omg! WHAT IS THIS!?

iZNjqbn.jpg

i usually hate ruins bcoz i cant remove them but this is something, a blueprint of the printer, a degree and a statue of what looks like a DNA?

actually i was kinda expecting a new ruin on the surface but this one is inside an ice biome near the top
this is something Lore related

2 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

iZNjqbn.jpg

i usually hate ruins bcoz i cant remove them but this is something, a blueprint of the printer, a degree and a statue of what looks like a DNA?

actually i was kinda expecting a new ruin on the surface but this one is inside an ice biome near the top
this is something Lore related

Its called a printer. Seems its not available on all maps (as per one of the updates in the game's patch notes). No Idea what it does though. Maybe it duplicates anything put in? or it copies properties from many duplicants and clones a new one with all of their properties and skills?

It's a mansion, it has a chandelier! I've watched mtv cribs years ago so I know what I'm talking about... if I learned one thing then chandelier = mansion :wilson_laugh:

Very fancy klei! Spending those dupe-dollarbills ;D where's the champagne? :wilson_laugh:

Cheers 

It looks like the penthouse office of a major monopolistic corporation.  Gravitas, perhaps?  Really, look at it.

Entrance to the office suite on the left, with the fancy door.  Seating for visitors to wait their turn.  Fancy statue of overwhelming size to impose upon the visitor, both of the splendor they are witnessing and of their place relative to it.  Ostentatious chandelier continues the theme.  Blueprints available for viewing, to grab the visitor's interest and demonstrate what the corporation does and how participating would be beneficial.  Desk with computer terminal for the receptionist to ignore the visitor from, until it becomes their turn.  Elevator to bring the lowly visitor up to the office itself, up to his level, to bask in his eminence.

This PoI was certainly a labor of love for whoever put it together, and clearly had a very specific theme what it is trying to convey (which it clearly does very well).  But that said....  it's MASSIVE, and doesn't look like it does anything.  Which is depressing, to say the least.  Especially since it most likely replaced a Geyser, or an AETN.

im feeling theres a story behind that penthouse/mansion/whatever, if you look at the electronic display of a tool there is a missing wall, i think it broke, oxygen got out, everyone died, Lore stuff

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Why the out of Jontext summons 'spatch? 5b1c50c409a12_realthought.png.65a94f9be210f2af75fef73bd8f05826.png

I linked them to your thread yesterday and we joked about how the final part to ONI would be that the Dupes are basically amiibo-sized ants who live in the Invisible Inc universe/:wilson_ecstatic:

Archived