[Game Update] - 287450

V2C

Hi,

Since the update things have moved around a bit. Where do I generate a server account token?

I used to just go into DST, go into Account and then the screen automatically came up with server account token info and a button which said 'generate account token', i would click that and a new server account token would be generated...

But since this update I cant see any server account token info or an option to generate new ones.

Where can I find it?

57 minutes ago, SoLetMeGo said:

Hi,

Since the update things have moved around a bit. Where do I generate a server account token?

I used to just go into DST, go into Account and then the screen automatically came up with server account token info and a button which said 'generate account token', i would click that and a new server account token would be generated...

But since this update I cant see any server account token info or an option to generate new ones.

Where can I find it?

When you have clicked on Account in the main menu you select Games in the opening window. There you should see DST listed and a "Servers" Button. There you can generate your tokens.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cezarica said:

Another issue I just noticed with this update is that On a Linux dedicated server the Caves shard for some reason doesn't connect to Master shard and all cave entrances show up as plugged. Restarted (shutdown and start back up) the shards and still no connection between them

Spoiler

[00:00:08]: [Shard] Connecting to master...
[00:00:08]: Telling Client our new session identifier: 923BF8ABCD612549
[00:00:08]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.
[00:00:09]: Reset() returning
[00:00:09]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(8768, 11003, 27019)
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 322330
[00:00:09]: [Steam] SteamGameServer_Init success
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[7] <-> 1[7] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[4] <-> 1[4] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[6] <-> 1[6] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[10] <-> 1[10] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[3] <-> 1[3] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[8] <-> 1[8] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[1] <-> 1[1] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[5] <-> 1[5] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[2] <-> 1[2] (inactive)
[00:00:09]: Validating portal[9] <-> 1[9] (inactive)
[00:00:10]: Gameserver logged on to Steam, assigned SteamID [A:1:2768805892:11120]
[00:00:11]: [Shard] Sending slave information to master...
[00:00:14]: [Shard] Registering in lobby as a slave server...
[00:00:14]: Best lobby region is aws/EU (ping 42); returning lobby-eu.kleientertainment.com
[00:00:15]: [Shard] Error while registering slave server: NOT_IN_DB

Wait a sec... That's what the whole hullabaloo that linux had a controversy for??? "slave master" word usage? Sheesh.

Speaking of the current controversy, if people haven't screwed up the code yet, hopefully that's why you're not having a problem. Just something I noticed.

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's a portable crafting station similar to how the codex umbra works. The problem is how the game handles additional tabs, so when you have all recipes unlocked like that, all the temporary tabs are overlapped in the same spot.

Solution is scrolling with mouse wheel with cursor on top of them.

16 hours ago, V2C said:

Character clothing selection screens updated to use new collection UI

Have you considered extending the selection screen to in-game wardrobe? The current in-game wardrobe follows the older system, though it does look difficult to implement aesthetically. These are the comparisons between the two as of the latest update.

20180927231928_1.jpg

20180927235824_1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, nome said:

@PeterA we wrote an "unravel all but X" function for Hot Lava to use, it's idempotent so even if the user clicks 8 times it still leaves you with the expected number of skins. Letting people unravel duplicated items by default and requiring confirmation to unravel the last one might solve the problem they're having?

Unraveling duplicate by default  NO.    What if people want to put the item on the Market or just simply trade with their friends.

So NO to auto unravel.

Confirmation yes-  BUT   it's also easy to accidently hit unravel and yes as well by habbit.    After  a while you have a habbit of doing unravel and yes.  and then it becomes accidental out of habbit.     I certainly have done this with other games that have  confirmation popups.   especially on touch based games.

Locking feature  is a bit more uncommon and it says I want to make sure I never accidently unravel.

So PLEASE add in a LOCK icon.   People don't habitually click on lock and unlock for unraveling. 

Confirmation is nice but  it can be come habitual- reflex.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Unraveling duplicate by default  NO.    What if people want to put the item on the Market or just simply trade with their friends.

So NO to auto unravel.

During the events where you get tons of duplicates, you cannot even trade or sell the items, lol.

I understand not enabling this by default, but as an option players could opt into? Yes please.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

So NO to auto unravel.

If there were any auto-unraveling mechanism, I think it were work only with event items, which cannot be traded or sold. I also doubt that such a mechanism were added by default. Maybe as an option, in which case the user would willingly activate it.

• Developer

I was actually talking about a different sense of "by default". Specifically that when you try to unravel things then by default it only unravels your duplicates, and unravelling the last of something requires a special confirmation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I find it a little detrimental that when you change your character now, it despawns you, dropping your items. While that's great, there's also something to keep in mind for people eager to jump in and change their character.

You will be despawned, meaning all progress you've made character-wise in the world is wiped

All the map progress you've made and known recipes will be set back to square one. Now you might just think "Well then all I need to do is craft a map beforehand, easy" but bare in mind, with all recipe knowledge removed,

All rare recipes are forgotten as well , Such as toadstool blueprints, dragonfly blueprints, oasis & antlion blueprints, beequeen blueprints, along with potentially other rare blueprints from things that elude my mind at the moment. This is a big issue and honestly I think Klei should make so any rare recipes will drop as blueprints when you despawn as well. You could argue "But then someone could run up and take them" but that goes for the rest of your inventory.

If I was to make a suggestion, I would make it so the way you change your character itself is changed- somehow find a way to not need to despawn the player but be able to change them into another character. Like changing clothes in a wardrobe, only it is an agonizingly painful disassembly of all of your cells and then reassembly into the form of someone else. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Auth said:

I find it a little detrimental that when you change your character now, it despawns you, dropping your items. While that's great, there's also something to keep in mind for people eager to jump in and change their character.

You will be despawned, meaning all progress you've made character-wise in the world is wiped

The devs said in the stream that they are considering how this should be done to be balanced and are working on it, however as of now it only despawns the character. So I expect it to change in the future.

Also, the main goal was to provide a way to do this without having to use commands (thing that isn't possible for most players). Now that the option is available for all players, it's normal that we have request to make it more convenient, but it wasn't the main goal.

Just now, Nurtemms said:

Alright, cool. Did they state where to find it? I assume it falls during a meteor showing right?

Exactely. Look for a moonrock meteor that look a bit different than the usual. I'm not sure how soon it should spawn, but during the first few meteor rains if I remember correctly.

• Thanks 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Exactely. Look for a moonrock meteor that look a bit different than the usual. I'm not sure how soon it should spawn, but during the first few meteor rains if I remember correctly.

it will spawn between the first moon rock meteor and the third(ie 1 2 or 3), but its guaranteed by the third moonrock spawn

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2018 at 12:26 AM, PeterA said:

That's correct, that feature has been removed. It caused the interface to be needlessly confusing for users setting up clothing and then changing heads (as it then would reset the clothing back to the clothes for that head). Instead we're looking at making an actual outfits/favourites save system, which is what the clothing per head idea was roughly trying to emulate.

Thanks for the feedback about that functionality.

It would have been nice if Klei added this to the patchnotes. I thought this was a bug until I read the forums.

Edited by Dreamscape18459
misclick and posted before I intended to
  • Thanks 3

I definitely agree that with Special Events where the items can't be sold on market or traded  should be automatically unravel duplicates.    This should just occur during the opening of the chest, or at the end of the opening it says duplicates unraveled or something. spools gained.

Gonna reiterate that I'm advocating for a "LOCKED" item feature button.   Simple icon that has a lock and unlock toggle to it.

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 1