Fake "Klei Official" servers?

12 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

This is why Klei should re-use the gold server names they had from the ANR beta. I fear that these fake Klei official servers could cause some issues if people really believe these are real.

So much agreed. We should be able to determine surely whether a "Klei Official" is truly a server hosted by Klei.

• Developer
On 04/09/2018 at 8:10 AM, cezarica said:

There should be a report server button or something somewhere.. I think I saw something but don't remember where. :S

I think it wound up being hidden in the UI, because people who didn't have language mods for their language were clicking it trying to join a server. A lot.

8 hours ago, hhh2 said:

yeah why are fake official servers a problem?

If an admin of a fake official server causes problems, then people will think it's Klei's fault. Even when it's not. I feel like a bad experience like this could easily cause new players to stop playing the game as a whole. Now this might not happen, but the fact of the matter is that impersonation like this will never lead to anything good. It'll only lead to trouble.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:53 PM, Electroely said:

image.png.88b48800944140fe8e8251d4e8077d35.pngfun

This is the server equivalent of a shady trenchcoat guy in a alley pulling in a sucker... Or Maxwell to Wilson in the Origin trailer.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

This is why Klei should re-use the gold server names they had from the ANR beta. I fear that these fake Klei official servers could cause some issues if people really believe these are real.

Have people suggested that in the suggestions section of this site? I've been busy trying to get through notifications not to notice.

20 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

What would you have to gain from making this? I mean, you just spend time on something to get it taken down really, why not just make a normal server?

People ( mostly new ones ) join the officials :

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

If an admin of a fake official server causes problems, then people will think it's Klei's fault. Even when it's not. I feel like a bad experience like this could easily cause new players to stop playing the game as a whole. Now this might not happen, but the fact of the matter is that impersonation like this will never lead to anything good. It'll only lead to trouble.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Have people suggested that in the suggestions section of this site? I've been busy trying to get through notifications not to notice.

I've suggested it in the past at least once already (no idea where it's at though). This isn't the first instance of fake "official" servers being brought up on the forums. The post about it here got a like from Nome, so it might be considered. At the very least, the idea was acknowledged by a dev, and that's good enough for me at this point.