Jump to content

Is tungsten now the only world blocked thing?


Recommended Posts

Gold from the skies now enables oxylite and super coolant

The printer will give reed fiber seeds

They fixed exosuit metal choice

So is wolf/tungsten the only thing you will not have access to without frozen core or glimmering planet on verdante, Ardio, and Oasisse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was actually rather interested when gold was added to meteors (exactly like suggested on forums) but wolframite remained unobtainable. Since I believe that the only reason to add gold was super coolant, then if this one is addressed and thermium is not - it leads me to a conclusion that Klei plans to address wolframite (gold was addressed), but do it somehow differently (or it would be in the same patch) and in a manner that takes a bit longer to implement (or it would be in the same patch). So, for example, it's not a guaranteed planet.. But what can it be then?

Maybe we should help and brainstorm some ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobucles said:

Excess abysallite can be largely solved by spawning less abysallite. A single tile of thickness is all that's needed to block 99.9% of heat. Why have it 4 tiles thick?

Because it looks pretty. Really, abyssalite just needs to be removed in favor of like, mafic rock and not putting cold biomes next to hot ever.

On the subject of smooth hatches, they need to be made less inferior to the metal refinery, otherwise having to use them to get tungsten is just a big pain. If the metal refinery only produced 75% refined metal from ores and the other 25% was a rock type based on the ore, it'd put smooth patches about on par with it, and if smooth hatches pooped out a 25% coal too, it would make them usually superior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since we are stating opinions, I hope they don't remove abyssalite. It lets you approach the biomes at any pace (when it's there) and it has two extremely high end conversion paths.

Abyss bugs converting it to tungsten actually seems like a pretty good idea, unfortunately. (Not a big fan of primarily ranching based conversion paths.) Let's see what they come up with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jumpp said:

Has there been any follow-up on this? Just now hit this problem for the first time. (Aridio, no cold biomes, no glittering planet.)

Yep i have same problem on oasis. No wolfromite and on glittering planet makes taming my 5 volcanos very difficulty. :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

I believe Nosh Sprout and Dasha Saltvine seeds are both still unavailable if you don't have Rust Biomes.

Nosh sprout are unavailable if you have no rust biome, but dsha saltvine can be brought back from a salty dwarf.^^

[Just done a trip to a 170.000km space destination just to bring back 4 dasha saltvine seeds^^]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

I believe Nosh Sprout and Dasha Saltvine seeds are both still unavailable if you don't have Rust Biomes.

True but nosh sprouts are THE worst food choice out there.  They are just plain worse than all other choices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2019 at 9:18 AM, Christophlette said:

Tungsten is kinda renewable if you get the right planet.

image.png.cf2448fb2ee98bb53542c9c787a617dc.png

Oh crap.  I do have a glimmering planet.  It is pretty far away but what am I doing wasting my time on this rock.  I need to get to space.

Buddy buds appear to be world blocked.  Unless a destination also has them.  I have never seen any from the printing pod.  Plenty of joy and mirth but no buddies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019. 08. 02. at 8:21 PM, Nebbie said:

Because it looks pretty. Really, abyssalite just needs to be removed in favor of like, mafic rock and not putting cold biomes next to hot ever.

On the subject of smooth hatches, they need to be made less inferior to the metal refinery, otherwise having to use them to get tungsten is just a big pain. If the metal refinery only produced 75% refined metal from ores and the other 25% was a rock type based on the ore, it'd put smooth patches about on par with it, and if smooth hatches pooped out a 25% coal too, it would make them usually superior.

to be honest setting up a metal refinery is quite too difficult for lots of players, ranching hatches might just be easy enough for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...