A Debate on Which Character Earns the Right to be called Captain of the High Seas

Which of the starvers do you feel is best when it comes to sailing?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the starvers do you feel is best when it comes to sailing?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Warly
    • Wurt

Warly, assuming that the other survivors have no memory of or were not in Shipwrecked. His introduction post also stated "A ship has dashed upon the shores of the island", so of all the survivors he is at least confirmed to have boating experience (even more so with his Trawler skin, implying he may have gone on many a fishing trip) :wilson_smile:

If it's gonna be most efficiently gets ocean stuff, most likely Woodie. Why? Well, goose can walk on water and locate things like salt, shoals, the island, and even the malbatross minimizing wandering on the sea in a boat. Has two methods of obtaining logs faster than the standard character to make boats with. And has a form that is pretty efficient at obtaining silk for sails for fishing and salt boats, given a large supply of spiders of course.

1 hour ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

If it's gonna be most efficiently gets ocean stuff, most likely Woodie. Why? Well, goose can walk on water and locate things like salt, shoals, the island, and even the malbatross minimizing wandering on the sea in a boat. Has two methods of obtaining logs faster than the standard character to make boats with. And has a form that is pretty efficient at obtaining silk for sails for fishing and salt boats, given a large supply of spiders of course.

Technically speaking, I think Woodie is the best too. Besides whats was perfectly explained above, he also has a unique escape way if the boat is going to sink.

I voted Wurt but only because I feel really safe boating as her, since her escape way involves doing nearly nothing. But I think given the fact that now all players can feed on the go through ocean fish (and Wurt can't), it still makes Woodie better. 

Close third would probably be Winona since she's the only one who can make boats shoot (Yes, you could put a houndius too, but  realistically, would you risk using such an expensive item on such a frail platform?) and can cheaply repair the boat leaks.

22 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

*Cough* @Canis *Cough*

dupelenny.png.fe9b361cee4a216f2467128c74d9ae2f.png

angrybirdfly.png.03ab63a263192fe23db6524ddeb5c72d.png

Since OP only lists DST characters, im excluding those in Singleplayer, because then it'd be Woodlegs with absolutely no contest.

I would say Warly too, due to more experience than the others.

Lore wise I feel Warly should as he has the most experience (though, considering he most likely found his way here by accident and apparently forgot how to make all the cooler boats, it's debatable how much he has on the others)

Vikings knew how to build some battle ready and sturdy boats..... but then again Wigfrids just an actor (nobody tell her otherwise or else they get a good wack in the head)

12 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

wes, because he is merely hiding his supreme mastery of the elements by using an oar to row instead of moving the oceans to his will.

I Demand that Reworked Wes be able to Mime Rowing with an Invisible Oar now.. YOU Did this.

I didn't vote Warly because in my view he's the chef not the captain. If this was one piece; 

Warly would be Sanji,

Wigfrid would be Zorro.

Wickerbottom would be Robin.

Wormwood would be Chopper.

Winona would be Franky.

Wes would be Brook.

Wurt would have be Jinbei.

Woody would be Usop.

Willow would be Nami.

Wolfgang would be Luffy.

It kinda makes sense, he's rhe strong but dumb type, everyone, without knowing exactly why, would be following his orders and he would be very hungry, often to Warly's dismay.

Archived