Owlrus    3629
2 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Adjusted the Batilisk Wing drop rate from Batilisks.

May I ask what the drop rate is currently? I'm not very tech-savy to find out for myself like I wish I was.

• Like 3

Viktor234    4861
5 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Adjusted the Batilisk Wing drop rate from Batilisks.

From 75% to 25%, that should feel better now.

• Like 2

TheHollowKnight    1861
13 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Increased resolution of the Pan Flute.

Can anyone show me a screenshot of this compared to the old one? just curious to see how they compare.

• Like 1

Majestix    385
26 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Isn't that too much of a nerf? 50% would have been okay :/

Nope, this is spot-on.

• Like 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    5972

As much as I critique various suggestions for making DST harder in general from day 1 (am ok with progression or, even better - a 1 macro-event triggered by player akin AFW's first take-down and ruins regen that increments general difficulty), I also am against making DST easier. Bats, from my understanding, are meant to be pests and a threat, not food source. Game needs numerous threats, dangers as per its Survival facet. And bats fit that role nicely. More so, are a source for some rare-ish item that just got amped up recipe-wise (Bat Bat). Thus Bat Wing drop rate is ok at its initial value as to maintain Bats' role as slightly dangerous pests and to confer usefulness to Guano biome. This update brought a good revision in my book.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*some corrections*
  • Like 4

ShadowDuelist    6824
20 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

As much as I critique various suggestions for making DST harder in general from day 1 (am ok with progression or, even better - a 1 macro-event triggered by player akin AFW's first take-down and ruins regen that increments general difficulty), I also am against making DST easier. Bats, from my understanding, are meant to be pests and a threat, not food source. Game needs numerous threats, dangers as per its Survival facet. And bats fit that role nicely. More so are a source for some rare item that just got amped up recipe-wise (Telelocator). Thus Bat Wing drop rate is ok at its initial value as to maintain Bats' role as slightly dangerous pests and to confer usefulness to Guano biome. This update brought a good revision in my book.

The problem with the bat wings drop rate is that they are both an ingredient for crafting an already expensive healing device AND food, and so the balance around both things kinda clashes.

No doubt 75% was too much, that we all agree upon as it could quickly flood a fridge of bat wings and be used as a main food source with absolutely no effort, but the batbat already has 2 expensive materials (gems and living logs) as part of their crafting cost. Adding another highly RNG related item to its crafting materials could make people stay away from it entirely, once more. I think the limitant to craft this item should be the gems and the living logs.

Now the problem happens when you increase the drop, thinking about the batbat, and then everyone starts feasting on the fountain of meat, or lower the drop to keep the wings away from a reliable food source, but you also make the batbat a niche and rarely seen in use weapon once more. It is indeed something difficult to balance.

I insist that the drop as it stands seems a bit on the "too low" side, I don't know exactly how much would have been okay to keep it with a reasonable drop without letting people eat just bats, but 25% does not seem to be the balance point.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

1bubbainpa    2839
48 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

This is a dumb idea but I figure I may throw it out there anyways. If people think the purple gem is part of what makes it costly, why not replace it with mosquito sacks instead? Aesthetically it makes sense (two bloodsuckers to make another bloodsucker), and they aren't too difficult to come by either. Again, I'm not sure about the integrity of this idea so take it with a grain of salt.

This is such a stupid and brilliant idea. I love it.

Mysterious box    311

I just personally feel like a higher droprate would encourage interacting with them more as realistically no matter how pesky they're intended to be as long as you use common sense they'll never bother you when you don't want them to and with a low droprate they're going to go back to being largely avoided and ignored yes 75 percent was far to rewarding but 25 perfect is hard to justify the time and effort even more so to lower skill level players.

• Thanks 2
  • Health 2

Dr. Safety    3647

I apologize for the stupid question but I avoided batilisks so much that I don't even know what the original wing droprate was. What was it?

• Like 1

cropo    179
3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

As much as I critique various suggestions for making DST harder in general from day 1 (am ok with progression or, even better - a 1 macro-event triggered by player akin AFW's first take-down and ruins regen that increments general difficulty), I also am against making DST easier. Bats, from my understanding, are meant to be pests and a threat, not food source. Game needs numerous threats, dangers as per its Survival facet. And bats fit that role nicely. More so, are a source for some rare item that just got amped up recipe-wise (Telelocator). Thus Bat Wing drop rate is ok at its initial value as to maintain Bats' role as slightly dangerous pests and to confer usefulness to Guano biome. This update brought a good revision in my book.

Then they should decrease the living log cost to 1 living log then. Make the Bats have lower drop chance sure, but the process one has to go to in order to farm the materials for a Bat Bat for what little benefit it gives is a bit unfair imo. 

• Like 2

SinancoTheBest    2298
4 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I apologize for the stupid question but I avoided batilisks so much that I don't even know what the original wing droprate was. What was it?

I believe it used to be 15%. Then it got bumped to 75% and now its 25%

• Thanks 2