Give us a beta

There’s a famous experiment where scientists took a bunch of three year olds and put a marshmallow in front of them. They told them that if they could resist eating the marshmallow for five minutes, they could get two marshmallows. Then they followed the kids through the years, and all the kids who were able to wait long enough to get two marshmallows did much, much better in life than the ones who could not resist immediate gratification. 

So think of this all as a learning experience and a chance for you to practice your patience skills. Probably just as important to learn as anything in your exams.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

There’s a famous experiment where scientists took a bunch of three year olds and put a marshmallow in front of them. They told them that if they could resist eating the marshmallow for five minutes, they could get two marshmallows. Then they followed the kids through the years, and all the kids who were able to wait long enough to get two marshmallows did much, much better in life than the ones who could not resist immediate gratification. 

So think of this all as a learning experience and a chance for you to practice your patience skills. Probably just as important to learn as anything in your exams.

So you are suggesting that players who want the beta their life won't be as succesful as the patient players?:o?

4 minutes ago, axxel said:

So you are suggesting that players who want the beta their life won't be as succesful as the patient players?:o?

Beta is there to test not to only play and have fun thats why people who played Forge beta didn't get to keep skins 

Just now, I.E.L said:

Beta is there to test not to only play and have fun thats why people who played Forge beta didn't get to keep skins 

It was not my intention to take the comment seriously. But I understand people who want to take a peek in the new content. But I'm not sure why did you quote me? Nobody shows a terrible demanding behaviour, they has just wish for a beta to test it. Nobody is saying that beta testing is not fun.

Just now, axxel said:

It was not my intention to take the comment seriously. But I understand people who want to take a peek in the new content. But I'm not sure why did you quote me? Nobody shows a terrible demanding behaviour, they has just wish for a beta to test it. Nobody is saying that beta testing is not fun.

I never sayed that that beta is not allowing to have fun i'm saying that beta is to test things out and I even want a beta but if Klei doesn't want a beta and they think that the update will work and players don't have to test it then there will be no beta I would also love to play the update today or tommrow but Klei has teased us a lot already showed when the update will come out and we know a lot of things from the detaminers so I and other players can happily wait for the 14th of June

I think this is like economics.

You and a friend have X number of dollars each. You both want the same thing, a computer. You are impatient and buy a computer direcly, getting a good computer. Your friend waits a year and get a better computer for the same price(or the same computer but for less money).

You might also spend money only for you to get bills for other things that you need to pay = you are going to get problems paying for them = you are most likely going to be in dept while if your friend waits and pays for it he/she wont get any problem, sure no pc but wont have any economical problems.

(Only one example).

Beta too early = unplayable game or different things missing(because they are not added yet) or something else. Beta is for testing. Sure it might be playable but it is much better to wait until they(Klei) can fix the bugs they know about. During beta it is us players who can find other bugs that a developer might not notice, it can also be for testing the servers if they can handle the amount of players or other things.

The thing is, next week I am going to have an exam and then I'm done(only 1 exam on Tuesday which is great :D and others migh have several next week and other have this week and other might have the week after you have exams etc etc.

The event is going to stay for a couple of weeks and remember, it is soon the end of the semester = no school soon.

I don't know how long it is going to stay but I think it is safe to say it is going to be about the same lengh as The Forge(that was almost 5 weeks!, was going to be less but they gave us more time)

I sadly will have some problems, my laptop is old and gets overheated when playing games BUT I might be able to play on another laptop or on my father's PC(not a gaming pc but DST should be playable on it without any problems...I hope).

46 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

I think this is like economics.

You and a friend have X number of dollars each. You both want the same thing, a computer. You are impatient and buy a computer direcly, getting a good computer. Your friend waits a year and get a better computer for the same price(or the same computer but for less money).

You might also spend money only for you to get bills for other things that you need to pay = you are going to get problems paying for them = you are most likely going to be in dept while if your friend waits and pays for it he/she wont get any problem, sure no pc but wont have any economical problems.

(Only one example).

Beta too early = unplayable game or different things missing(because they are not added yet) or something else. Beta is for testing. Sure it might be playable but it is much better to wait until they(Klei) can fix the bugs they know about. During beta it is us players who can find other bugs that a developer might not notice, it can also be for testing the servers if they can handle the amount of players or other things.

The thing is, next week I am going to have an exam and then I'm done(only 1 exam on Tuesday which is great :D and others migh have several next week and other have this week and other might have the week after you have exams etc etc.

The event is going to stay for a couple of weeks and remember, it is soon the end of the semester = no school soon.

I don't know how long it is going to stay but I think it is safe to say it is going to be about the same lengh as The Forge(that was almost 5 weeks!, was going to be less but they gave us more time)

I sadly will have some problems, my laptop is old and gets overheated when playing games BUT I might be able to play on another laptop or on my father's PC(not a gaming pc but DST should be playable on it without any problems...I hope).

That's exacly what i'm trying to say I don't want some unfinshed beta that bearly works and the developer has to rush it let them take time we had to wait long and now we know when we are getting the update and we know the skins and such today is my birthday I had to wait a long time and now it's here I won't getmy birthday gift yet since we don't have a lot of time since here it's Monday so I wait some more and I wil get it and thats the thing we all need a thing called ''patience'' that word will help you in life

(Also good luck with the computer man hope it will be enouth)

if they do give us a beta, I actually hope it is a bit shorter than the forge's beta... Or maybe more restricted to the things they think they need the most feedback on.

With the forge, players like myself were able to easily figure out the best ways to defeat the bosses and waves, even with the changes that happened upon full release. While I still had tons of fun, I felt like it kinda spoiled it because I just knew what to do the day it came out, and I got a bit bored with it earlier than I would have if I had just ignored the beta :\

Not saying I would ignore the beta for this if it came out as well, just maybe they should see, if possible, if they can restrict parts of it that don't need as much testing. And maybe make sure the testing period isn't a 24/7 kinda deal. Maybe certain hours over the week, and they can have the hours change if need be so folks who work nightshift or just live in different timezones also have a shot at it.

1 hour ago, FluffyDoomMonster said:

With the forge, players like myself were able to easily figure out the best ways to defeat the bosses and waves, even with the changes that happened upon full release.

What kind of alternate reality were you playing the beta in? During the beta, players had no idea what they were doing. Sure, they were "figuring things out" but not with ease. People would get mad at you for not letting the Wilson heal, nobody played Wickerbottom as a healer, despite her arguably being the best, players were timing the cd crowns to make sure the effect wasn't applied on cast rather than pickup, you'd hardly ever see animation cancelling, we had no idea what the exact stats were with a lot of items in conjunction with weapons yet, people were arguing that Willow should have the inferno staff over Maxwell/Wicker, there were strats being posted here that consisted of using three WXs to "cheese" boarrior, a lot of people didn't know Woodie's throw had a 100% aggro grab, etc., etc., etc. The most reliable strategy I came across was sticking Woodie in a corner to draw aggro, compare this to what people like TShawKiller were doing by the end of the event. Woodie went from sitting in a corner, to baiting and dodging the boarrior's attacks, to being able to cancel out every single one of those attacks with proper timing.

Oh, but I suppose that you knew all of this by the end of the beta, so that makes up for the fact near every other player couldn't figure out right from left.

"Best ways" and "easily" are a bit of an exaggeration but the base strats for beating the event were definitely found out.

It became apparent that there needed to be a runner to distract the Boarillas, that players needed to use the sleep field on the Boarrior, that everyone needed to focus down the snortoises, or that people needed to gather the spawned pit pigs in a sleep field and insta-kill them. Etc etc.

Though this would be my experience having reached around... I think it was level 47 in the beta, and joining up with similarly leveled. By the end of it, I already was armed with the knowledge of how to beat the event, albeit a few changes with the new equipment and Webber becoming viable.

I think you may have taken what Fluffy said the wrong way. I played with them during the beta and after a while our group got a very basic strat down that had a pretty high success rate for the event. We didn't know all the strats you mentioned. We just did what we thought was best at the time. Wilson healer, Wes runner, etc. Fluffy was just trying to say that the crude and basic strat we did find was still enough to make it pretty predictable by the time the event went live. I doubt they meant any harm in what they said. Maybe it wasn't like that for everyone else we really wouldn't know we kept our group pretty small so we didn't have a whole lot of interaction with other players during the beta or the live event. So lets chalk it up to a misunderstanding, sound good Ressayez?

On 5/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, Ressayez said:

Oh, but I suppose that you knew all of this by the end of the beta, so that makes up for the fact near every other player couldn't figure out right from left.

Look, I didn't mean offense. Maybe explain your feelings and we can chat it out peacefully.

I'll admit I got lucky with the two groups of friends I was able to find. I found two small groups to play in and we got really good really fast. And I'm not saying we figured out the top best strats right away, as Lone mentioned, we just went through the waves so many times we knew the movements and how to kite all the waves. The kiting patterns didn't really change when it was officallly released from beta, so even after the short break it was easy to get back into just rushing through the forge.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:35 PM, LoneCourier said:

Fluffy was just trying to say that the crude and basic strat we did find was still enough to make it pretty predictable by the time the event went live.

Exactly that!

Maybe explain your feelings and we can chat it out peacefully.

Well I cry a lot, let's just get that out of the way. Then I feel useless for crying and cry some more, but I suppose that's just the natural order of things, the human condition if you will.  I have a lot of days where things just don't feel great, it's been this way for months, ever since December. I lost something back in December. I've got no motivation to do anything besides waiting, lying in my bed. I can hardly bring myself to eat a meatball. Things just feel... hopeless. Maybe June will bring something, maybe not. I've lost hope, that's all I'm saying. I don't know if my wife loves me anymore, that's all I'm saying.. I stare into her unblinking, pupil-less eyes and I just don't feel anything towards her anymore, it's like that fiery passion of hers has been nerfed. I still think she can change. Her authentic self is still buried deep inside of her, I know it... Sometimes I read the news and I see little glimmers of hope, but I'm doubtful, un-trusting. I sleep alone now, and I think that just worsens things. I just... I don't know, I've changed a lot, and she just stays the same, one might even think she's gotten worse... I'm lonely, so lonely and it just feels like I'm going through the motions, like there's nothing new, every season feels the same, I'm just playing the same game, it'll never change.

8 hours ago, Ressayez said:

I'm just playing the same game, it'll never change.

I dunno, I read a post that actually got a response from klei, and it was about buffing up willow and woody. While they might not buff them in the main game, it seems they have big plans for the new event :D.

5 minutes ago, FluffyDoomMonster said:

I dunno, I read a post that actually got a response from klei, and it was about buffing up willow and woody. While they might not buff them in the main game, it seems they have big plans for the new event :D.

Can you post a link to it?

9 hours ago, Ressayez said:

Well I cry a lot, let's just get that out of the way. Then I feel useless for crying and cry some more, but I suppose that's just the natural order of things, the human condition if you will.  I have a lot of days where things just don't feel great, it's been this way for months, ever since December. I lost something back in December. I've got no motivation to do anything besides waiting, lying in my bed. I can hardly bring myself to eat a meatball. Things just feel... hopeless. Maybe June will bring something, maybe not. I've lost hope, that's all I'm saying. I don't know if my wife loves me anymore, that's all I'm saying.. I stare into her unblinking, pupil-less eyes and I just don't feel anything towards her anymore, it's like that fiery passion of hers has been nerfed. I still think she can change. Her authentic self is still buried deep inside of her, I know it... Sometimes I read the news and I see little glimmers of hope, but I'm doubtful, un-trusting. I sleep alone now, and I think that just worsens things. I just... I don't know, I've changed a lot, and she just stays the same, one might even think she's gotten worse... I'm lonely, so lonely and it just feels like I'm going through the motions, like there's nothing new, every season feels the same, I'm just playing the same game, it'll never change.

I’m thinking this is probably a joke, but who cares on the off chance it isn’t: you are clinically depressed, which is an illness and a dangerous one. You should get help, stat.

Maxwell needs a buff too >.>

Archived