omg! WHAT IS THIS!?

16 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Gravitas, perhaps?  Really, look at it.

Pretty sure that is what it was called when I looked at it on the files, also it is the only POI in the surface biome so it shouldn't affect the geysers

42 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Pretty sure that is what it was called when I looked at it on the files, also it is the only POI in the surface biome so it shouldn't affect the geysers

Yes, Surface.yaml text:

Spoiler

pointsOfInterest:
    gravitas:
      - poi_gravitas 

My question is...why would they put schematics of their simulation...into their simulation?

Did they do it so that the dupes could suddenly become aware of what their existence is.

Spoiler

And then they get the status Existential Crisis

"It sure is hard to work when you have the looming knowledge that your life isn't real and everything you do amounts to nothing..."

-5 to all stats

I think the ultimate idea is that

Spoiler

there was some sort of cataclysm predicted, and Gravitas was attempting to find either a solution or an escape.  They weren't done testing the escape yet (transfer to a moonbase to avoid the problem altogether), when there was a horrible, horrible accident with the intended solution.  This caused the cataclysm to come early and destroy everything.  Somehow or other, the incomplete escape test became active after the fact, and we have 3 Dupes tumbling out of the Printer Pod.

34 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

My question is...why would they put schematics of their simulation...into their simulation?

Maybe it's not just a simulation, it's a simulation, of a simulation, inside another simulation!

Archived