If one character would have to die, who would it be?

If one character would have to die, who'd it be?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Who would it be?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woody
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Wortox

Maxwell, although already dying in the past, would probably die in an attempt to save Charlie or his companions from Them one last time, thus serving as his true redemption for the tragic series of events that led to the events of Don’t Starve and Together. Wilson, like others have said, is the one with the most survival experience and is the incompetent yet somehow competent leader of the survivors. Plus, he’s the poster boy and the most recognizable face in the game, killing him off would be shocking and highly improbable. Also, him and Max did build the Portal and it was thanks to Wilson’s blueprints and Max’s magical knowledge and the Codex. Despite Wilson’s track record of being a crap scientist, he knows his stuff in certain places. Plus, like most geniuses that are lazy, when he applies himself, results happen.

My serious vote:  Maxwell, for all the same reasons said here.  Former villian, dies heroically to save others and thereby PROVE, at the end, that he was indeed _truly_ reformed, etc.  It's also interesting to note that in the "Dark and Gritty Reboot" DST Trailer, Maxwell gets stabbed because he tried to BETRAY the group (and there goes my vote for the "Who's the most likely to betray them?" thread.)

As for Wilson dying for a "Chrono-Trigger-like" motivator thingie...well, he DOES kind of already have Chrono's hair... (well, spiky anime hair in general.  : P)

I can see WX dying in a sort of dark humour, karmic retribution way from a failed attempt to "KILL THE MEATBAGS".

Of course, we all know what the REAL "ending" to the story would be.  Willow would go nuts and just torch everything for funsies, including her own base*, none of the FAVOURITE characters would be in any real danger because that would be bad for ratings sales, and some completely nonsensical person would end up on the Nightmare Throne.

;)

...Notorious

*Yes, I realise that visually, Wendy would work better for that, but, ya know...Willow, fire...

I would see Wickerbottom dying due to one of her plans backfiring horribly due to unforeseen circumstances, leaving her no choice but to deal with the consequences of her actions alone such that the rest of the survivors live to see the next days.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:27 PM, ItsaGamer05 said:

Everyone EXCEPT Wilson. He’s basically the most experienced survivor, he should get some sympathy for every threat he’s gone against.

webber is the only child character so I would say that he is the most experienced survivor in the constant.

1 hour ago, pythorplays said:

wendy is 15 and children are always 12 or younger so webber was the first to enter the constant.

Where did we learn she was 15? Also Wilson was one of the first to enter, we saw him get pulled in, in his video.

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Where did we learn she was 15? Also Wilson was one of the first to enter, we saw him get pulled in, in his video.

Actually the initial timeline post (with Wagstaff's name, ages ago) put Wilson as the last to enter-with Winona + DLC now taking that role.

Webber is presumed to be one of the first solely due to his skull.

5 minutes ago, -Variant said:

google says that wendy is 15 years old.

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Actually the initial timeline post (with Wagstaff's name, ages ago) put Wilson as the last to enter-with Winona + DLC now taking that role.

and his skull implies that he was already dead before anyone else entered the constant.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Ah, the skull right. Forgot about the timeline, which makes things a bit wonky. I'm gettin' dusty, should go back and re-read.

2 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

I say we off Wilson.

Actually, how about we just off them all and hit the reset button? Maybe make Wilson the ruler, and have a DS season 2 if you will.

...I'd love if at some point after Charlie's removal, the survivors just start taking turns on the throne, making updates to the game/world that are in line with their character, then swapping out with eachother before corruption settles in.
Or after corruption settles in, where appropriate.
Wigfrid would be great as a temporary Big Bad.

As far as current lore though...Maxwell would make the most sense. Tragic antihero and all that. He's been in our vision for long enough and had enough development that it would have weight, whereas I don't think Winona...er...matters enough? She'd be leaving too soon after arriving with little change to her character or reasons for the things that she does for it to have much impact.

18 minutes ago, maradyne said:

...I'd love if at some point after Charlie's removal, the survivors just start taking turns on the throne, making updates to the game/world that are in line with their character, then swapping out with eachother before corruption settles in.

This is just how the game should've gone in the first place. After Max is kicked off, Wilson creates the world anew and summons a new batch of survivors. It would be so much easier on the writers too.

11 hours ago, pythorplays said:

google says that wendy is 15 years old.

and his skull implies that he was already dead before anyone else entered the constant.

google isn't really a great source.

picked wes as a joke, but now that i think about it, either wilson or maxwell would probably end up dying.

Archived