Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

12 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Wilton would interest me just because of how that could interact with revival mechanics...

All I want for Christmas is... WILTON.ariel quiet.png

On 10/15/2016 at 6:35 AM, Arlesienne said:

To ship Ariel.

More like a buddy to share drinks with and wrestle with. Nothing romantic. :wilson_ecstatic:

I highly imagine @Weirdobob's headcanon of a playable character having a airhorn voice, which would fit Wilton for the meme. But probably not. :wilson_sneaky:

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2019 at 1:32 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Winnie is literally the spin-off-odd of Wigfrid...

It's just Wigfrid playing another role. I'm p sure the devs had concept ideas of doing exactly that (Wigfrid but playing another role) for Shipwrecked.

Also...good gravy what happened while I wasn't on this thread? :wilson_ecstatic:

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

@watermelen671 Mind animating the wormwood living log animation? I just noticed in the sprite sheet.

form_log.png.2be3db11a3f4af7d676c79439426218a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PriscaMitica said:

Can anyone provide the Iron Hulks damaging Shadow creatures animation? I've read about it in the wiki but never saw it.

Iron Hulks' smashing and beams are the attacks against the shadows. 

4 hours ago, cannonball 594 said:

Does this count as a lore thread because if it is then I’m gonna need people to examine the new Video frame by frame 

Uh...probably not...but I mean I can make the new short into a photo sequence and upload it.

Spoiler

It'll probably be over 1gb, so I'll have to upload it elsewhere...

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 12:09 PM, PriscaMitica said:

Can anyone provide the Iron Hulks damaging Shadow creatures animation? I've read about it in the wiki but never saw it.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:24 PM, axxel said:

Iron Hulks' smashing and beams are the attacks against the shadows. 

Never trust the wiki. It's got so many things wrong, and it's missing way to much content. 
Simple things such as it having the wrong Spider Ape damage, not having the Ballphin palace, and not having anything from Hamlet in the unimplemented section. Ugh.

From all my test, no, Iron Hulk does not have any unique animations for fighting shadows. I will check one final time in case, however.

• Thanks 5

22 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Never trust the wiki. It's got so many things wrong, and it's missing way to much content. 
Simple things such as it having the wrong Spider Ape damage, not having the Ballphin palace, and not having anything from Hamlet in the unimplemented section. Ugh.

The wiki is pretty bad, but it definitely has a page on ballphin palaces. https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Ballphin_Palace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Hey there, I just corrected the Spider Monkey's damage value, thanks for making us aware of that mistake. I'd also like to drop you a link to our Ballphin Palace page which has existed since September 2017. We also usually avoid adding information on unimplemented features to the respective article while the game/DLC is still in Early Access or actively developed. That would just double the work effort which is already huge considering how much and how fast things are changing for Hamlet and DST. However, our Unimplemented Features article still has sections for the Chicken, the Peekhen and the Snap Dragon.

You and anyone else of the talented, coding- or animation-proficient people in this thread are more than welcome to create a Wiki account and start contributing. It's not hard at all, it's actually quite fun. We're striving to become a content-complete, trustworthy resource, but it's a never-ending struggle and we can't do it without the community's help.

Edited by Mueck
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mueck said:

You and anyone else of the talented, coding- or animation-proficient people in this thread are more than welcome to create a Wiki account and start contributing. It's not hard at all, it's actually quite fun.

Yeah, sure. My friend kept uploading better quality, higher res pictures for thumnails in articles (Rhino guys from Forge for example) but someone kept switching them back to ugly ones, cropped from game iirc. Fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Yeah, sure. My friend kept uploading better quality, higher res pictures for thumnails in articles (Rhino guys from Forge for example) but someone kept switching them back to ugly ones, cropped from game iirc. Fun.

I was not aware of this disagreement at the time, but the issue seems to have been that the edited Rhinocebros image was missing parts of their feet.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

From all my test, no, Iron Hulk does not have any unique animations for fighting shadows. I will check one final time in case, however.

I think they glow red after killing them and thats it

Edited by Computer-7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mueck said:

Hey there, I just corrected the Spider Monkey's damage value, thanks for making us aware of that mistake. I'd also like to drop you a link to our Ballphin Palace page which has existed since September 2017. We also usually avoid adding information on unimplemented features to the respective article while the game/DLC is still in Early Access or actively developed. That would just double the work effort which is already huge considering how much and how fast things are changing for Hamlet and DST. However, our Unimplemented Features article still has sections for the Chicken, the Peekhen and the Snap Dragon.

You and anyone else of the talented, coding- or animation-proficient people in this thread are more than welcome to create a Wiki account and start contributing. It's not hard at all, it's actually quite fun. We're striving to become a content-complete, trustworthy resource, but it's a never-ending struggle and we can't do it without the community's help.

Ouch, I feel bad about my post now lol.

Sorry if I sounded a bit, hostile. Going through stuff. 

Anyhow, thanks for the Spider Monkey change, and I could've sworn at least a month ago the Ballphin stuff was never there, I'm shook'th.

I understand the unimplemented features thing, that would be annoying, but it's also a bit awkward seeing it so bare.
Now that you brought it up, I do remember the Chicken being in unimplemented, but a picture would be nice. I might get one for that.
I'll look into signing up, thanks for the calm response! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mueck said:

We're striving to become a content-complete, trustworthy resource, but it's a never-ending struggle and we can't do it without the community's help.

Well since we got Wiki guy here I also want to say somethin'.

Wormwood page used to have in Trivia section 2 points. One on how his living log crafting animation can be a reference to Avengers Infinity War. And another one on how both he and Wilba seem to originate from Constant rather than being captured by Maxwell.

Both of these were later deleted which suprises me as they both seem to be pretty acurate.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Wormwood page used to have in Trivia section 2 points. One on how his living log crafting animation can be a reference to Avengers Infinity War. And another one on how both he and Wilba seem to originate from Constant rather than being captured by Maxwell.

Both of these were later deleted which suprises me as they both seem to be pretty acurate.

I was the one who actually added that first one. Apparently we don't know if its FULLY confirmed that's what its referencing, and they need conformation from a developer or animator.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I deleted the trivia about Wilba and Wormwood not being captured by Maxwell because if you can play them in adventure mode then I'd say they were captured by Maxwell. In their case, instead of being taken from the real world they were taken from "Hamlet" and put into Maxwell's little section of the Constant. I guess what can be said in the Trivia is that they are the only two characters so far that came from the Constant, I might add that bit back.

1 hour ago, Omaremad74 said:

I was the one who actually added that first one. Apparently we don't know if its FULLY confirmed that's what its referencing, and they need conformation from a developer or animator.

I actually didn't have a problem with that trivia, so I'm gonna add it back with some rewording. I like bringing up cultural references but you gotta be careful, like you said, we often do not have confirmation from the devs. So use a lot of "maybe"s and "possible"s.

The feedback is very much appreciated, but let's not get too off-topic here, come on down to the wiki if you got any ideas, suggestions, or concerns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

21 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

So I am wrong? The only attacks the parts have are their smashings or beams, depending on the hulk part. 

So I am wrong? The only attacks the parts have are their smashings or beams, depending on the hulk part. 

6 minutes ago, axxel said:

You didn't have to quote me and repeat yourself 3 times. 
:?

Also, kind of. They do not have special animations for attacking shadows.

• Haha 3