weren't there previously, and they're definitely sizable. Just one example:
image.png.d229990e98b045f74a33fb4443cf9357.png

Also, hey, some new music! I'm always happy to see stuff like this snuck into DS updates.

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1
  • GL Happy 3

9 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I believe the large file size for this update is because of the way sound is handled being changed in some way, there's a lot of ".bank" files in the sound folders now that weren't there previously, and they're definitely sizable. Just one example:

Also, hey, some new music! I'm always happy to see stuff like this snuck into DS updates.

This song was quite an old one so it's nice to see they decided to include it.

I believe it was the aporkalypse music in beta.

Here is a video of the song from last year.

6 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

After all this time, one new music track.

BIG HAMLET UPDATES

Technically not correct, this song was in the Hamlet beta for bosses other than the ancient Herald and Iron Hulk, I suspect what actually happened is they happened to re-enable the song as a bug made it not play and they didn't change it back after release.

Also I just noticed sunset skye is the one who uploaded both videos. -slaps self-

Edited by cropo

They honestly might have gotten into trouble with the lightning effects and were forced to change it. Similar to how they were kinda forced to ''fix'' the caves season skip glitch when the game was released on Steam

I mean the new effects look better anyway, so it's a positive change.

2 minutes ago, QrChuck said:

I'm still bit concerned with the filename of new OST: DST_Forge_NewBoss5_V2.wav

The old file from a year ago has the name DST_Forge_NewBoss5_inFm.wav so I wouldn't think too much on it.

They're probably just swapping assets back and fourth between the versions, the Spidermonkeys are basically Borillas.

Edited by cropo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad they updated it to include this but wish they didn’t leave a lot of the bugs that are still in the game. DST wouldn’t exist without single player, least they could do is have one or two people on bug fixes until the game has much fewer. 

while I’m dreaming....I’d like more shipwrecked content :wilson_cry:

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

the only thing i really ask for singleplayers are bug fixes and optimization for potatoer pcs like mine, some tweaks that i'd also welcome are the higher res turfs and items, but i'm overall at peace with singleplayer being mostly done for.

Spoiler

Also, this will not happen like ever, but who wouldn't want some more fleshed out Hamlet content?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

I wonder why they'd add so much weight. The former entirety of the sounds and music folder would be "only" 513 MB (i.e. approx. half a gigabyte), The entire DLC files were barely a gigabyte before this update. (For comparison, RoG is 535 MB and SW is 640 MB. The basegame without DLC directories is 834 MB.)

(I did not update yet.)