What Do You Think Warly Will Offer To The Team?

I was wondering what you guys will think he's arrive to DST will bring to the table.

I'm hoping food he cooks can give some form of bonus, like maybe they can give small buffs to certain things. Not sure what his downsides should be.

3 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

I was wondering what you guys will think he's arrive to DST will bring to the table.

I'm hoping food he cooks can give some form of bonus, like maybe they can give small buffs to certain things. Not sure what his downsides should be.

I think mostly the same, he should be the team's cook, making better food and/or special effects foods. He may also craft portable crockpots for everyone to have, although I hope they have durability (so they don't entirely replace the regular crockpots). 

What I'm really hoping him to be is a sort of a "food alchemist" giving new effects to himself or the team by his food, which will require gathering the materials, and will also keep him relevant in the early game and also the late game, by letting him make more powerful food once you get access to harder to obtain ingredients, like lichen, cave banana, lunar island food, etc.

I hope these effects are things you can't obtain otherwise, like sanity regen, resistance to fire and overheat, resistance to ice and cold, more damage for X time, poisonus food to give to mobs that causes them to explode,  food that causes more health restored by healing items for X time, food that makes you gain a passive dmg resistance for X time, etc. They can also give temporary cons to balance: EG: Resistance to fire makes you weaker to cold for the duration. More damage makes you weaker to take damage for the duration, etc.

Maybe to prevent being too op, only one of his special foods could be active at any given time, and the effects won't stack, so it becomes a more tactical thing.

* More Unique Food Recipes, some with bonus effects. [Seasoned Jerky? Fruit Leather? Gumbo? Banana Split Sundae? Leche Frita? Turducken{Gobeefpig}?]
* Higher percentage on making the better food from multi-recipes. 
* Faster cooking. 
* Of all the characters that could be used to justify adding the cookery structures and food recipes from The Gorge, Warly is #1. 
Food! Glorious Food! Wonderful Food! 

What's with the hate on meatballs. It's so efficient (hunger wise).

iterally one meat of any kind and 3 food item fillers of almost any kind for 65 hunger. At it's  best (morsal/monster meat and 3 ice) it practically quintuples/sextuples the hunger input.

Unless they come out with new recipes for food it makes little sense to make anything other then meatballs for hunger (bacon and eggs for longer expeditions but imo is subpar comparatively) unless you're using either farms(honey or veggie) or cave basing (lichen) and all those require setup while the former require almost no resources other then a spider den 2 shovels for berry bushes and 40 rot

probably a red crockpot and a pouch

33 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

iterally one meat of any kind and 3 food item fillers of almost any kind for 65 hunger. At it's  best (morsal/monster meat and 3 ice) it practically quintuples/sextuples the hunger input.

Unless they come out with new recipes for food it makes little sense to make anything other then meatballs for hunger (bacon and eggs for longer expeditions but imo is subpar comparatively) unless you're using either farms(honey or veggie) or cave basing (lichen) and all those require setup while the former require almost no resources other then a spider den 2 shovels for berry bushes and 40 rot

they hate it because it's a braindead stupid effective strategy and ruins the point of other more elaborated recipes. Not because it's too weak. Quite the contrary.

Ah I see. It does invalidate quite a few recipes 

If you're hoping warly will fix this, unless they  rehaul the base games recipe values/make it harder to obtain filler/nerf recipe flexibility, all he will do is spice things up occasionally and only when he's around 

Right now it's ( meatballs, perogi, eggs and bacon --> everything else)

all warly will do most likely is (some warly recipes --> meatballs, perogi, eggs and bacon --> everything else)

13 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

People who mass cook meatballs are typically the following:

1) Likely to waste more valuable food items as filler

2) Not very concerned with learning any intricacies of the game (including, but not limited to food values), and subsequently...

3) More likely to be one of those standing around burning through supplies while not contributing, if not outright requiring babysitting

They're the equivalent of that day 1 player who goes and picks the flowers solely for the sake of making a garland, despite not needing the sanity (or realizing that the flowers picked give sanity)

15 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

You’ve answered your own question, sort of.

The reason people don’t like meatballs isn’t because they’re a bad food. It’s because they’re so good and so easy that any other recipies pale in comparison. Meatballs are by far the best solution to hunger. All the other recepies you hear used a lot are for other stats (Pierogies or Jellybeans for health, Taffy for sanity) When’s the last time you made a meaty stew?

20 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

EZ Shake N' Bake recipes on the go, what else? That portable crockpot of his is going to be immensely helpful if he gets to keep it.

He probs will but I hope its unique item for Warly only tbh.. Otherwise op

8 hours ago, Starlogy said:

when did this thread turn into "meatball bad, bacon and egg good" thread

Yeah i really have no idea why.

Can we get make to our lad Warly please, or else he won't make any food for you and watch you starve.

Archived