Return of them - Turn of Tides is coming next week!

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

I am not aware of any difference in experience for console. However, be aware that this is the type of thing that requires extra time to get working for console so I can't say at this time that there will be no difference for sure; because it's not far enough that I can make that promise. But, there shouldn't be any difference and we are not aware of anything that could be a problem. If anything the concern is more about maintaining performance. 

Thank You :wilson_love:

18 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Console missed on some of the Twitch skins I think ( and the ''secret thingie'' is propably the new rewards system )

Nah we got all the twitch skins. i play on both and collected all of them on PS4 and PC.

1 hour ago, 359368170 said:

2.png.194223a6a6760bb19d7662dc96cfe2ca.png3.png.bad3d063cccbbad146d6f7f21b915ff1.png

The style of planet in pic which is a piece of moon is more like ONI's style.

Would the Duplicant astronauts find Wilson soon? There are a large variety of creatures in DST world.

I mean the Constant has a moon which broke up and made up the Luna Island and

ONI is literally present on the moon ( le broken down E a r t h )

Both things are kinda similiar but I would find it hard to have Duplicants in DST

Yay, looks like this update took a long time because the ocean was a big obstacle for the team to develop on, but once the ocean is done, I expect newer Turn of Tides updates to roll by much faster. Super excited :) 

Any chance we can see old loyalties on the points system? I'd really like the Cherub Heart and the Forge Season 1 background.

I also noticed that you've upped the performance significantly in the beta! Even more so than the non beta. Since the dawn of time I've been playing on a solid 30 fps and that was just normal to me. But when I played in the beta yesterday the fps peaked between 50-60 (with caves on) and it felt so gosh darn smooth. Compared to last time I played in the beta, when the fps was at around 10-15 at all time with or without caves on.

Y'all really outperformed yourself.

So excited !! End of the month cannot come soon enough , since I am PS4 only. Really hope they come out with some new raid bosses . Like at least 2 if not 3 or 4. My buddy I play with and I need some new challenges. Have not played since June (Wortox solo world) . 

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

Console players:

Because of the complexity in the changes that were made to the game, we need extra time to get this update out to console. We expect this to take an additional 3-4 weeks (hopefully less), and we will update you with the expected date as soon as we submit to cert and have a better handle on what the date will be.

Why?

Congratulations! You’ve added new technology and more staff and we still get 3-4 weeks delay.  

From Bigfoot:

First, I’d like to recap what happened in 2017/2018:

In 2017 we launched the Forge, and followed it up in 2018 with the Gorge. The idea was that we could offer a new way of playing Don’t Starve Together, in a limited-time format. We were a bit burned out on creating DST core game content and this format allowed us to try something a bit different, so we made these crazy game modes and provided them to the community for free.

We found that it was exceedingly difficult for us to run these events on console and as such underserved our console players.

Console Development

We are working hard on keeping the console versions of the game up to date. Specifically, we are investing in technology to allow us to more quickly update the game without going through lengthy certification on every small change, and we've also added more staff to work exclusively on updating the console versions.

As we said before, we think it’s important that everyone can play together and we don’t segregate our audience

What about console?

Since console does not have beta branch functionality, consoles will be getting Turn of Tides at the official launch in June.

First of all I’d like to recap what happened in 2017, 2018 and 2019 on console:

We got character updates. 

16 hours ago, JoeW said:

Feel happy that we're telling you early like you asked? =)

Hahaha! That’s a good one! 

17 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

image.thumb.png.5b3f0cff860486bf6440b80b94d7e000.png

Is this the thing?

That’s just another thing console players get to wait on. 

18 hours ago, JoeW said:

In the future we will update the rewards program with new ways to earn more points and pick up cool rewards they may have missed, or even possibly entirely new stuff.

This is a good idea. Maybe it can possibly support the Funkopop drops which console player also cannot get. 

3 minutes ago, Torrents said:

So wait, are more biomes / islands coming to the ocean?  Because right now it's ... kinda empty. 

Turn of tides is only the foundation for the newest content which is the reason why its so content lighted. we're getting more content indeed. more islands and more stuff for the ocean.

Archived