What will be the next character in Rework?

9 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

Does anyone know what the next character to go through rework will be?  I played Wx for years, and I heard some people commenting that it could be him ...

wes-hype.png.8c591eb628b547b93e01ce8943adac0a.png

According to the community, most players want to see a Woodie update next.

According to Klei: No Answer.

1 hour ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

Probably Wes, they need to Nerf him ASAP

True, this brutal force of the constant needs to be stop ! So far we only seen 10% of his true strength. Nerfs needs to come asap to prevent even more use of his power :o

So far character reworks seem to be 1 1/2 months apart, and I think the reworks are going dull/weak to broken/OP

Winona rework was Mid-March (reason for rework: not interesting)

Willow rework was Early-May (reason for rework: too weak)

I bet Woodie (and Lucy) are next, so maybe released around or even on Canada day (which is July 1st)

then after that I'm assuming Wendy (and Abby) rework is released on Friday the 13th of September; And no October 2019 doesn't have 13th on a Friday :(

Also they might speed up after the 4 new dst characters and here's the order after Wendy imo

Wicker, Wx-78, Wolfgang, Maxwell (after the UPC they are going to "try and fix" the OPC)

Wigfrid, Webber (either or)

Wes and Wilson (niche characters go last, cause they already serve there purpose)

3 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Wendy Webber Wilson Woodie or Wes

yea, Wendy Webber Wilson Woodie Wes Maxwell Wig Wicker Wolfgang or Wx. [

2 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

so maybe released around or even on Canada day (which is July 1st)

They said the next refresh is gonna be mid July(update news).

I'm thinking it's gotta be Woodie.  He's the other one whose change from singleplayer REALLY pissed people off, and whom most consider to be unfairly "nerfed". There's a reason one of the earlier character-fix mods is called "Twigs and Matches", after all--it's for Woodie and Willow!

(Also I wanna see if they continue the trend of blowing up a building at the end of every character-rework animation by having Woodie's sawmill former-place-of-employment burn down in a summer wildfire.  : P)

It'd be amazing if Woodie's rework actually DID come out on Canada Day.  Come on, Klei!  You can do it!  :D

...Notorious

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I'm thinking it's gotta be Woodie.  He's the other one whose change from singleplayer REALLY pissed people off, and whom most consider to be unfairly "nerfed". There's a reason one of the earlier character-fix mods is called "Twigs and Matches", after all--it's for Woodie and Willow!

(Also I wanna see if they continue the trend of blowing up a building at the end of every character-rework animation by having Woodie's sawmill former-place-of-employment burn down in a summer wildfire.  : P)

It'd be amazing if Woodie's rework actually DID come out on Canada Day.  Come on, Klei!  You can do it!  :D

...Notorious

i feel ether him or Wes who is literally pointless and hated more because unlike Woodie Wes has no good team perks at least Woodie does a good for the team even though its a downgrade 

6 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

True, this brutal force of the constant needs to be stop ! So far we only seen 10% of his true strength. Nerfs needs to come asap to prevent even more use of his power :o

(...) "So far we only seen 1% of his true strength" ...  :D 

4 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

then after that I'm assuming Wendy (and Abby) rework is released on Friday the 13th of September; And no October 2019 doesn't have 13th on a Friday :(

It would be cool, by the thematic ... but the big updates are usually released on Tuesdays.

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Wes who is literally pointless

Wes doesn't need to help the team! As a god, he should only be served and adored.

wes-stamp.png.4a2d1dc92a6311b50cbcfe47e5419636.png

And before I forget...
My bet is also: Woodie

But I'm hoping to be wrong and to be Wes's rework.

Nobody knows, but I think it will be Woodie. The only characters that the vast majority of players asked for a re-work were Willow and Woodie (because they were very weak, and still is for Woodie), and Winona (because she was a mary sue Wilson). We already got Willow and Winona, so it makes sense next one is Woodie.

The other one that makes sense, simply because it doesn't fit in a multi-player game, is Wes (or hard-difficulty Wilson). But the thing is, some people like Wes that way, so it is kinda hard to improve him without losing the challenge aspect. And that is why I don't think Wes is next.

Wx-78, i'm 98% positive

because we had Winona, then Willow. ANd look at this picture, from the 2019 roadmap post...what outlines do you see? Willow after Winona...and Wx-78 behind Willow. Since we got Willow after Winona, which follows this graphic, i imagine WX is next since he is pictured after Willow

characterrefresh_small.thumb.jpg.5c68cb0

9 minutes ago, Jynn said:

because we had Winona, then Willow. ANd look at this picture, from the 2019 roadmap post...what outlines do you see? Willow after Winona...and Wx-78 behind Willow. Since we got Willow after Winona, which follows this graphic, i imagine WX is next since he is pictured after Willow

Actually the 3º silhouette is one generic (was used in some things like Forge), but would be great anyways.

Just now, Tapirus said:

Actually the 3º silhouette is one generic (was used in some things like Forge), but would be great anyways.

ah, i thought it was him due to the claw-like hands, looks a lot like the triumphant wx.

i hope he's next though

20190509165533_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jynn said:

ah, i thought it was him due to the claw-like hands, looks a lot like the triumphant wx.

i hope he's next though

No problem, I hope that too to be honest.

Oh, that skin...

It´s very nice, reminds me to when I used to draw robots time ago. 

27 minutes ago, Jynn said:

Wx-78, i'm 98% positive

characterrefresh_small.thumb.jpg.5c68cb0

16 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Adding onto this:
I'm pretty sure Klei used this same silhouette somewhere in promo art (I think at a public event or something) and they specifically said that it was a generic placeholder.

Also, the silhouette has human ears, as opposed to WX's very prominent bolts.

yea i see that now =P i guess i was just confused because there is a very obvious willow, so i naturally thought the next in line was another actual character, and wx fit it best

Archived