Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

Much love to all of you at Klei for this. I enjoy the game in its current state tremendously, but I am guardedly optimistic about these changes.

I very much hope that Warly will be one of the remaining three new characters after Wortox. I do not think any other character unimplemented in DST already would do more than Warly to help round out the cast.

6 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

inb4 market prices suddenly increase for some reason.

my friend, we can not buy anything on the consoles, NOTHING! just depend on luck, it is with great sadness that I will give up something that was so important and I was so glad, it is not easy to uninstall a game that took more than 800 hours of my life, but as @JoeW said, there are things more important to them now, and they will leave us aside for a while, I will do the same

1 minute ago, Marco BR said:

my friend, we can not buy anything on the consoles, NOTHING! just depend on luck, it is with great sadness that I will give up something that was so important and I was so glad, it is not easy to uninstall a game that took more than 800 hours of my life, but as @JoeW said, there are things more important to them now, and they will leave us aside for a while, I will do the same

You should definitely take a break for awhile and try playing other games. By the time you come back you'll have a new found appreciation of the game and maybe Klei will have made the update you want. 

4 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

You should definitely take a break for awhile and try playing other games. By the time you come back you'll have a new found appreciation of the game and maybe Klei will have made the update you want. 

I will make that decision on my own, and for the disappointments, not for the countless times you asked me to stop playing, thank you!

2 hours ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

Paid DLC characters....ugh. Not sure that sits well in my stomach, brain or wallet. Yes, sure, it'll be weavable, but how much is it gonna cost to weave? If it's something absurd like 10K spool, i'm really not gonna appreciate that. I get the counterargument just fine, but still, uh, yikes. It's way too early to pitch a fit yet, I suppose, so instead i'll just hope that the weaving price isn't too painfully high. I definitely am not feeling dishing out whatever double-digit dollah-dollah it ends up being to get 4 characters that I will inevitably not use at all because i'm a horrendous Wendy main now and forever potentially not care much for, depending on how it plays out.

The rest of this is awesome. I am a lore fool, so any excuse to learn more about them characters is great.

Just curious, but how would you prefer to pay for the devs’ work?

2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Just curious, but how would you prefer to pay for the devs’ work?

I for one can only speculate those types of people want solely free stuff. And is funny because one would expect such mentality from try-hards that accumulated lots of spools during events by playing plentifully - which doesn't seem to be the case here. Sad thing is this kind of mentality is what in the end makes companies take the easy route: payed DLCs. And splitting the player-base.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

We're working on it, but content takes priority so we stopped working on it a little while so we can get our updates timed better. Now that we're on track we're getting back to allowing skins to be purchased on console.

38 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

What you just said makes me wonder if you read JoeW answer? What he said is that they left aside the purchase of skin so that they can get their update times back on track but in the future they plan on finally bringing the purchase of skin on console, not the other way around.

9 minutes ago, Bleksmits said:

Buying main game and suggesting game to friends?!

You bought the main game and got plenty of content. If you want more, the devs need to get paid to create it, and suggesting that other people buy the base game doesn’t compensate them for additional work.

This is going to be one of the hard lessons when you go out on your own, sooner or later. The world is not your parents and is not poised to give you free stuff—electricity, food, a place to sleep—just ‘cause you’re so you. Everybody has bills to pay, and if the people who work at Klei can’t do that, they’ll have to leave and go work someplace where they can. That means no more game content for you, me and everyone else. 

5 hours ago, Bigfoot said:
  1. Character RefreshesThe team also felt it was high time we gave our core cast some love (yes, we heard you). Over the course of the next year, we will be bestowing every character with revamped abilities, and give a glimpse into their backstory. Our goals here are to make each character unique, interesting and valuable in their own right and we expect this to be game changing in many ways.
  2. forum_newcharacter_small.jpg\
  3. Please give us your feedback and thoughts!
  1. My thread was listened to! Wooooo!
  2. 5b4c50277dbce_WortoxjoinshomeforInfiniteLosers.thumb.png.7066c46d5a4cf89a64f7ebfb4fbb2050.pngLooks like Wortox escaped the Home For Infinite Losers.
  3. um1.thumb.png.17398bddf190a69d0ca8e1b389505fd3.png

Just now, Charsis said:

@Bigfoot Wait, new characters will be for sale? How will that affect modding (what of them can be used for mods and what can't) and what about LAN connected worlds? Will you be able to play as those characters on a LAN server if you have them?

Oryginaly characters never had problems with modding, also i think if some1 have bought character he will have enable pick, when some1 havent bought he will have padlock and gray portrait.

8 minutes ago, Bleksmits said:

Buying main game and suggesting game to friends?!

That would be a 1-time deal for one product, not its expansions. You bought DST not its future expansive DLCs as well. Klei is nice enough (well there are other reasons too but won't go into that atm) to give DLC-type content for free, yet they cannot absolutely work for free. And good "word of mouth" publicity - although best type of publicity - isn't automatically translated into steady sales/income. Honestly I don't get why some people are getting so worked up regarding payed characters - but would be ok with payed DLCs. Pretty weird from my point of view..

17 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

This is going to be one of the hard lessons when you go out on your own, sooner or later. The world is not your parents and is not poised to give you free stuff—electricity, food, a place to sleep—just ‘cause you’re so you. Everybody has bills to pay, and if the people who work at Klei can’t do that, they’ll have to leave and go work someplace where they can. That means no more game content for you, me and everyone else. 

okay this is form episode how y getting your popularity in forums. I I.. understand now i am sorry...

Archived