Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

51 minutes ago, PriscaMitica said:

That's pretty sad. While I thought that datamined content would eventually run out, I didn't think it would be this soon. 

Most of the Times we have to wait for an update. Updates sometimes bring new stuff to datamine

• Like 2

On 2/19/2019 at 4:02 PM, Smitty Inc. said:

the reason why Wormwood doesn't have a red gem is because he didn't need life, the plant was always alive in the first place he just needed the knowledge from the green gem to do more things

This. I was confused by it being green at first too, but...
There was already a plant. The gem just made it more energetic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

This. I was confused by it being green at first too, but...
There was already a plant. The gem just made it more energetic.

Well I mean I know that Treeguards and Totally Normal Trees are probably related to Wormwood somehow, but I wonder if the green gem gave him a fully sentient consciousness, allowing him more capability than his sentient but limited in consciousness brethren.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well I mean I know that Treeguards and Totally Normal Trees are probably related to Wormwood somehow, but I wonder if the green gem gave him a fully sentient consciousness, allowing him more capability than his sentient but limited in consciousness brethren.

Well yeah. That's the most logical conclusion.

He's made out of living logs, that's how he can walk, talk and do stuff.

But it's the knowlege from the green gem that allows him to be conscious and act human

• Like 2

Slight issue with that though, Wormwood's gem isn't a green gem spesifically

In his portrait, his gem is a lighter shade of green, 'nor is it the right shape.

Spoiler

WormwoodGreen Gem

and in game, the shape is correct, but the color is still much brighter.

Spoiler

image.png.7bb7319e80acc341ae9f2348c56a0048.pngGreen Gem

Now normally I would write this off as just being inconsistant, However, considering that, to my knowledge, this would be the only instance where the gem gains a different color based on the application (bringing sentience to Wormwood).

In addition, It doesn't really line up with the gem's element. as has been said before, the orange gem seems more closely related to teleportation than it does to Sloth, And as Such, I believe that the green gem's element is actually efficiency, as it allows you reduce crafting costs, making your resource gathering more efficient, and allows you to break down structures and items for the full value as opposed only half, making it more efficient than the hammer.

though if the element is "labor", that would explain how wormwood came to form. the game gave him the strength to perform the labor, or something like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Slight issue with that though, Wormwood's gem isn't a green gem spesifically

In his portrait, his gem is a lighter shade of green, 'nor is it the right shape.

Reveal hidden contents

WormwoodGreen Gem

and in game, the shape is correct, but the color is still much brighter.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7bb7319e80acc341ae9f2348c56a0048.pngGreen Gem

Now normally I would write this off as just being inconsistant, However, considering that, to my knowledge, this would be the only instance where the gem gains a different color based on the application (bringing sentience to Wormwood).

In addition, It doesn't really line up with the gem's element. as has been said before, the orange gem seems more closely related to teleportation than it does to Sloth, And as Such, I believe that the green gem's element is actually efficiency, as it allows you reduce crafting costs, making your resource gathering more efficient, and allows you to break down structures and items for the full value as opposed only half, making it more efficient than the hammer.

though if the element is "labor", that would explain how wormwood came to form. the game gave him the strength to perform the labor, or something like that.

...if there's anything to my theory from way back during Metheus that most of the gems we see are 'Dark', ie flooded with Nightmare Fuel during the events shown in the puzzle, then Wormwood's gem could be a 'Light' one, more associated with whatever the """Moon""" is.
Especially with the other theory that Hamlet might actually be a glimpse into the past and all of these pleasant, proper pigs have been long-since-roasted in DST time/later canon.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Like 1

Wormwood's Gem has 5 corners on top

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190207224130

while Green Gem has 4 corners on top
latest?cb=20130626123307 latest?cb=20131114105635 latest?cb=20170514182655 

and to consider this all and all that has been talked about, No Gems in DS share any element with Plant life/Nature.
so maybe we might get to see a New Gem type in HAM,

Maybe Wormwood could even use the said gems to make clones of himself that act as lesser version of himself.

after all we do need more Gem type since the last ones were only found in Ruins.

Remember those pedestals in Secret Tomb Rooms?

they mostly have Gems on them so Klei must be planning to put new Gem types on them since.

Edited by MWY
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

That is also a good point, And as for making clones of himself, I'd wager they'd be more like an upgrade to the meat effigy. Kinda weird that those work for him in the first place, since, you know, He's made of wood. Though to be fair the same applies to WX.

Yes, maybe wormwood could you know, Replant himself anywhere around where he has Planted these Gems, allowing him to have multiple respawn points.

Like seeds of himself that he can Regrow out of if his current Body dies.

I've heard of such abilities of Plant based Life forms before.

Edited by MWY
  • Like 1

Just now, MWY said:

Yes, maybe wormwood could you know, Replant himself anywhere around where he has Planted these Gems, allowing him to have multiple respawn points.

or he could use them as a fast travel system. Breaking down and leaving a green gem at his feet (roots?), and then re=growing wherever another gem was planted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

or he could use them as a fast travel system. Breaking down and leaving a green gem at his feet (roots?), and then re=growing wherever another gem was planted.

Yes indeed, as of right now Purple Gems are available to all characters at minimum cost which can be used mostly for Teleportation with Telelocator.

Wormwood will have these Gems instead since the Telelocator sets fire to whatever is teleporated with a Lightning strike which Wormwood being a Plant can die from too easily. 

Edited by MWY
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MWY said:

Yes indeed, as of right now Purple Gems are available to all characters at minimum cost which can be used mostly for Teleportation with Telelocator.

Wormwood will have these Gems instead since the Telelocator sets fire to whatever is teleporated with a Lightning strike which Wormwood being a Plant can die from too easily. 

wait, now that you mention it, Can Wormwood eat Ice to self-extinguish? because if so, Using an insulated pack/keeping some ice wrapped up in bundling wrap could be a legitimate strategy for him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

wait, now that you mention it, Can Wormwood eat Ice to self-extinguish? because if so, Using an insulated pack/keeping some ice wrapped up in bundling wrap could be a legitimate strategy for him

maybe, tho he can just use Ice on himself to extinguish himself like ice is used to do so normally.

Edited by MWY
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MWY said:

Wormwood's Gem has 5 corners on top

Hide contents

latest?cb=20190207224130

while Green Gem has 4 corners on top
latest?cb=20130626123307 latest?cb=20131114105635 latest?cb=20170514182655 

who said the gem cut matters? the red gem has the same as green so judging by the fact that its a little lighter its either a different gem or wormwood makes it lighter somehow. 

2 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

That is also a good point, And as for making clones of himself,

a61c2552289817.5baf9e4d803fb.jpg

Seeing Wormwood make little babies featured from here would be adorable.:wilson_ecstatic:

2 hours ago, Osbalop said:

The green gem´s element is labour while the orange gem´s element is sloth That is why winona dislikes the orange gem, she is obsessed with work.

Eyyy, green is my favorite color. No wonder I like it.:wilson_sneaky:

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

@watermelen671 in case you're bored. Werewilba got some new animations 

@watermelen671 I need a ref of her transformation animation and some Ro Bin animations of opening its mouth and side and frontal poses.

Wait, what new animations?:wilson_shocked:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1