[Game Update] - 428605

Jason

I don't know what's the deal with this remade lighting effect, to me is lackluster if anything - toned down to the point of not even registering it aside some marginal dimming in light. Meanwhile there's a plethora of issues, starting with clunky kiting (no DST attack-cancel ability), SD texture, and so on. Stuff a lot of players complained over time. But hey, at least... dimmed lighting effect - worth of 1.4 GB collaterals :rolleyes:

• GL Happy 1

3 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I don't know what's the deal with this remade lighting effect, to me is lackluster if anything - toned down to the point of not even registering it aside some marginal dimming in light. Meanwhile there's a plethora of issues, starting with clunky kiting (no DST attack-cancel ability), SD texture, and so on. Stuff a lot of players complained over time. But hey, at least... dimmed lighting effect - worth of 1.4 GB collaterals :rolleyes:

summary: "scrub epileptics because i dont want to die for terrorbeaks"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

while I’m dreaming....I’d like more shipwrecked content :wilson_cry:

SEA LIGHTNING RODS.

That is all. (We've wanted that since Boat Bridges were discovered, and it's the only thing preventing Boat Bases in SW.)

17 hours ago, KCDA said:

H Y P E

2 hours ago, douan33 said:

Ah, yes, NOTHING

No, not nothing, this is HUGE! I pushed so hard for Klei to change lightning after that horrific event, Klei ended up going the extra mile, sure, but I wanted Klei to go another few yards by porting it into DS as well. It was horrifying to think that DST got a massive accessibility change, but DS didn't (for the time) leaving the game physically unplayable for those individuals.

But hey, WE FINALLY HAVE IT NOW! That is why I'm so hyped since I pushed so hard for the initial change, and later pushed hard to emphasize the importance of porting the change.

Edited by KCDA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

summary: "scrub epileptics because i dont want to die for terrorbeaks"

What does epileptics have to do with Terrorbeaks?

Also don't forget in DS armor stacks, so you can pretty much tank everything with only Football Helmets and Log Suits, not to mention more advanced armor that basically makes you take 10 dmg tops. Spot-on point: fighting in DS is not fluid. Clearly DST kite mechanic is superior and should be translated into DS as well. If self-closing chests and fridges via lightning strikes bothered people so much it needed to be addressed via specific update, surely proper fluid fighting needs it too.

Spoiler

PS: in case of "try-hard" Hurt-Ego trips PM me for ointments, I have good advice 'n' tips, no need to be shy yet salty ;)

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

2 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

fighting in DS is not fluid. Clearly DST kite mechanic is superior and should be translated into DS as well

I have completely different opinion, but that's maybe a effect of lagg (but that should not happen on my own server(!)), but I find easier to fight, kite etc. in DS than DST. In DST I'm getting hurt having greater distance from enemies than in DS... and in DST I'm practically unable to avoid even single attack from depth worms or hounds... And DST attack mechanic usually end in too early cancel (and still being hit).

51 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I have completely different opinion, but that's maybe a effect of lagg (but that should not happen on my own server(!)), but I find easier to fight, kite etc. in DS than DST. In DST I'm getting hurt having greater distance from enemies than in DS... and in DST I'm practically unable to avoid even single attack from depth worms or hounds... And DST attack mechanic usually end in too early cancel (and still being hit).

I've read in past indeed some people lagged on their own servers. Have you tried a Forest-shard-only test? Said people complaining about lag on their own worlds seem to have it caused by Caves server (aka PC not powerful enough to run 2 servers). While DS doesn't actually run separate servers, but loads progressively Forest/Cave/Ruins when you go there.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y

43 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Have you tried a Forest-shard-only test?

Yup, long time ago, but I don't remember any difference, so probably wasn't. When I play alone it shouldn't be a problem anyway, right? Just... all mobs in DST feel like they have longer attack range than in DS, especially nightmares and depth worms.

On 03/09/2020 at 19:44, --- -.- said:

a última atualização "não morrer de fome" haverá para este ano.

1,4 GB, uma mudança, gostaria que o Steam me desse a opção de não atualizar.

will this update still come out?