[Game Update] - 278302

• Developer
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when pressing backspace in an input text box.
  • Starting base no longer has two obsidian tiles. They are now all sandstone.
  • Fixed a liquid leak that could occur when trying to spawn liquid into a solid cell.
  • Transformer should now actually require refined metal.
  • Mesh doors can now be entombed and can also be dug out.
  • Storage building art now reflects whether the building is marked for sweep only.
  • Critter feeders/dropoff locations no longer allow the sweep only setting.
  • Solid doors only allow sand to fall through them if they are sideways.
  • Deconstructing POI windows no longer gives neutronium - more POI objects in general are deconstructable to prevent blocking people's bases.
  • Added missing wallpaper tile to POI.
  • LoreBearer no longer tries to access out of range flavour string.
  • Rooms no longer require a door to be a room.
  • Duplicants drink from the water cooler instead of just standing by it.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when hovering thought bubbles/progress bars in certain overlays.
  • Minglers peridoically walk to a new position.
  • Duplicants will now go to their friend's grave to mourn them.

View full update

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Deconstructing POI windows no longer gives neutronium - more POI objects in general are deconstructable to prevent blocking people's bases.

This is something that's been a sore point for me for a long time, so thank you for finally making this change.

13 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

More are de-constructable????

This is great.  I was forced use enable sandbox just so I could delete those copper doors in the oil biome which were overheating.

9 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

I deconstructed the tiles around my AETN!

Which is nice since you can get the connection closer to the inlet to avoid too much H2 when your automation turns off a valve

55 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Starting base no longer has two obsidian tiles. They are now all sandstone.

I like this change very much, why not go a step further an add an additional light emitting tile to make give the portal a symmetrical light source^^

• Like 3

@Cheerio

Ugh, getting a pretty consistent crash during wake up, wasn't getting this before.  Not sure why.  Tried to make sure all my actions are the same for as close as possible to wake up. 

… and of course, as soon as I'm prepared to make the save as tight as possible, it doesn't black hole.  Well there's a black hole report out there for Lab - W3 - EOW that was hitting pretty repeatedly... until I try to make it happen when I'm ready for it..

16 minutes ago, CDoroFF said:

Littlebit not obvious for me. Just 2 tiles wide/height hole in a wall is a border for room now?

No. Fully enclosed room without door (with tube access, for example) now considered room. Early you need to place door in such rooms, even if you do not need it

Edited by Prince Mandor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Duplicants drink from the water cooler instead of just standing by it.

Could I ask whats the reason behind picking the specific amount of ~0,5Kg water  ?

(If we assume that duplicants are smaller humanoids at ~30Kg, so 1Kg of water would seem more realistic and easier to handle. Or at least show the amount of water more accurate, so I can see how many times a water cooler was used already)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

21 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Could I ask whats the reason behind picking the specific amount of ~0,5Kg water  ?

(If we assume that duplicants are smaller humanoids at ~30Kg, so 1Kg of water would seem more realistic and easier to handle. Or at least show the amount of water more accurate, so I can see how many times a water cooler was used already)

my guess would be that 2 dupes, both use a 250ml disposable cup while they chat about how awful the current working conditions are and how the workers should go on strike, but then dupe number 3 walks by and reminds them what happened to Meep and then the break ends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Duplicants will now go to their friend's grave to mourn them.

Damn. Now I have to kill somebody to see that....

OK, so here is how it seems to work: The dupes go to the grave, have a cry and then they are not mourning anymore. Funnily, the "new friend" buff stays. So a new option for stress reduction is to kill a newly printed dupe. Unfortunately, it is not an option to make clean water, unlike the "ugly crier" stress response.

Seems to be buggy at the moment though, I had all dupes freeze several times during this and needed to save&reload.

Edited by Gurgel
additioonal info
  • Sad 1

Im having a pretty serious problem where all of my dupes will just freeze in place, and not move... ever; even if you tell them to. Its happened to me ~5 Times already tonight. Game doesnt crash, they just all stand in spot until they either suffocate or starve to death.

10 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Duplicants drink from the water cooler instead of just standing by it

Hey guys ... Dupes should drink water always! Should be a new requirement from now on.

Dupes should require both water and food.

Water should be specialized as in they can drink filtered water only.

• Like 1