Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

9 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Brand New Content

The team is now working on brand new content for Don’t Starve Together. Survivors will be able to travel to new lands with new biomes, creatures, and more. 

The first drop of this new content will come in mid-April, and we will continually be adding to the content every couple months afterward. As we said before, we think it’s important that everyone can play together and we don’t segregate our audience, so all of this content will be available for free to everyone!

Thank you for all work for this upcoming update Klei!
I'm so excited for all this XD

Character Refreshes
The team also felt it was high time we gave our core cast some love (yes, we heard you). Over the course of the next year, we will be bestowing every character with revamped abilities, and give a glimpse into their backstory. Our goals here are to make each character unique, interesting and valuable in their own right and we expect this to be game changing in many ways.

Starting in March with Winona, we will be releasing a character refresh once a month.

These character refreshes will again be free to all players, and we will be selling new skins for these characters on the month they are refreshed. 

In addition, the Triumphant, Guest of Honor and Survivor skin packs will be available to purchase for the character on that date. All owners of these skins prior to that date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with a higher unraveling value.

New Characters Enter the Fray
A fresh batch of four characters have been unwittingly ensnared and brought into the world. These new survivors will be released into the wild starting in Mid-March, and a new one will be released every 2 months.

We are still deciding the final price of these characters, but we currently think they will be $6.99 USD each, which includes a full character skin set. You will also be able to weave the characters with spool.

Since we do not want to charge players for the new world content, these new characters will be our main way to fund development of this new content.

I love this decision that Klei have conclude.. I think it is really fair and I would definitely buy those characters to support Klei more!
and Glimpse of their backstory is something that I already want to see for a long time, so thank you Klei for finally releasing it! I LOVE KLEI <3
This has been an amazing boost for me to looking forward to 2019!

1 hour ago, WheatyCat13 said:

super excited for the coming year with the new stuff. good thing I've hoarded 80 gnaw chests.  :3

shiny.png

You know all the stuff in those chests are locked to the drops from the gorge right? The drops inside are predetermined by the time you obtain them. You won't get anything new out of them.

1 hour ago, SandvichSpy said:

I'm hoping for more unimplemented characters as DLC. They've waited long enough for their time to shine.

image.png.d0323a2c0e9c572f2b40508262c9602c.png

However as much as he doesn't fit in I'm still saddened that Pyro is probably never gonna be officially implemented into the game. The idea that the devs even worked on him surprises and intrigues me.

Pyro Portrait

What about Wagstaff? 

"We think it’s important that everyone can play together and we don’t segregate our audience, so all of this content will be available for free to everyone!"

You're the best Klei.

No wonder you hit the "Top 10 Devs of the year 2018".

But I'll probably be at sea by April.

Gotta make a living for myself xD.

10 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You know all the stuff in those chests are locked to the drops from the gorge right? The drops inside are predetermined by the time you obtain them. You won't get anything new out of them.

yeah l know. dosen't matter if their are cause l've got everything from the event. plus; because i can.

15 minutes ago, WheatyCat13 said:

yeah l know. dosen't matter if their are cause l've got everything from the event. plus; because i can.

why hoard the chests? Just curious, since their contents never change

Hey, here's one more question for you @JoeW, if you're not overloaded already that is.

In the post, it mentions the paid characters including a "full character skin set," and I was wondering what this meant.

Does it mean it comes with like, a singular skin set? Or like, all the sets that have been released previously? Will these characters receive the same treatment that Max and Winona received? Oh, and would it be possible for their skins to drop? 

Okay, in retrospect, that's like four questions, but I think they're important enough to look into.

14 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

In the post, it mentions the paid characters including a "full character skin set," and I was wondering what this meant.

Does it mean it comes with like, a singular skin set?

I'd assume considering it reads as "a full character skin set" and not "the full character skin set," that it means a single one, but still might not be quite the case.

29 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Hey, here's one more question for you @JoeW, if you're not overloaded already that is.

Does it mean it comes with like, a singular skin set? Or like, all the sets that have been released previously? Will these characters receive the same treatment that Max and Winona received? Oh, and would it be possible for their skins to drop? 

Okay, in retrospect, that's like four questions, but I think they're important enough to look into.

It will be a new full set of skins for that one character. Same as if you bought a single character set during the events. I am not sure what you mean about "the same treatment" - and the rest is TBD.

Regarding previous questions about bundle pricing like a season pass, it's probably pretty likely but we don't know what that would look like right now so no promises there.  

Archived