Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

16 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

who said the gem cut matters? the red gem has the same as green so judging by the fact that its a little lighter its either a different gem or wormwood makes it lighter somehow. 

it matters because all the Gems used in DS are of old design from 5 years ago.

there has got to be either New Gem Recipes in DS or New Gems instead which isn't a bad thing.

55 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wait, what new animations?:wilson_shocked:

I guess not so much "new" as "finished".

Her old transformation was her kneeling, spazzing out and trying to howl because it was cut. It looked pretty unfinished.

Right now her changing animation is much more polished and, what I personaly like, right after changing she sits still for like a second then opens her eyes and (I think) smiles. Right after that she does a long howl and music kicks in with it which looks really cool.

Her old attack/do stuff animation was her slashing with only 1 hand. Now she swings 1 hand and then another, like a swimmer.

Her transformation back to Wilba also looks more polished.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I guess not so much "new" as "finished".

Her old transformation was her kneeling, spazzing out and trying to howl because it was cut. It looked pretty unfinished.

Right now her changing animation is much more polished and, what I personaly like, right after changing she sits still for like a second then opens her eyes and (I think) smiles. Right after that she does a long howl and music kicks in with it which looks really cool.

Her old attack/do stuff animation was her slashing with only 1 hand. Now she swings 1 hand and then another, like a swimmer.

Her transformation back to Wilba also looks more polished.

Man.. that sounds really awesome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

@watermelen671 in case you're bored. Werewilba got some new animations 

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Wait, what new animations?:wilson_shocked:

Don't forget Wormwood. 

He's got a new slightly longer compost healing animation. It's kind of the same as before, but now he pulls the compost out of his pockets, looks at it, and then rubs himself with the feecess he's ever so proud of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MWY said:

Wormwood's Gem has 5 corners on top

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20190207224130

while Green Gem has 4 corners on top
latest?cb=20130626123307 latest?cb=20131114105635 latest?cb=20170514182655

If I may present a rebuttal:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/d/de/Ancient_Face_Gemmed.png/revision/latest?cb=20130913022000

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/9/96/Blue_Gem.png/revision/latest?cb=20130701012123https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/9/92/Chilled_Amulet.png/revision/latest?cb=20130626095619

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/9/92/Red_Gem.png/revision/latest?cb=20140327080757https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/1/15/Night_Light_Build.png/revision/latest?cb=20131205165148

This game plays pretty loose with the gem shaping. Wormwood also mentions green gems looking familiar.
Good idea with the pedestals, though. I like the concept of something happening with gems.

...come to think of it...
Don't we have what looks to be a lighter variant of another already existing gem in this same DLC?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/4/47/Regal_Scepter.png/revision/latest?cb=20181024202915
Are Light purple gems even allowed? Something tells me They would go ballistic over it.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Don't we have what looks to be a lighter variant of another already existing gem in this same DLC?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/4/47/Regal_Scepter.png/revision/latest?cb=20181024202915
Are Light purple gems even allowed? Something tells me They would go ballistic over it.

I think the tip of the royal staff looks kind of like a rock egg, and that is why the BFB stole it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yukanur said:

found in HAM file
quackette.png.951cdf8d6937d56c4caffca40cfbcd21.png

14 minutes ago, Maslak said:

This thing has been posted before, I don't really remember what it was though. Some SW related thing iirc, looks like Quacken

Yes, it's rather old and unused right now. It's been discussed here before. It's a "Quacken Child."

• Like 4

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

@watermelen671 sorry for the extra requests but mind posting both the spider monkey and boarilla rolls? I wanted to do a pun but I can't find the gif.:wilsondisappointed:

Sorry if you know this, but the Spider Gorilla doesn't roll in game. It's just got animations, which if I'm correct, are slightly unfinished.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Sorry if you know this, but the Spider Gorilla doesn't roll in game. It's just got animations, which if I'm correct, are slightly unfinished.

It just nicks the Boarilla's animations, that's why it rolls.

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Its actually Quackette.

If the Quacken wore the Super Crown...

Sweaty-Pilot-Airplane.gif.b9f6faed36a36b1d04e2cd6a400486aa.gif

Also I'll get on that @minespatch

4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

unknown.png

quackette.thumb.gif.6687f5abd4293da273be281b95ab82ed.gif

Spoiler

I actually prefer my derpy lil one more...

quackette.png.5f14732b469f994fd568c8f29045e27c.png

Adorable. :wilson_love:

Edited by watermelen671
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, minespatch said:

@watermelen671 sorry to be a bother again but if I can get a gif of the normal pigman dance(the dance they do when they're idling) that'd be great. The gif on the wiki is not transparent and clear(it's a screencap type of gif).

You mean this animation?

Spoiler

pipton_dance.gif.69b053602a8769fcc0f83ef95ec3e0aa.gif

Obviously with the Pigmen instead of Pipton.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

You mean this animation?Obviously with the Pigmen instead of Pipton.

Yes, but I'd still like to see the pigman version.:wilson_smile:

Oh man, that's cute. Makes me wish that if the Gorge gets a second season, Mumsy, Billiam, Sammy, and Pipton do that lil' dance while they're idling. Reminds me of the trailer.

• Like 1