[Game Update] - 427361

most the people here are fussing about whether or not the wing drop is too good for batbat but i am sitting here just thinking that i don't even use batbat and have only seen it used in-game once and as far as all of that is concerned it might well not even exist. for me the batwing argument is 100% about an accessible meat source when spiders, moles and pigs are limited/nonexistent in an older pub world and about making bats worth the effort to even deal with

would too many people get angry at a 35% drop-rate?(or even bumping up the chance of a monstermeat drop?)

• Like 2
  • Health 1

9 hours ago, Owlrus said:

why not replace it with mosquito sacks instead?

I think this would throw the recipe even further into oblivion. At least u know u always have living logs around cuz dark swords and purple gems are prety easy to find in the caves/ruins. If you confine this weapon to be mostly surface based with the sacks, people are never gonna touch it again with the exception of mostly the Wormwood case, I really don't think is worth it. Specially the 2 living logs and now 25% wing drop. 

Another thing I actually find a bit wasteful is the lack of recipes including guano in other uses besides fertilizers. Tbh I would hope they actually made the guano at least part of the Mushroom planter recipe or even allow guano to be also an alternative for advanced farms. A lot of drops that have no use tend to cause lag (people are only motivated enough to pick stuff up if its useful) and if you are really going for that Bat Bat as mainly Wormwood the guano drop is gonna increase diametrically. (Wings 25%, Guano 15%)

Edited by FreyaMaluk

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

:( was waiting for patch notes to read -Added Palm Trees at Oasis, but this is good too I guess- Glad Batwings drop rate was decreased though.

Wow, that would be pretty cool.  Now I really want this to be a reality.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Owlrus said:

This is a dumb idea but I figure I may throw it out there anyways. If people think the purple gem is part of what makes it costly, why not replace it with mosquito sacks instead? Aesthetically it makes sense (two bloodsuckers to make another bloodsucker), and they aren't too difficult to come by either. Again, I'm not sure about the integrity of this idea so take it with a grain of salt.

Sounds relatively fair as both cooked Bat Wings and Mosquito sacks provide HP. I for one never understood why Bat Bat requires Purple Gem seeing as said gem is associated with locomotion as opposed to a Red one (established lore for HP via Living Amulet).

Yes, for lore consistency Bat-Bat recipe could be changed to 1x Red Gem + 1-2x Living Log + 3x Bat Wings, or your proposal, as 2-3x Mosquito Sacks + 2 Living Logs + 3 Bat Wings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Purple Gem seeing as said gem is associated with locomotion

I always assumed purple gems are associated with darkness/insanity (nightmare amulet definitely is not a locomotion and is opposite to magiluminesence) and draining life is quite dark and insane.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Sounds relatively fair as both cooked Bat Wings and Mosquito sacks provide HP. I for one never understood why Bat Bat requires Purple Gem seeing as said gem is associated with locomotion as opposed to a Red one (established lore for HP via Living Amulet).

Yes, for lore consistency Bat-Bat recipe could be changed to 1x Red Gem + 1-2x Living Log + 3x Bat Wings, or your proposal, as 2-3x Mosquito Sacks + 2 Living Logs + 3 Bat Wings.

Orange are the gems for locomotion: deserter, explorer, forager

• Thanks 1

Telelocator Staff teleports you and other mobs, Purple Moonlens in Ocuvigil reveals map but I get what you're saying. And indeed Orange Gem fits better the role of "movement gem". Purple has a wider spectrum - as written above: "associated with darkness/insanity". And thinking at Purple as combination of Red and Blue I suppose its use makes some sense for fighting-and-life-stealing weapon's recipe.

Anyway I for one am content with Bat Bat's current recipe: 1x Purple Gem, 2x Living Logs, 3x Bat Wings. But won't mind if adjusted to only 1 living log even though living logs aren't that hard to come by.

On the other hand, if recipe for Thulecite Club would be adjusted as well to something like 1-2x Living + 3x Log Thulecite+ 4x Nightmare Fuel perhaps would make it a far more produced/used weapon as opposed to now, even if was tweaked to 200 uses.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y