[Game Update] - 287450

V2C

• Developer
  • Search for a unique Moon Rock Boulder that falls during Meteor showers to discover new Celestial crafting.
  • Twitch item drops will be available to streamers and viewers.
  • Character clothing selection screens updated to use new collection UI.
  • Profile icons now used in chat and player status screen.
  • Sort functionality added to item collection screens.
  • Improved server listing performance.
  • Server names and descriptions can now be hidden locally.
  • Klei dedicated servers now have their own icon in the Browse Games screen.
  • Added folder_name to modinfo environment, to allow for easier modder debugging.
  • Long running dedicated servers will now properly backup logs periodically.

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Can we  get a  LOCKED item feature to prevent accidental "unravel".     I keep seeing the unravel button whenever I'm selecting things like my profile icons and clothes etc.

Please have some sort of protection in place to prevent players   clicking Unravel.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, RonEmpire said:

Can we  get a  LOCKED item feature to prevent accidental "unravel".     I keep seeing the unravel button whenever I'm selecting things like my profile icons and clothes etc.

Please have some sort of protection in place to prevent players   clicking Unravel.

I second this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

@PeterA we wrote an "unravel all but X" function for Hot Lava to use, it's idempotent so even if the user clicks 8 times it still leaves you with the expected number of skins. Letting people unravel duplicated items by default and requiring confirmation to unravel the last one might solve the problem they're having?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Uhh so now you can't set different costumes on different heads?

Because before you could lock a particular skin set for each of your heads. Did they remove this feature?

Looks like they did but you can get used to it

I can get used to this very well

Also you can now change characters with the new spawn gate and moon idol

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, minespatch said:

You could always make a suggest thread to get the older skin mechanic back combined with the new one.

This seems like a bug. I can't see why they'd change it, unless they gave us an option to save a loadout instead, which they didn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, Alarsin said:

Because before you could lock a particular skin set for each of your heads. Did they remove this feature?

That's correct, that feature has been removed. It caused the interface to be needlessly confusing for users setting up clothing and then changing heads (as it then would reset the clothing back to the clothes for that head). Instead we're looking at making an actual outfits/favourites save system, which is what the clothing per head idea was roughly trying to emulate.

Thanks for the feedback about that functionality.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

I haven't played new update yet so I still have hope and expectations.

This moon-portal better be a start to New Reign-like chain of updates that'll introduce new biomes, creatures, a lot of new content and expand lore about ,,moon".

Because if this is another "Hey we added 1 new item (that's also useless if you play solo" kind of update I'm going to be very disappointed

• Thanks 1

@V2C, @PeterA The chat and Woodie has some issues you guys might want to look into.

1. Chat
People said something in chat and it no longer vanishes after a while. I have to press Y and then Esc and it vanishes but after a while it shows up again with some weird stuff like in the image.

2. Woodie
i was playing on Slurtle Slime to see the new stuff and a Woodie guy who was with me turned into beaver form when the full moon came and all I could see was his belt or something. I've seen this bug before here, here or here (you can do more searches for the issue I guess). Now the kicker is that he also died shortly and all I could see what some small beam of light. I tried to rescue him but to no avail. Asked him if he can see his body and he said he's next to me.

Edit: He had only Skirt and Blazer skin and rest where default.

Edited by cezarica
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, twitchgabo said:

What do I do with the celestial orb?

image.png

It's a portable crafting station similar to how the codex umbra works. The problem is how the game handles additional tabs, so when you have all recipes unlocked like that, all the temporary tabs are overlapped in the same spot.

• Thanks 1

Another issue I just noticed with this update is that On a Linux dedicated server the Caves shard for some reason doesn't connect to Master shard and all cave entrances show up as plugged. Restarted (shutdown and start back up) the shards and still no connection between them.

[00:00:08]: [Shard] Connecting to master...
[00:00:08]: Telling Client our new session identifier: 923BF8ABCD612549
[00:00:08]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.
[00:00:09]: Reset() returning
[00:00:09]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(8768, 11003, 27019)
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 322330
[00:00:09]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init success
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[7] <-> 1[7] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[4] <-> 1[4] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[6] <-> 1[6] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[10] <-> 1[10] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[3] <-> 1[3] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[8] <-> 1[8] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[1] <-> 1[1] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[5] <-> 1[5] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[2] <-> 1[2] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[9] <-> 1[9] (inactive)
[00:00:10]: Gameserver logged on to Steam, assigned SteamID [A:1:2768805892:11120]
[00:00:11]: [Shard] Sending slave information to master...
[00:00:14]: [Shard] Registering in lobby as a slave server...
[00:00:14]: Best lobby region is aws/EU (ping 42); returning lobby-eu.kleientertainment.com
[00:00:15]: [Shard] Error while registering slave server: NOT_IN_DB
Edited by cezarica